Ad Muncher 4.94 Build 34121

jalaffa

I stopped using AdMuncher about a year ago, found a way better method to block ads

I use the MVPS script together with HostsMan, and I have zero problems.

Yes, this is the end of the AdMuncher era. Thanks AdMuncher Nsane team for all the years of dedication :)

• Replies 96
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this be the end of AdMuncher Era ? :hurt:

I thought they were working on version 5.

For 6 Years ? :lol: :p and no sign for v5 YET :lol:

Thank God i have AdGuard, or better use uBlock :p

There will be no v.5 and there will be no updates for v.4.93 soon and v.4.94 ( freeware ) will disappear sooner or later.

Maybe previous users, including myself, should start studding which will be the best ad blocker after ad

muncher...for sure I will not choose ad Guard.

Cheers, jeff !

I stopped using AdMuncher about a year ago, found a way better method to block ads

I use the MVPS script together with HostsMan, and I have zero problems.

Yes, this is the end of the AdMuncher era. Thanks AdMuncher Nsane team for all the years of dedication :)

The problem with HOSTS file, is that it takes a lot of RAM and your connection became unavailable during the update of DNS cache. If you stop the DNS Client service your Internet connexion became a lot slower due to DNS queries for all connections made.

Probably, but it's a pain is the ass to configure for not blocking all your Internet or desired connections (like Steam ones or such). And since it can't import adblock list nor HOSTS file compatible ones, it's really annoying to maintain.

I knew it block IP addresses, but I didn't know it would delete the ad completely.

It seemed to detect programs that use ads by default--like Skype--but I don't know how I feel about it detecting ESET and Peerblock with ads.

I do like that it blocks programs/websites on my computer, but it doesn't seem to block some of the ads on some sites. Then again, I have Self-Destructing Cookies, so I'm not too concerned.

You can prevent it from filtering programs by going to Options then Filter Targets and changing dropdown to Programs that made connections, highlighting them, and clicking Dont Filter.

Ad Muncher detects any program that makes an HTTP connection and attempts to filter ads for those.

I know that, but will it hurt anything to leave the programs in the list? I didn't even know most of those had ads.

EDIT: You know what? I'm stupid. Admuncher only detected items that made a connection to the internet. DUH!

it detect any internet connection but dos not filter any soft unless it was in the default list & added by user

yes 5551 wont install with 94 found 5550 free

93 found 5551 premium and 4xxx free

think need some dayd for sync servers and make all free

YEAH ITS ADGUARD ERA UNTIL AD-MUNCHER STARTS MUNCHING ADS ON https AND SUPPORT FOR NEWER BROWSERS

Needz "ADGAURD" CrAcK :tooth: :pirate:

PS: =we dem boyz- :dance2: @2600.com

there is a cracked dll`s for version 5.10 somewhere in adguard thread

YEAH ITS ADGUARD ERA UNTIL AD-MUNCHER STARTS MUNCHING ADS ON https AND SUPPORT FOR NEWER BROWSERS

RIGHT.... i said a big :wtf: to AM developer , he mail as to share ad muncher with other users... what users suppose to do ? using amd + adblock with easlist to cover any https sites ??? wtffff is this joke....

Needz "ADGAURD" CrAcK :tooth: :pirate:

PS: =we dem boyz- :dance2: @2600.com

there is a cracked dll`s for version 5.10 somewhere in adguard thread

RIGHT.... i said a big :wtf: to AM developer , he mail as to share ad muncher with other users... what users suppose to do ? using amd + adblock with easlist to cover any https sites ??? wtffff is this joke....

One thing about ad muncher is you don't have to buy it anymore and they removed the privacy issues it use to have . It covers all browsers but IE 11 in windows 8.1 . I rather use ABP or ABE or some other add-on with or without Ad muncher at lest its free.

Seems Ad Guard is doing like Ad muncher use too ether you have to buy or get a giveaway key or use cracks .It has tons of privacy issues as well Look were it got ad muncher in the end using these policies . It got them no were only a little over 100,000 ever really bought it in 15 years . To end up just freeware maybe soon abandon ware. :P

And what about the free AdFender ?

Well if you use IE 11 and you don't want buy ad guard or fool with giveaways or cracks . its the only free one thats really working . But if you use other browsers Id say using your choice of free addon with or without Ad muncher is a better choice . I have AdFender but i have it fixed to only filter IE 11.

It's great unless you have Avast installed. Then it's useless.

I have tried excluding it from the scans, but has no effect.

Starts working as long as I disable Avast.

Avast has caused me so many problems, especially content errors in Firefox.

Time to move on to a new AV. Which one though?

I never had no problems using v4.93 with avast in the past, only thing was i had to run am as and admin witch i had it setup were it would ask on boot up .

People who keeps asking about filter updates for this , Jeff said let it update automatically.

http://forum.admuncher.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29508#p60970

So I guess updates will come when there ready to give them to you. :)

It's great unless you have Avast installed. Then it's useless.

I have tried excluding it from the scans, but has no effect.

Starts working as long as I disable Avast.

Avast has caused me so many problems, especially content errors in Firefox.

Time to move on to a new AV. Which one though?

TRY ESET

ESET looks great. Pity I have a few months left on my Avast AV & Secureline.

Will switch for sure, but cant bring myself to pay again, while Avast licence is still running.

Archived