[Help] MBAM issue!

Roger D

• Replies 67
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just need any security setup that can do the job without much resources.. I browse limited and safe websites.. :P

Then all you need is WFC - all problem one solution :P

seriously. :yes:

I'm using WFC :lol:

I just need any security setup that can do the job without much resources.

A security suite will consume far more resources than a standalone while offering fewer options.

My starting point is an Anti-executable and a firewall - bingo, the other anti-malware have nothing malicious to find . . . . . . . anymore (prevention is better than cure.)

I browse limited and safe websites.. [ :P]

Any modest firewall used judiciously will keep your internet pipeline clean, open and fast - moreover, it will even help reverse-engineer many of your programs and applications which can then be used for retaining activations rendering the products as good as genuine (if not better.)

Finally.. uninstalling the MBAM crap.. :s

But I would give 360 SE a try.. :rolleyes:

360 TS will suck ur PC resources like hell!!!

i would advice u to use ESET and 30 days trial(userid/pass) + Combinatioon of IP block gives u around 45 days of protection!!!

u have to just change KEY every 45 days that's it !! it not tough!!!

PRO"S of this Method!!!

# IP BLOCK WILL EXTEND any License to a max of 45 DAYS

#THE TRIAL AND ACTIVATE POP-UP will be gone after implementing the IP block after a 2-3 reeboots!!!

If u want IP's Then PM me i'll send u

by this way u get ESET free for Lifetime

regards

I personally would not "uninstall the MBAM crap". It is still one of the best secondary scanners out there, IMO. I also have a lifetime license, but I only use the free version. The Pro version is buggy, and the website protection is intrusive. I recommend keeping MBAM as a secondary scanner (much like Hitman Pro) and find another full time security solution to your liking.

@Roger. Had the same problem couple issues back. Ran I-obit full uninstall of MBAM, then C/Cleaner, rebooted and did a clean trail install from MBAM Direct Site. Rebooted, then offline activated MBAM with Key. Went online, ran updates and A 4 a Way, all was Okay.

Just my 5Cents. Cheers-

STEEL

An interesting phenomenon, I use MBAM for a very long time, maybe from this time, when it the first time appeared, always the PRO version. Have not come across such a situation.
You may try to remove it permanently, ie uninstall, deep registry cleaning and also delete folder Malwarebytes.
%programdata%\Malwarebytes

And then try to reinstall.

I've genuine purchased lifetime license of MBAM Pro..(All thanks to Myna ) :yes:

My ESET License is about to expire.. so I decided to give MBAM a try..

here's the problem I'm facing..

If I enable Malicious website protection then I'm unable to browse any website.. :(

Sshot_2.jpg

But If I disable the option.. Then it shows Your system is not fully protected..

Sshot_1.jpg

What should I do..? :think: :think: :think:

Roger D, I have MBAM installed too and have been using it for a few years. When I installed the latest version I had the Malicious Website Protection enabled and on many sites, not all, but many I was getting blocked...so I just disabled the Malicious Website Protection...Yes, I get the pop up when I boot my system saying "Your system is not fully protected"...but I just close it and carry on. I am careful when I surf i.e. I stick to sites that I have visited regularly without encountering problems. I don't feel less secure without the Malicious Website "Protection"...."Pain in the ass" more like!!! :showoff: :showoff: :showoff:

Now I've uninstalled MBAM and using 360 Total Security Essential. :)

Now I've uninstalled MBAM and using 360 Total Security Essential. :)

if u get any performance drops and Lots of False Positives.!!!

then consider once this!!

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/246665-help-mbam-issue/page-2?do=findComment&comment=940559

regards

If I enable Malicious website protection then I'm unable to browse any website.. :(

I tell folks that enabling Website Filtration (any program) is useless - they pelt me with stones. :(

I then tell them to abandon MBAM - they hurl bricks at me. :wtf:

Duck!!!! My brick is on its way!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

360 TSE giving so many false positives.. :wtf:

Trying MBAM free version now.. :P

Don't you have a notification popping up from your system tray icon? It gives you the option to whitelist the site you're trying to visit.Just okay it once.

After a while,if you keep pretty much to the same sites, it wont bother you anymore.MBAM is a good addition to someones protection especially if you have the Pro version.

Try resetting your router.
Also check your browser extensions.
Or try this-
  • Clean your laptop with a cloth.
  • Click some photos of it - front, back, left, right
  • Visit - www.olx.com
  • Post an ad for your laptop.
  • Now, format your laptop's HDD.
  • Wait for the buyer to call/text.

After the sale is complete, visit a local electronics store and buy this (or anything that looks similar)

8iqQhzf.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Or try this-
  • Clean your laptop with a cloth.
  • Click some photos of it - front, back, left, right
  • Visit - www.olx.com
  • Post an ad for your laptop.
  • Now, format your laptop's HDD.
  • Wait for the buyer to call/text.

After the sale is complete, visit a local electronics store and buy this (or anything that looks similar)

8iqQhzf.jpg

:D :D :D :D

:duh: :duh: :duh:

Don't you have any giveaways for ESET nod32 Antivirus.. You Giveaways chor ? :P

Don't you have a notification popping up from your system tray icon? It gives you the option to whitelist the site you're trying to visit.Just okay it once.

After a while,if you keep pretty much to the same sites, it wont bother you anymore.MBAM is a good addition to someones protection especially if you have the Pro version.

No popup at all.. and in my case it has nothing to do with whitelisting websites.. after enabling the Malicious website Protection, it simply blocks net for the whole system.. It can't even update itself.. :( :( :(

Archived