Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs leaked

geeteam

Yesterday a Samsung executive revealed that the company was working on a smartphone built using “new materials.” The smartphone being referred to is likely to be Galaxy Alpha, which was expected to launch next week. Now however, the folks at AllAboutSamsung claim that the launch has been postponed to August 13, and have also leaked a set of specifications for the device.

samsung-galaxy-alpha.jpg

According to the publication, the Galaxy Alpha (codenamed SM-G850F) has been spotted on AnTuTu benchmarks. The smartphone is said to feature a 4.8-inch 720p display, an Exynos 5433 octa-core processor, Mali-T628 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Also set to be included 32GB internal storage, no microSD card slot, 12-megapixel rear camera, and 2-megapixel front-facing camera.The smartphone also features a fingerprint scanner and a heart rate monitor.

The publication further reveals that instead of August 4, Samsung has reportedly pushed the unveiling of the Galaxy Alpha to August 13.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cramsdeath

• geeteam

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! Looks promising - I'm guessing this will be their 'Cheap' alternative to the S5 and the new Note? No expandable storage I think is a mistake though.... Also, they could do with upping the RAM.

Finger Print scanner has always seemed like a bit of a gimmick to me - If somebody REALLY wanted to get into your phone that step of security wouldn't even be a flicker to consider.

It looks like the ACE 2 a bit (IMAGE) .

When it comes out I hope it's cheap! I'd be buying that straight away!