"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Not sure that IP is the culprit leading to the past failure - however, do try Trial license with a short expiry (anyways, you can always forward the system date for cross-verification sake.)

lol last time also the manual forwarding method was working.

now going to test it full and long way as the ones available on net or through TNOD maybe blacklisted.

so this time going all by the rules.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol last time also the manual forwarding method was working.

Let me explain my (untested) theory - why it was working (yet able to get deactivated.) 7HSB47o.gif

When one starts the system, ESET makes an update call even before the firewall component is able to startup with Windows - that is the crucial stage when an already registered and working ESET activation is rendered useless.

What my suggestion proposes to do is; to simply ensure that ESET is issued a command to not make that update call. pYm6dhy.gif

ya ya i m understanding ur viewpt. completely

now u try and understand my side... :D

what i meant was that if we r using retail license the license info is already downloaded(it shows the date of expiry on main window even before updating for the first time) into the product which might be the case its not working in retail licenses after their expiry date.

but if u remember the process i explained in PM, if i use the trial license(it only show activated and not 30 days until the update is completed or near to it) with that trick,i think we can prevent ESET from downloading license info into the system.

so what u say now ?

p.s.have done that procedure in one of my system and also applied ur suggestion as well...curiosity got me :P

The license details on ESET are merely cosmetic - that been said, I am just about to install the V8 beta (curiosity got the better of me, too.) :D

The license details on ESET are merely cosmetic - that been said, I am just about to install the V8 beta (curiosity got the better of me, too.) :D

ok i m testing with trial, wud prefer if u do a retail license test....

c ya 2moro :sleep:

@dcs18 tell me whenever u r here, have to discuss sumthing related to IDM and others(but not ESET, atleast for now)

can't discuss here as it may confuse others,so PM :yes:

ESET update: using trial + IP Block with update trick + ur tip

did a manual system date forwarding and it remains activated.....

also dont know why but even with that(ur tip) step done, ESET was updating so disabled the option above it also(automatic dial-up connection,although i m not on one)

now its ok....

Yeah, disabling the Automatic update after dial-up connection (also) is a good idea. :yes:

Edit:--

Planning to employ this precautionary step to the IDM tutorial, too. yXZVmpE.gif

Planning to employ this precautionary step to the IDM tutorial, too. yXZVmpE.gif

where is this option in IDM ?

where is this option in IDM ?

Shall be updating the IDM tutorial, shortly. tx38TOr.gif

Post # 1 and post # 2 updated with a provision for a more air-tight insurance to the IDM activation.

had already done that :P

but yeah its a nice share, one more reduced program at startup.

Inspirational credits (post # 1097) awarded to FR33W1LL. ^_^

Bro whats ur theme that looks gud

any special program or something?

i mean like any theme engine

pls elaborate

regards

Inspirational credits (post # 1097) awarded to FR33W1LL. ^_^

Bro whats ur theme that looks gud

any special program or something?

i mean like any theme engine

pls elaborate

regards

Ah yes, thanks kantry!!! tRsCXmU.gif

Using a hybrid customization of (WindowBlinds + Iconized Windows) - check out my tutorial ("Windows 8 More Beautiful Than Default Windows 7") for a glimpse into inconizing Windows.

Can I only ad the strings to hosts?

Can I only ad the strings to hosts?

The hosts is incapable of filtering IPs - any IP. Lately, IDM has been coded to call home for server-checks on activation via the latest breed of IPs starting from 184.x.x.x

You can use the (hosts + firewall) as a combination to filter (hostnames + IPs) respectively - your best bet however, would be to use just your firewall. tx38TOr.gif

So only the old 127.XXX can be filtered with hosts?

Ok, I started to ad strings to my FW...One after one...;)

thanx for the hard work...liked...!

also dont know why but even with that(ur tip) step done, ESET was updating so disabled the option above it also(automatic dial-up connection,although i m not on one)

now its ok....

Have duly replaced the screenshot on all of my posts - to reflect the new modified screenshot. yXZVmpE.gif

now its ok....

Why don't you compile a fresh new tutorial based on the original ESET tutorial (post # 560,) including the additional improvisation (post # 1102) that makes it successful (post # 1112.) zDLbIxl.gif

If you need any of my existing screenshots, just grab them (no need to ask) - want any new ones, just let me know.

Looking forward to publish your new guide at post # 2 (have removed references to the original ESET tutorial for the time being.)

Why don't you compile a fresh new tutorial based on the original ESET tutorial (post # 560,) including the additional improvisation (post # 1102) that makes it successful (post # 1112.) zDLbIxl.gif

If you need any of my existing screenshots, just grab them (no need to ask) - want any new ones, just let me know.

Looking forward to publish your new guide at post # 2 (have removed references to the original ESET tutorial for the time being.)

@dcs18 :hi:

would have loved to do so but the eset-installed laptop is not available yet(haven't been able to migrate to the latest version as well)

The one i have, already has KIS installed in it and its in testing phase, so don't wanna mess that also.

If u want u can copy the post#560 (or any of its content) and modify it accordingly (would not mind it).

or i will do so as and when the laptop is available to me.

@dcs18 :hi:

would have loved to do so but the eset-installed laptop is not available yet(haven't been able to migrate to the latest version as well)

The one i have, already has KIS installed in it and its in testing phase, so don't wanna mess that also.

If u want u can copy the post#560 (or any of its content) and modify it accordingly (would not mind it).

or i will do so as and when the laptop is available to me.

You don't need a laptop with ESET installed for the tutorial - just use copy-paste and concatenate those posts (you don't have to re-write anything new.)

You don't need a laptop with ESET installed for the tutorial - just use copy-paste and concatenate those posts (you don't have to re-write anything new.)

will screenshots remain same or there is anything new in GUI ?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived