Ad Muncher 4.94 Build 34121

jalaffa

I been waiting on version 5 for over 6 years . By the time version 5 comes out I'm going try it again when it does . That's when they seem to be going to add htpps .

http://forum.admuncher.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29450

Only time I use IE is to record videos for some reason they look much better when I rec them from IE than from chrome and FF . But when I do use IE 11 witch I rarely do I want and ad blocker that works because of all the malware in ads . And AdFender is free and works great with IE 11 . Seems lots are trying to live in yesteryear for a program thats not really had no changes other than the fact its made freeware since July 13th, 2012 . :P

• Replies 96
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will continue using the paid version until it stops updating premium filters.

This free version uses old filters and will update weekly, not daily.

When i tested the beta free version it had and option you could check to update filters daily but said only to use it if you were and extreme ad muncher user . The filters were not updating at all for me in the beta seems ether there's a bug in the server or overloaded. They have implemented a new way update most likely once that get working good they will shut the old servers off . Even before using paid version sometimes there servers had problems.

When i tested the beta free version it had and option you could check to update filters daily but said only to use it if you were and extreme ad muncher user . The filters were not updating at all for me in the beta seems ether there's a bug in the server or overloaded. They have implemented a new way update most likely once that get working good they will shut the old servers off . Even before using paid version sometimes there servers had problems.

- All users will receive filter list updates. "Weekly" to begin with, then daily if our hosting can handle the load.

http://www.admuncher.com/free

For me, Ad muncher is the best. Try to use another ad blocker on this site and see what happens. Here, only «ad

muncher» works well and fully ( about 78 TV channels ) :--» http://www.estadiofutebol.com/default.php

IE 11 ? - :lol:

I will continue with 4.93.33707 and the automatic/daily updater ...//www.nsaneforu...dater/?p=836241

Maybe one day it stops updating daily, but meanwhile is good, so...if good don`t touch --» that`s my rule.

Cheers

Jofre

- All users will receive filter list updates. "Weekly" to begin with, then daily if our hosting can handle the load.

http://www.admuncher.com/free

Pretty much it says as well if you didn't buy in the last 30 days your screwed

I just paid damn it!

I completely understand how you would be feeling if you recently purchased Ad Muncher, only to see this announcement.

Ad Muncher wouldn't be here without your support. You saw a struggling software product and paid your hard-earned cash to help keep it alive. Your support is appreciated, and will never be forgotten.

My only request at this point is that you understand the difficult position this transition will place me in financially, and accept my goal of giving you no less in terms of service than if Ad Muncher wasn't free.

We have a 30-day full refund policy that I'm happy to still provide, but every refund will reduce the chances of Ad Muncher surviving as a free product.

You no can longer buy paid versions or download them from there site . The next thing i look for is it to become abandon ware . If they could not handle updating there software for the latest browsers and link technology when people paid what makes anyone think it will become any better as freeware?

So now we can use AdGuard 5 latest free for 6 month...and you can install it over and over again...If that option disapears...maybe switch to AM 5...will see!

If youre using IE, then blocking ads is the least of your worries.....

Please, use a real browser....

And to debunk the "it doesnt work with https", for like the milliontyith time:

It never will, i wont bore you with why, so get over it, its been many years of whining on this point, time to get a life :)

p.s. on https...

My squid proxy doesnt filter https either, because its not meant to, but considering that a lot of sites use https by default now, do i quit using squid...no, sure the caching is getting lower, but its still saves bandwidth

Actually, the author of Ad Muncher said v5 will work with SSL/HTTPS.

See comments section

http://www.murrayhurps.com/blog/ad-muncher-version-5

And why would you say never? Do you think it to be a technical impossibility? Because AdGuard does it fine.

It seemed to detect programs that use ads by default--like Skype--but I don't know how I feel about it detecting ESET and Peerblock with ads.

I do like that it blocks programs/websites on my computer, but it doesn't seem to block some of the ads on some sites. Then again, I have Self-Destructing Cookies, so I'm not too concerned.

You can prevent it from filtering programs by going to Options then Filter Targets and changing dropdown to Programs that made connections, highlighting them, and clicking Dont Filter.

Ad Muncher detects any program that makes an HTTP connection and attempts to filter ads for those.

"Salaries for three people, along with our usual expenses, will be covered entirely by myself by selling almost everything I have, and taking on some external work."

This is so stupid that I have no more words to describe ...

AdGuard made Ad Muncher totally irrelevant.

Actually, the author of Ad Muncher said v5 will work with SSL/HTTPS.

See comments section

http://www.murrayhurps.com/blog/ad-muncher-version-5

And why would you say never? Do you think it to be a technical impossibility? Because AdGuard does it fine.

When it comes to v5 ill believe it when i see it like i said been waiting 6 years for it . thats how long they been talking about it

as far as ssl ad blocking nothing new AG didn't invent it bro.

Like Mozilla's built-in image blocker, Adblock Plus blocks HTTP and HTTPS requests according to their source address and additional context information and can block iframes, scripts, and Flash. It also uses automatically generated user stylesheets to hide elements such as text ads on a page as they load instead of blocking them, known as element hiding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus

Adblock Plus filter list as of August 2011, with over 12 million subscribers .

I don't think it was AG was what that drove the nail in AM coffin that it was other free addons that use abp list did . :lol:

"Salaries for three people, along with our usual expenses, will be covered entirely by myself by selling almost everything I have, and taking on some external work."

This is so stupid that I have no more words to describe ...

True indeed :lol:

I think ( if you wish to use the freeware version ) and you installed today, probably you have to wait a week, then get filters update ( ? )- Latest filters right now are 5551. The freeware version shows 5550.

v4.93

icon_post_target.gifby lopezgreat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:12 am

hi all
sorry that i dunno where to put this question
i would like to know where i can download the old version of v4.93.33707
thanks a lot
Re: v4.93

icon_post_target.gifby Jeff » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:15 am

may I ask why?

it will stop receiving updates very soon.

the final version of 4.94 shouldn't have any bugs.

it's out now btw.

Well seems I was right soon your going have to use free version or use something else

http://forum.admuncher.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29506

It seemed to detect programs that use ads by default--like Skype--but I don't know how I feel about it detecting ESET and Peerblock with ads.

I do like that it blocks programs/websites on my computer, but it doesn't seem to block some of the ads on some sites. Then again, I have Self-Destructing Cookies, so I'm not too concerned.

You can prevent it from filtering programs by going to Options then Filter Targets and changing dropdown to Programs that made connections, highlighting them, and clicking Dont Filter.

Ad Muncher detects any program that makes an HTTP connection and attempts to filter ads for those.

I know that, but will it hurt anything to leave the programs in the list? I didn't even know most of those had ads.

EDIT: You know what? I'm stupid. Admuncher only detected items that made a connection to the internet. DUH!

sadly i must agree with you , not because AM doesnt support faggy ie11 , only coz it wont support HTTPS filtering and that far beyond reasonable dough those days

I dont see how anyone could ever compare AG or AM to ABP witch has 18+ million users as of March 2014 ? Murray Hurps said AM is over 15 years old and only 100,000+ people who have contributed their hard-earned money to Ad Muncher's development. :) Shows you guys are looking at it in a :pirate: sense of view not the real worlds view and whats reality . :lol: Reality is nether program is used but a fraction of what ABP is this not counting all the addons that branched off of it.

Felt like I grew up with this software installed kind of, but maybe I should change my mind?

I know for as long as i known you like 7 years . you always used AM . I always used it because it could block ads without me telling witch ones to block but have started noticing in the last few years by turning off AM that there was not very much difference using ABP or ABE plus I used ABP even when i used AM because AM cant block ads on HTTPS sites . ABP or ABE can .

Felt like I grew up with this software installed kind of, but maybe I should change my mind?

I know for as long as i known you like 7 years . you always used AM . I always used it because it could block ads without me telling witch ones to block but have started noticing in the last few years by turning off AM that there was not very much difference using ABP or ABE plus I used ABP even when i used AM because AM cant block ads on HTTPS sites . ABP or ABE can .

IMO one of the reasons is PC`s become more and more faster so even with ads or partly blocking any ads , the page will load fast...

Archived