Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• dcs18

• masterupc

• rkkdjb

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcuk! 1e100.net is still there :angry:

Did You Try Blocking It From Hosts File, Might Be A Good Start :s

:think: Try blocking the following range of IPs using your Windows Firewall Control:--

74.125.0.1-74.125.255.254

Please note, the above range won't give you 100% relief - but, 1e100.net UDP calls should be reduced to a very negligible number of calls.

Fcuk! 1e100.net is still there :angry:

Did You Try Blocking It From Hosts File, Might Be A Good Start :s

You can't do that. 1e100.net is just a domain. There are thousands of sites related to this domain.

I was hoping for a domain blocking addon or something like that. I'm quite shocked not to have one such thing.

Not in my windows 7 but those two processes svhost.exe were found in my windows xp when i checked their properties these processes were from some ms service when i disabled them i was unable to connect to the internet

fPIoT4e.jpg

The Process is needed for Windows update too, but I also think that this process is widely used for Spying too, Once I noticed my ISP using it to up/down some data! from my PC

I will do everything you guys have suggested and will report back soon.

Please note, the above range won't give you 100% relief - but, 1e100.net UDP calls should be reduced to a very negligible number of calls.

I have created a block rule for firefox with the range of your IPs and set that for inbound connections. Is that okay?

How about blocking it in your modem/router/cablemodem/whatever your ISP gave to you to connect to the net?

And svchost.exe is a proxy for the application who's accessing the internet, so you should know which is... it's better to block it from requesting anything to svchost.exe than blocking a whole domain (if you can't do it with WFC).

I have created a block rule for firefox with the range of your IPs and set that for inbound connections. Is that okay?

Yep, there is a massive number of total IPs in that range.

If you don't have google chrome... have you some google related software installed in your PC?

That's the main culprit.

I understand that's not IPs. That's a range of IPs. But this isn't solving the problem either. May be the calls become less (don't know exactly though) but this thing is still eating my bandwidth.

If you don't have google chrome... have you some google related software installed in your PC?

That's the main culprit.

I do not have any Google product in my PC except for the google search toolbar in firefox.

I understand that's not IPs. That's a range of IPs. But this isn't solving the problem either. May be the calls become less (don't know exactly though) but this thing is still eating my bandwidth.

Do you even know how many IPs are in that range? :angry:

If all the UDP calls are blocked - surfing the net would draw to a crawl.

That's the main culprit.

I do not have any Google product in my PC except for the google search toolbar in firefox.

That's a related google product... :P

The domain you're trying to block is one of google's... so it's related to it's products

Edited by masterupc

So, the bottomline is - Fcuk you google for eating my bandwidth for nothing.

Finally there is some conclusion. The domain *.1e100.net is a google thing and it is necessary if you want to use any google products and run a website that interacts with google. There is nothing you can do about it.

But when the browser is idle, *.1e100.net keeps using your bandwidth (sometimes) which isn't good for slow and limited data users. Well the good news is you can do something about it.

Firefox users type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter twice

Then a list will be brought up with a search bar at the top. Type in safe

Some results will be sorted out depending on the keyword typed

Follow the screenshot below and change the value of each highlighted string to false

screenshot_1405320365.png

That's because you get your copy directly from heaven :rofl: Edited by rudrax

BTW, you just cannot mark the following false - you can leave them blank, if you like:--

• browser.safebrowsing.appRepURL
  • browser.safebrowsing.gethashURL
  • browser.safebrowsing.malware.reportURL
  • browser.safebrowsing.reportURL
  • browser.safebrowsing.updateURL

If you mark the above false - you could be introducing instability into your browser.

Yeah, those are not boolean strings that only has true and false. So far, no stability issue is encountered.

It has not worked for you because you created an incorrect rule - check out out the right one:--

7xUnT2i.png

Edited by dcs18