How to download Windows 10 and Retrieve Key

Jobe

That's right it give a new key after upgrading .On my win 8 machine upgraded so far so good no issues . I didn't have no problem but I upgraded With OEM Win 8 with factory restore updated to 8.1 trough the store . it never has to be activated . ;)

• Replies 87
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fixed the problem. For those who have the same problem as mine, you need to read your key from the registry and manually insert it.

Well, there are 2 problems.

1. The key that they generated cannot be activated ( asks me to have my internet connection on and my internet connection Is always on)

2. If they generate a new key you can see only the end of it, so how do they expect users to copy that license?

On my pc because its OEM I cant transfer my key to another computer . On the windows 7 one witch Ive not upgraded to yet its a retail key i can move the key i have to use Magical Jelly Bean KeyFinder to find it . but every key has only so many activations and computers you can activate on .

How to upgrade to Windows 10 and get your new licence key

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1403593/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-and-get-your-new-licence-key

I ran the upgrade on my legit retail licensed Win 8.1. When it was done, it said windows was not activated because I had no internet connection even though I was using my browser to acccess the internet from this same installation. I tried to activate using my Win 8.1 product key and that was a nogo. I wonder if pulling the newly assigned windows 10 key and trying to enter that would work.

I ran the upgrade on my legit retail licensed Win 8.1. When it was done, it said windows was not activated because I had no internet connection even though I was using my browser to acccess the internet from this same installation. I tried to activate using my Win 8.1 product key and that was a nogo. I wonder if pulling the newly assigned windows 10 key and trying to enter that would work.

I upgraded my Win 7 machine to windows 10 with retail key after a few reboots and a lit bit latter it activated itsself you just have wait tell it activates on its own . ^_^

Well (Sheepish Grin) Somewhere along the line. My win 8.1 key turned into a VL key. I changed the Win8.1 key back to my legit retail and ran the upgrade, win 8.1 itupgraded and activated. I then did a clean install using the newly assigned Win10 key and it activated as well.

done the update on a legit windows 8.1 and run into activation problems!!

Error code: 0xC004F034

maybe there servers are going nuts? Ill keep trying.

rsp-answer.png?ver=5.7.0.102 Answer
Vinod Archak replied on

We are experiencing an issue with our activation service that can result in some PCs unable to finish activation after upgrading.

If the Activation status in Settings – Update & Security – Activation says “Connect to the Internet to activate Windows” and you’re connected to the Internet, please stay put. We’re working on the issue with our service and your PC will automatically activate once our service issue is addressed. Thanks for your patience and support.

Please do not attempt to clean install Windows 10 until your PC activates successfully and says “Windows is Activated” in the Activation status. Please do not attempt changing any product keys – this can prevent your PC from activating once our service issue is addressed.

After clicking the activation button 10+ times, I finally got activated.

I just finished my upgrade from a legit Win8.1 pro install

used the upgrade program https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

downloaded x64 and copied to USB

run setup from within windows and selected upgrade, took 56 minutes from start until i was back in windows

when asked for a serial select 'skip'

once in windows i went to control panel - system and windows was already activated with new serial

only two issues, 1. alcohol 120% virtual drive doesn't work (old version) and 2. PowerDesk pro 8.5 does not work, even in compatibility mode, the later annoys me as i love PD so if anyone figures a workaround please let me know

just to kno w

so , the disk iso i create with media creation tool will fit ONLY my pc ? or i can install it in a friend pc for example ?

Not sure. I don't plan on upgrading to 10 (at least not yet)

for me for same apps spec its much smoother and faster than 8.1.. its like i run linux here ! very impressed till now !

for me for same apps spec its much smoother and faster than 8.1.. its like i run linux here ! very impressed till now !

It's just the way I do things. If a new major iteration of a program is released, I don't update until I've had a chance to test the new release in a sandbox or VM. When a new Windows comes out, I wait until SP1 is released or until there have been enough Windows Updates for it to work out the majority of the initial problems and security holes.

It's just the way I do things. If a new major iteration of a program is released, I don't update until I've had a chance to test the new release in a sandbox or VM. When a new Windows comes out, I wait until SP1 is released or until there have been enough Windows Updates for it to work out the majority of the initial problems and security holes.

OR you can do what i did. IMAGE last 8.1 position (in case i want to revert back) and upgrade to win 10 :)

anyone knows what the differences between the ISO i create with windows creation tool and ZWT iso ? (1MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.10.PRO-CORE.RTM.10240.X64.OEMRET.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT)

are they same and final ? :(

what is better to use or it doeskin matter? :o

Thanks!

donkey-girl

Did an upgrade on friends pc today and dont enter any key(before 8.1 and office was activated by phone and make a backup of activation and I also write Down the used keys) after upgrade Windows 10 pro says not activated office 2013 says activated,also tried restore activation but still not activated win 10 so I roll it back and both win 8.1 and office 2013 says activated Again. I dont know what went wrong maybe Microsoft server for activation is not working at the moment, but what will happend if I make a clean install now will It still says not activated ore ?? maybe if not activated try restore activation to see luck or not. I guess I will wait a few days and hope it will activate it self when all is cleared up this is all new and I read I,m not the only one getting not activated...

I was not activated straight away,last night I installed and all night no activation,this morning switched machine on and activated!,it just takes a little while.

Software to find your key is available as it is in binary code in your registry.

Go here for software to show your key: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxrgf074z15vavj/produkey_setup.rar?dl=0

Insert the key manually, so from what I learned (as other people pointed out), your key in converted in another key. Install a software that finds the windows key so you can store it and manually introduce it in the activation field, then it will activate instantly.

november_ra1n

Did an upgrade on friends pc today and dont enter any key(before 8.1 and office was activated by phone and make a backup of activation and I also write Down the used keys) after upgrade Windows 10 pro says not activated office 2013 says activated,also tried restore activation but still not activated win 10 so I roll it back and both win 8.1 and office 2013 says activated Again. I dont know what went wrong maybe Microsoft server for activation is not working at the moment, but what will happend if I make a clean install now will It still says not activated ore ?? maybe if not activated try restore activation to see luck or not. I guess I will wait a few days and hope it will activate it self when all is cleared up this is all new and I read I,m not the only one getting not activated...

Insert the key manually, so from what I learned (as other people pointed out), your key in converted in another key. Install a software that finds the windows key so you can store it and manually introduce it in the activation field, then it will activate instantly.

Alex yesterday it was MSDN Edition and WU cames same day. There are million PC trying to upgrade and activate Windows 10 MS server could not cop with it. I suggest try your legit key and upgrade today again but remember keep the net on during activation and skip any key if Windows ask you also make sure you upgrade same edition as you are on Windows 7-8/8.1.

People failed to activate yesterday open their PC today and Windows 10 has activated itself.

Yes, I read over a Windows Ten Forums the servers were overloaded all you have to do is upgrade and wait I successfully upgraded two computers yesterday 1st one I done early it activated right away . the 2nd one I done It activated about a hour or two latter . :)

Yes, I read over a Windows Ten Forums the servers were overloaded

Yesterday there was about 16.3 installs of Windows 10 a second worldwide. :lol:

Video here of it

Source

donkey-girl

Everything is now activated, just as you all says have patience and it should work, now my quistion is can I now format my friends computer when both windows 10 and office 2013 both are activated and make a format c-drive and make clean install of win 10 and office 2013 and windows should be activated while I can restore office activation and also should be activated.. Thanks for helping clear it out.. :)

one more queation about upgrading: is it advised to disable AV and malwarebytes during upgrade?

november_ra1n

Everything is now activated, just as you all says have patience and it should work, now my quistion is can I now format my friends computer when both windows 10 and office 2013 both are activated and make a format c-drive and make clean install of win 10 and office 2013 and windows should be activated while I can restore office activation and also should be activated.. Thanks for helping clear it out.. :)

As long as you done Upgrading one time only you can now clean install as many times as you wish --- Backup activation as usual --- Backup Activation

Archived