Network and connections related query

rudrax

• Below is the screenshot of WFC - inbound block rule. My question is, are they supposed to be there?

screenshot_1405230292.png

• And I want to block a domain. How and where to block it? Example domain - *.example.com

• Replies 55
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• dcs18

• masterupc

• rkkdjb

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Is Your Image/Screenshot Going Out Of The Frame ? :think:

Is It Just Me Or Everyone Else Also See It Bulging Out Of The Forum Space

jY57alp.png

Ok, I will backup them and try deleting those.

What about blocking a domain?

@PITA, that may be due to I composed that post in HTML format.

@dcs18, *.1e100.net like domain. The asterik part is na-in, sa-in etc. kind of things.

They are endless. I got all these from TCPview. They are eating my bandwidth and causing slowdown. If I can block whole the domain that it will be great.

You will have to do it the harder way (by entering the full host) since the domain name is not getting resolved into IPs. :(

@dcs18, *.1e100.net like domain. The asterik part is na-in, sa-in etc. kind of things.

Try harvesting the IPs by entering the full host (not just the domain) - one by one, at the following site:--

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp

This site provides IP to Location. What I want in my case is Location to IP so that I can put them in WFC block list.

Try harvesting the IPs by entering the full host (not just the domain) - one by one, at the following site:--

This site provides IP to Location. What I want in my case is Location to IP so that I can put them in WFC block list.

Not true, have personally generated all these IPs from the same link - check post # 12, too.

Not true, have personally generated all these IPs from the same link - check post # 12, too.

May be you can tell me how to do it there. And this won't help because sites of the domain 1e100.net are endless. So there gotta be something to block the whole domain.

As you can see in the shot below that I have found an addon that blocks sites. I used that but no use as the domain has countless sites. I added more than 10 sites. Yet pops up more than hundreds.

screenshot_1405243086.png

Edited by rudrax

Ah, yes - you are right about that.

May be you can tell me how to do it there. And this won't help because sites of the domain 1e100.net are endless. So there gotta be something to block the whole domain.

I am afraid - the only way is TeamViewer.

Not in my windows 7 but those two processes svhost.exe were found in my windows xp when i checked their properties these processes were from some ms service when i disabled them i was unable to connect to the internet

fPIoT4e.jpg

Did you try disabling the following two, in Firefox - under the Security menu:--

• Block reported attack sites
  • Block reported web forgeries

@ramiz0, you can't disable svchost.exe, this is out of rule. But somehow, if you can block that domain, you can save a lot of your bandwidth.

The specific domain doesn't show up untill you run your browser.

But I was able to disable them in xp not sure about windows 7

Reboot after you are done with the suggestion at post # 19.

Seems working till now. Hey send me your EHH export too.

Reboot after you are done with the suggestion at post # 19.

Seems working till now. Hey send me your EHH export too.

Fcuk! 1e100.net is still there :angry: