Internet Download Manager 6.21 Build 10

jalaffa

Some Firewalls dont have app rules so the only way is to block thorough there whole computer and when I tested KIS in A VM the FW kept adding IDM back to trusted on updates . And removing my rules the only fool proof way I found in kis was to block though the whole computer.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't have KIS on my system - we have a new solution for the KIS firewall which is being beta-tested, ATM.

Your going to tell people there ignorant for blocking ips thorough whole computer when before June everyone was doing it with host blocks ? At lest they thought they was it really wasn't working anymore. :lol:

Times are changing fast - the world is evolving swiftly (the hosts trick, on it's own has become redundant.)

If I do not continue to devote the more than 8-hours-a-day at reverse-engineering and at learning and re-learning new stunts, my son will emerge very soon on these very pages to call me ignorant (ironically, I would love to see that day - in reality, that is a pipe-dream.)

Things like ignorance, notwithstanding - we may or may not have a new solution for Kaspersky Users (only time will tell - one can be sure of one thing though, things are evolving rapidly - we can choose to keep pace or be called ignorant.) :dunno:

Times are not changing much history keeps repeating its self . Chef RES that owns appznet told us how to block IPS of IDM with a FW a very long time ago . The difference was back then people had a choice to block ips with a FW or to use host block . Everyone chose to use host block instead and IDM figured out by using hard coded IPS they could get thorgh host blocks . The only thing I seen change was IDM.

The hosts trick fails simply because it cannot possibly filter any IP - regardless of whether that IP is hard-coded or not.

That is change - history may or may not repeat itself (but, change is inevitable.)

• Replies 82
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Firewalls dont have app rules so the only way is to block thorough there whole computer and when I tested KIS in A VM the FW kept adding IDM back to trusted on updates . And removing my rules the only fool proof way I found in kis was to block though the whole computer.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't have KIS on my system - we have a new solution for the KIS firewall which is being beta-tested, ATM.

Your going to tell people there ignorant for blocking ips thorough whole computer when before June everyone was doing it with host blocks ? At lest they thought they was it really wasn't working anymore. :lol:

Times are changing fast - the world is evolving swiftly (the hosts trick, on it's own has become redundant.)

If I do not continue to devote the more than 8-hours-a-day at reverse-engineering and at learning and re-learning new stunts, my son will emerge very soon on these very pages to call me ignorant (ironically, I would love to see that day - in reality, that is a pipe-dream.)

Things like ignorance, notwithstanding - we may or may not have a new solution for Kaspersky Users (only time will tell - one can be sure of one thing though, things are evolving rapidly - we can choose to keep pace or be called ignorant.) :dunno:

Times are not changing much history keeps repeating its self . Chef RES that owns appznet told us how to block IPS of IDM with a FW a very long time ago . The difference was back then people had a choice to block ips with a FW or to use host block . Everyone chose to use host block instead and IDM figured out by using hard coded IPS they could get thorgh host blocks . The only thing I seen change was IDM.

The hosts trick fails simply because it cannot possibly filter any IP - regardless of whether that IP is hard-coded or not.

That is change - history may or may not repeat itself (but, change is inevitable.)

I used the host block for many years off and on and it worked tell up tell around June of this year . But I had had trouble with it before as far back as 2010 or 2011 . It took them along time to kill it. Now were using the other way . IDM could just change there protection and defeat us if they want . and we would be back to ground zero.

Because we done used all our options up .

Now I can't download installer from frontpage since it's linked to site which is blocked by firewall method. No Joke :wtf:

Fixed that. Now hosted somewhere else.

I used the host block for many years off and on and it worked tell up tell around June of this year . But I had had trouble with it before as far back as 2010 or 2011 . It took them along time to kill it. Now were using the other way . IDM could just change there protection and defeat us if they want . and we would be back to ground zero.

Because we done used all our options up .

We have some beta-testers who are already working at alternatives - despite the fact that the firewall method has so far, been absolutely unaffected by any IDM release.

Point to be noted, also - we believe in keeping the firewall thread updated continuously (not just on IDM releases.) Moreover, our plan-of-action relies more on anticipation than on reassembling broken bits following a failed activation (we have yet to fail - looking forward with anticipation to our first failure, though.) F3h9xqz.gif

Now for the climax - the firewall thread is not a one-man-show which which would fizzle out say . . . . . . . . . . . . . . if the OP were to be forced out of action from let's imagine a motorcycle crash.

That thread is the cross-pollination of ideas & inspiration from different bright-heads who keep the show going - also, those folks happen to belong to this very fraternity (not some anonymous entity/entities behind the scenes.) 8N3udPP.gif

I'm afraid when IDM changes protection again really no known method will work anymore they not changed it since 2004 . They can change it were IDM will have to patched and re keyed by real reverse engineers . Other apps have already done it.

A good example of host block not working anymore was people blocking ads with host and they started using hard codded ips

Hosts file and DNS manipulation

Most operating systems, even those which are aware of the Domain Name System (DNS), still offer backwards compatibility with a locally-administered list of foreign hosts. This configuration, for historical reasons, is stored in a flat text file that by default contains very few hostnames and their associated IP addresses. Editing this hosts file is simple and effective because most DNS clients will read the local hosts file before querying a remote DNS server. Storing blackhole entries in the hosts file prevents the browser from accessing an ad server by manipulating the name resolution of the ad server to a local or nonexistent IP address (127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 are typically used for IPv4 addresses). While simple to implement, these methods are also very easy to circumvent. One method to circumvent this form of ad filtering is to load ads from servers with hard coded IP addresses, thus skipping name resolution altogether. Another method to evade this form of filtering is to load the advertisements from a server which also serves the main content; blocking name resolution of this server would also block the useful content of the site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_filtering

Activate once and get lifetime updates. No need to apply again. working fine on v6

obztGpc.png

A lifetime is a very long time, give me a break , a patch like this could easily be defeated by changing the serial routine . But IDM dont even have to do that all they have to do is blacklist the serial inside it .

It wont be hard for IDM to block it at all . The thing is IDM is very boring since 2004 there's always been something or another working . Even when patches got defeated in the past . There was a new patch out in no time but still blocking ips was working way back then . IDM is far behind on protection compared to most apps with server checks you use online.

Now I can't download installer from frontpage since it's linked to site which is blocked by firewall method. No Joke :wtf:

Just add the following entry to IDM - Option >> File types >> Don't start downloading automatically from the following sites:

*.internetdownloadmanager.com
btw this tip has also been mentioned in the first post of the firewall method :yes:

Have bumped this useful working tip, from PITA right up (almost to step # 4) of the tutorial. F3h9xqz.gif

In fact, found it so useful, that I even added a couple of illustration to this particular tip. tx38TOr.gif

Archived