Sandboxie 4.14

jalaffa

I was running admin account on XP and got the same license error every time I've tried to run apps in more than one sandbox. Gave up with power activator, uninstalled it, reboot, reinstalled 4.14, reboot, exit sandboxie processes + turn off service, patched, reboot, run sandboxie control and finally activated. sandboxie service can not run when you hit patch and it needs to be running when activating using uuk patch. Finally got it working on XP

• Replies 110
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used power Activator i had no problem with it, i couldn't get uuk to work. only thing that bugs me is i click on run sandboxed then click on run windows explorer i open up like my external drive it loads up ok, but if i click on like my game folder in it then it wont load. i have a flash drive does it to but when i try to open it wont load. must be something to do with sandboxie.

I was running admin account on XP and got the same license error every time I've tried to run apps in more than one sandbox. Gave up with power activator, uninstalled it, reboot, reinstalled 4.14, reboot, exit sandboxie processes + turn off service, patched, reboot, run sandboxie control and finally activated. sandboxie service can not run when you hit patch and it needs to be running when activating using uuk patch. Finally got it working on XP

i did not get it . did you managed to activate it using power activator v2.0 or using uuk ?

did you follow my instructions or with out them ?

I've tried your patch 3 times on clean sandboxie 4.14 installation on PC with XP SP3. Sandboxie was activated and worked in day it was activated. When started PC next day sandboxied probably deteced the key as invalid. Then if you try to start apps in more than one sandbox there an error will show up like OZOZO posted. Sandboxie shows activated but premium features has stopped working.

Then I've done as described 2 posts above and activated using uuk patch :)

oh good.

by the way , i am not a cracker , and it is not my patch , i am just a user found this activator on a dev-point website. and i have noticed , it works very well with defferent o.s ..... Greets

is anyone having problems with large folders not opening when sandboxed? if i have C drive sandboxed then open like windows folder that folder wont load. if i open my external drive sandboxed then try to open like my game folder it wont load up. you see the green bar up top going across then about half way slow down before gets to the end it stops. i have a flash drive that wont load at all sandboxed because it has a lot of things on it but the ones that have less on it load fine.

i just updated to v4.15.5 i don't have any problems now with folders not loading. i tried all the folders that wouldn't load with v4.14 they all work now on v4.15.5.

From what Ive tested, using windows xp x86, with only the uuk patch, works perfectly.

For the windows 7/8.1 x86 (didnt tested on vista), you need to be in test mode, by using the dseo13b.exe on the front page, but it shouldnt need :huh:. Or use that power activator.

For windows x64 (didnt tested on vista), uuk patch + desefix.exe, I think its the best method.

From what Ive tested, using windows xp x86, with only the uuk patch, works perfectly.

For the windows 7/8.1 x86 (didnt tested on vista), you need to be in test mode, by using the dseo13b.exe on the front page, but it shouldnt need :huh:. Or use that power activator.

For windows x64 (didnt tested on vista), uuk patch + desefix.exe, I think its the best method.

you're right Brother, not only on Windows xp, on All windows works fine..

you're right Brother, not only on Windows xp, on All windows works fine..

Yeah, but test mode, shouldnt be needed on windows x86 OS. :unsure:

you never said anything to me about test mode, maybe i should of tried that. i have seen on here about test mode i thought it was for 64-bit. i still like the power Activator better so easy to use and works great.

you never said anything to me about test mode, maybe i should of tried that. i have seen on here about test mode i thought it was for 64-bit. i still like the power Activator better so easy to use and works great.

Ive tested the uuk patch on windows xp and I assumed it would work on all the others windows x86. Test mode was only for x64, but now that there is dsefix, its not necessary, but you can still use it, and it will work for both x86 and x64.

4.15 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.15.6)

Combined 32/64 installer:

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall-415-6.exe

Separate:

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall32-415-6.exe

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall64-415-6.exe

Fixes in 4.15.6

1) Certificate revocation information is sometimes unavailable. IE occasionally pops up dialog "Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?"

2) Win 8.1 KB3000850 affected Office 2013 (and possibly other apps). Sandboxie would issue error SBIE2205 Service not Implemented: LoadedModules.

3) Added OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\FntCache to templates.ini to eliminate more font cache problems.

4) Added ClosedFilePath=%SystemRoot%\System32\IDStore.dll & ClosedFilePath=%SystemRoot%\System32\wlidprov.dll to templates.ini to eliminate Windows Live problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Changes for 2015

Dear Sandboxie Fans,

We thank you for your continued loyalty to Sandboxie and feedback.

As you start out 2015, we are excited to announce exciting new changes at Sandboxie.

1. First, we updated and simplified our home page.

See http://www.sandboxie.com for the new look. We retained the forums untouched as we know how valuable they are to everyone.

2. Lifetime Licenses are Back!

We heard you loud and clear that many of you want lifetime licenses. We brought them back, so you can pay once and forever have a Sandboxie license.

3. We now have new bundled pricing!

The bundled pricing provides substantial discounts on purchasing multiple copies of Sandboxie for home, including bundles of 3 or 5 lifetime license packs. This is a good option for protecting all the machines in your home.

Visit http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?HomeUse for more information and to buy.

As always, we welcome your feedback.

Happy New Year,

The Sandboxie Team

Source: http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20164

Changes for 2015

Dear Sandboxie Fans,

We thank you for your continued loyalty to Sandboxie and feedback.

As you start out 2015, we are excited to announce exciting new changes at Sandboxie.

1. First, we updated and simplified our home page.

See http://www.sandboxie.com for the new look. We retained the forums untouched as we know how valuable they are to everyone.

2. Lifetime Licenses are Back!

We heard you loud and clear that many of you want lifetime licenses. We brought them back, so you can pay once and forever have a Sandboxie license.

3. We now have new bundled pricing!

The bundled pricing provides substantial discounts on purchasing multiple copies of Sandboxie for home, including bundles of 3 or 5 lifetime license packs. This is a good option for protecting all the machines in your home.

Visit http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?HomeUse for more information and to buy.

As always, we welcome your feedback.

Happy New Year,

The Sandboxie Team

Source: http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20164

its really tempting $34.95 for a lifetime license good deal. the problem is i hardly ever use it not anywhere near enough to bother to buy it. i use power Activator that works great for me for what little i use it and everything works. if i used it every day or week i would be more the willing to pay the $34.95 but i just don't. i just like to have it there if i need it.

its really tempting $34.95 for a lifetime license good deal. the problem is i hardly ever use it not anywhere near enough to bother to buy it. i use power Activator that works great for me for what little i use it and everything works. if i used it every day or week i would be more the willing to pay the $34.95 but i just don't. i just like to have it there if i need it.

I think you may be using Sandboxie only for web-browsing(that too when browsing some shady websites) :P My assumption may be wrong ;)

But i use it for sandboxing almost all the software that i have on my PC.IMHO, hence it is well worth the $$$ :D

Review: http://malwaretips.com/threads/review-sandboxie.12995/

I think you may be using Sandboxie only for web-browsing(that too when browsing some shady websites) :PMy assumption may be wrong ;)

But i use it for sandboxing almost all the software that i have on my PC.IMHO, hence it is well worth the $$$ :D

i have used it for browsing but also for programs. if its something i want to try out first before i install it to see how its going to work out. i stay away from bad sites much as i can. i have Malwarebytes that blocks sits a lot of the time that are bad and i have Ad Muncher and Adguard too. but no program will block every bad thing 100% of the time so if im unsure about a site or program i use Sandboxie. but i might say the heck with it and go buy the lifetime license anyways who knows lol.

Like you can take for granted what Malwarebytes or NOD32 says always both have false positives on nsanedown When I want check a site I use Security Plus add-on

Security Plus is a browser extension that provides free checking of urls for viruses. It uses up to 64 different antivirus products and scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus solution may have missed., or to verify against any false positives.

• 2 weeks later...

4.15 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.15.8)

Combined 32/64 installer:

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall-415-8.exe

Separate:

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall32-415-8.exe

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall64-415-8.exe

Fixes in 4.15.8

1) Fixed another Dll Initialization Failed issue

2) Error SBIE2101 now gives more information.

3) Increased named pipe timeout from 3 seconds to 10 seconds to eliminate SBIE2101 error.

3) A security problem reported by a user has been fixed (details when 4.16 is released).

Like you can take for granted what Malwarebytes or NOD32 says always both have false positives on nsanedown When I want check a site I use Security Plus add-on

Security Plus is a browser extension that provides free checking of urls for viruses. It uses up to 64 different antivirus products and scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus solution may have missed., or to verify against any false positives.

I've had this addon installed for a bit but I always forget to use it. In case anyone wants it, you can grab the Firefox addon here and the Chrome extension here. Thanks for reminding me of this :P

Archived