How to download Windows 10 and Retrieve Key

Jobe

donkey-girl

Everything is now activated, just as you all says have patience and it should work, now my quistion is can I now format my friends computer when both windows 10 and office 2013 both are activated and make a format c-drive and make clean install of win 10 and office 2013 and windows should be activated while I can restore office activation and also should be activated.. Thanks for helping clear it out.. :)

As long as you done Upgrading one time only you can now clean install as many times as you wish --- Backup activation as usual --- Backup Activation

Made now total clean install of win 10 but not activated even I have made an upgrade first, but restored my activation made with opa and now win 10 activated also installed office 2013 and restored the activation with opa, so both activated again..so ready to play again for a while and it was time for make a new clean install any way so took the chance with win 10, seem all works fine exept perfect disk business not compatible yet, guess there is a patch on its way soon..

• Replies 87
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when didn't recieve fckn' renew till today's evening thru updates -downloaded Media Creation Tool and...installation started pretty fast but...till 78 percent & than "some errors occured..." & "we tryin' to recover previous OS.." & neverendin' reboot. even with original ISO i can't fix. :think:

shit happens :lmao:

just now runnin' non installed (directly from DVD) Linux MInt! (what a drama)))

even can't imagine how it can to piss me off if OS was paid :lol:

hope it made your day guys.peace!

Airstream_Bill

one more queation about upgrading: is it advised to disable AV and malwarebytes during upgrade?

I would if I were you. I DID!

It seems that you cannot do a fresh install of W10 with a legit key of Windows 8.1/8/7. I tried and it rejected mine.

You have to upgrade first,then clean install after you have upgraded,I am just upgrading from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro,then afterwards will do a clean install of 10 pro,will let you know how it goes.
And after the upgrade WRITE DOWN (and make a backup with some tool for security) your NEW key that your W10 just received. Don't make the mistake of just doing a fresh install afterwards, cause if your license wasn't previously wrote in your bios, it'll NOT be auto retrieved by your fresh install (i.e. custom PCs which doesn't have OEM info and key on UEFI bios).

I am sure about that cause I did the upgrade, wrote down the new key and backed up the license. Afterward I made a fresh install (yep, the upgrade install is a mess) and I was surprised that as soon as I finished the install and W10 was up it was activated already. BUT, I took a look at the installed key and it wasn't the previous one I wrote down. Indeed, the key installed was one of the largely spread keys from insider program (which will expire soon and just serves as a trial key, I guess).

What I did next was changing the key and using the one I wrote down and voila, W10 immediately activated from Internet.

P.S.: remember, this was MY experience, and it may vary from hardware, system, OEM environment, etc.

P.S.2: sorry for my English. We don't take full classes of it here in Brazil and this was what I learned so far. [emoji16]

Yes I used the tool after upgrade,wrote down the licence key and then used it on the clean install,no problem.

donkey-girl

What tool can look the real key that have been used to activate windows and office, I dont think any tool out can do that but if I,m wrong, I would like to know where I find that tool, because Few computer I forgot write down the used key for activate win and office..

What tool can look the real key that have been used to activate windows and office, I dont think any tool out can do that but if I,m wrong, I would like to know where I find that tool, because Few computer I forgot write down the used key for activate win and office..

use the tool I have listed at the top of this page or at the start,keys are written in binary code,use the tool and it converts it for you so you can read it and store it to keep,Enjoy........

Airstream_Bill

use the tool I have listed at the top of this page or at the start,keys are written in binary code,use the tool and it converts it for you so you can read it and store it to keep,Enjoy........

That Tool Works REALLY Well.

donkey-girl

That Tool Works REALLY Well.

I rellay will use that tool because I was quick when fixing and activate friends (many) computers I forgot write down keys used for activation and sometime when need restore backup of activation I need the key.. Now I learned write down key and confirmation ID for each computer I activate...

I fixed the problem. For those who have the same problem as mine, you need to read your key from the registry and manually insert it.

same key for all Pro's (as i know). personally succesfully updated from win 7 retail.

today key was changed from ********-3V66T to retail one automatically.

I fixed the problem. For those who have the same problem as mine, you need to read your key from the registry and manually insert it.

same key for all Pro's (as i know). personally succesfully updated from win 7 retail.

Wait a sec, what do you mean by ********-3V66T was changed to retail? My legit key from W8.1 was changed to that after the upgrade, so basically we all received the same key.

StarshipSpaceX

hello all,
I upgraded Win 7 pro retails copy to Win 10 pro. and
info on the w.w.w. says I can see my new Windows 10 key through
Produkey software. and after checking out the Windows 10 key, I found
out that the key is same as generic key.
So, in all my windows 10 Pro is activated with generic key.

and

I had used my Win 7 retail genuine license for that. So, I got generic key against my retail license .

OMG!!!

If I am wrong , please let me know!

Is there a another to find Windows 10 key. I used Jellybean and Produkey, but same generic key !

I'm not too up to date with this subject, but from what I understood, when you do the upgrade MS generate a unic hash of your hardware if your key is legit, and that is stored on their servers so when you'll try to reinstall your W10 copy, Windows will check the servers and if they find your hash, it will activate itself, if you change your hardware the hashes won't be the same and you'll need to buy a new key.

So basically MS decided to place a generic key to all the devices.

Can't download the tool:

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Please upload to some other host

Wait a sec, what do you mean by ********-3V66T was changed to retail? My legit key from W8.1 was changed to that after the upgrade, so basically we all received the same key.

yep .it's IP key which will change to retail after some time.micro$oft is so micro$oft ;)

Well after the upgrade and activation I did a clean install imediately... my key remained this one ********-3V66T but in the system setting it says that my OS is activated.

Found some interesting note:

Note If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.​

WITH THE FREE UPGRADE OFFER THERE IS NO NEED TO RECORD YOUR NEW WINDOWS 10 KEY. THE KEY YOU GET IS A GENERIC OEM KEY. YOUR WINDOWS ACTIVATION IS TIED TO YOUR HARDWARE NOT A PRODUCT KEY.

[PS: the caps and bold note was copied and pasted from the source as it is]

I don't understand how gipsy's key was changed.

Note If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.​

WITH THE FREE UPGRADE OFFER THERE IS NO NEED TO RECORD YOUR NEW WINDOWS 10 KEY. THE KEY YOU GET IS A GENERIC OEM KEY. YOUR WINDOWS ACTIVATION IS TIED TO YOUR HARDWARE NOT A PRODUCT KEY.

[PS: the caps and bold note was copied and pasted from the source]

not only mine key was changed man.just wait some time & slmgr.vbs -dlv

[PS: the caps and bold note was copied and pasted from the source]

not only mine key was changed man.just wait some time & slmgr.vbs -dlv

My key is the generic one from above also.

Airstream_Bill

Mine is a Completely different Key than the Generic one above. It has been the same since I checked with the key finder program three days ago. I just checked it again and it is still the same as it was when Windows 10 first activated on my machine.

Mine is a Completely different Key than the Generic one above. It has been the same since I checked with the key finder program three days ago. I just checked it again and it is still the same as it was when Windows 10 first activated on my machine.

try to search your key in google first & u'll know what u got.

Maybe you have a different version that key is for the Pro, if you have Home you'll get the Home generic version.

Archived