"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

The screenshots indicate that your Simple DNSCrypt has been configured right.

Hence, all domains that you've set to be blocked shall be blocked. ;)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

The screenshots indicate that your Simple DNSCrypt has been configured right.

Hence, all domains that you've set to be blocked shall be blocked. ;)

Thank for quick response my dear. :wub:

Noob question, again should I worry Adobe will calling home to blacklist my activation as below host 

ADBblocked.png

Those entries on your hosts would serve their purpose — however, I'm not sure that list is complete (there seems to be a more comprehensive list out here.)

Personally, I'd reset the hosts file to default and instead, use those entries directly on Simple DNSCrypt, as per this example (for IDM) — it's faster and more effective (the hosts can be reset by certain apps. & programs.)

@sirri If I remember correctly you used to use AdGuard, is that no longer the case?

Because then you might want to block it through that, because it won't apply to the system as a whole and second it can block IPs too unlike hosts.

But this is all, if you're still using AdGuard ofc.

Another important point is that none of the Adobe products need internet access, in order to be functional — therefore, you can employ a firewall implementation of block all by default but allow internet access only for critically essential apps. & programs (this would automatically block Adobe and other such apps. & programs, by default.)

In case you prefer using your firewall in the conventional way, you could manually block all the Adobe executables in the Program Files and Program Files (x86) installation directories.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Those entries on your hosts would serve their purpose — however, I'm not sure that list is complete (there seems to be a more comprehensive list out here.)

Personally, I'd reset the hosts file to default and instead, use those entries directly on Simple DNSCrypt, as per this example (for IDM) — it's faster and more effective (the hosts can be reset by certain apps. & programs.)

Reddit blocked here my dear :rolleyes: but its ok, using VPN by now.

I did. Already entry these entries into Simple DNSCrypt since found DNS change to 127.0.0.1 just in case Adobe deactivate.

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

@sirri If I remember correctly you used to use AdGuard, is that no longer the case?

Because then you might want to block it through that, because it won't apply to the system as a whole and second it can block IPs too unlike hosts.

But this is all, if you're still using AdGuard ofc.

Yes dear Taker. But my license expired and same time Simple DNSCrypt release ver 0.4.9 so I switched and try till now.

Ranking vis-à-vis Access:—

(0 post to 9 posts) = New Member
(10 posts to 749 posts) = Member (with access to profile-editing)
(750 posts to 1,999 posts) = ViP (with access to hidden forums and also the ability to use the source tags)
(2,000 posts) = Veteran (with access to hidden forums and also the ability to use the source tags)

Mr. Dukun Cabul,  You help many people here.  For such people, you are Big Helper.  Help and Happy, Together. Always.

Here is no important.  You @ your help much important.  You are very good man.  Everywhere.

Magisk is now 16.2 Beta:
[BETA] Magisk v16.2 (code: 1620) [2018.3.18]

Changelog :
Magisk :
[BETA]v16.2
- [General] Force use system binaries in handling ext4 images (fix module installation on Android P)
- [MagiskHide] Change property state to disable if logd is disabled

Magisk Manager :
v5.6.3
- Fix repo loading UI logic

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v16.2

Guys,

Do you have some garlic ?
Looks like this topic is being haunted.....:P

On 3/7/2018 at 12:47 AM, dcs18 said:
On 3/6/2018 at 9:46 PM, Undertaker said:
On 3/6/2018 at 9:44 PM, Undertaker said:

@dcs18 Can you give me two screenshots of the result from following commands:

nslookup google.com

ipconfig /all

Make sure your dnscrypt is enabled and working. The first one may require you to provide additional net connectivity. w.r.t the second one, just show the adapter for which you have enabled dnscrypt and you can hide all other details - just show the 'dns server' entries in that command.

gGIuIJr.png

w52xC87.png

What exactly were you fishing for? yXZVmpE.gif

Sorry that I have destroyed you topic @dcs18

It was only my fault !...Looks like some serious questions bothered some people....!

Nah, you know, bad apples........

Nah, nah . . . . . . it wasn't your fault — when their incapability and hypocrisy is exposed the only thing that you can expect is for the topic/s to be closed. :angry:

Dukun Cabul
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, jiski said:

You help many people here. 

I appreciated your thoughtfulness.
BTW almost all members here are nice people and very helpful.

Just make sure the one you ask for help is not an empty-barrel. Simply read their comments on this forum then you'll know it.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:19 PM, dcs18 said:

What exactly were you fishing for? yXZVmpE.gif

I had IPv6 enabled as well and for me it was showing ::1 as the sole DNS server with no mention of 127.0.0.1. It was only after I disabled IPv6 that it showed 127.0.0.1 as DNS server. Was just testing this, so if you have both enabled it shows ::1.

But I uninstalled it now.

The AdGuard nightly setups donot come with pre-downloaded filter lists(except the language-specific ones).

This has resulted in not only the setup executable(some 21 MB) to be trimmed but also the backup file is now small in size (only 7MB).

dcs, could you list your filter rules for youtube? Global as well as site-specific, I'm curious.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived