The IDMan Activator itself will do all the work
Open IDM

http://goo.gl/e1j0pI

http://goo.gl/o2ouH1

• Replies 151
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is way to much emphasis put on cracking this buggy software no one is much interested in cracking a software that can be patched in host for as long as I can remember. I've been using host files trick and it always works for me no matter how many times IDM defeats a patch . I'm more concerned with all the bugs it has, like the bug that made me stay with the same build in widows 7 for years because all newer builds would freeze up on my system . Long as you keep updating xpi old builds remain functional. Now on windows 8.1 me and others have a new bug were IDM lags when starting a download . Maybe its time for me to switch to something free.

On which build you stay ? i'm having the same issue on some downloads. maybe it's time to try eagleget

FDM is now open source while eagleget has became closed source now . I'm hoping this new build of IDM fixed it on the home page it says Internet Download Manager v6.20. Added Windows 8.1 compatibility.When the bug started in windows 8.1 is when I updated to windows 8.1.1 but also everywhere updated OpenSSL around the same time frame as Windows updated. So its one or the other that caused it. But on Windows 7 I used Internet Download Manager 6.05 Build 11 up tell I bought a new machine with windows 8. Now I update every build again .

I'm on windows 8.1 too, having that hang/freezing issue too, i send a ticket some days ago, waiting for an log overview.

stylemessiah

Sadly the hosts only method failed today, i got a fake serial popup when starting the previous version....hadnt even gotten around to trying to install the latest.

when i clean installed the latest it still gave me the fake serial....so i had to go back to using the fixed .exe file

Bit of a backwards step......

What's pathetic is that we are up to version 6.20 now and we still can't use it with youtube. I haven't gotten an IDM popup asking me if I want to download a vid from youtube in what must be a year and IDM still won't update their software to let us do that. WTF?

What's pathetic is that we are up to version 6.20 now and we still can't use it with youtube. I haven't gotten an IDM popup asking me if I want to download a vid from youtube in what must be a year and IDM still won't update their software to let us do that. WTF?

I

Works fine here using flash Screen shot http://www.anonymz.com/?http://s11.postimg.org/t11d9sqfl/Snap6.png

I most the time just use vlc plugin with vlc tube user script it gives me a download button . :)

stylemessiah

Dont worry it stopped working for me too, unexpectedly a while back, my theory is something to do with Firefox Nightly

Now i just use the 1 Click Youtube Video downloader addon for Firefox...download button right there under video on the page...

Hi, IDM TOOLKIT

You use only this.

idmtoolkit109.png

Ouvc4VR.png

http://www.mediafire.com/

/download/0ifavbfy5iaa7x2/IDM+Toolkit.exe.config

If necessary,Uninstall and re install

wiki

downloaded file is a (.CONFIG) file what to do with this file ?

Host method all the way. Clean and keep IDMan.exe original sig. Works flawlessly here.

stylemessiah

Sadly the hosts only method failed today

I got entries from here, works well so far

Host method all the way. Clean and keep IDMan.exe original sig. Works flawlessly here.

Okay, im not "imagining" the host file method suddenly not working.

I literally woke up today and ran IDM and boom there was the fake serial error. I was using the same version ive had working for months and hadnt upgraded in months....so this has nothing to do with the current version, its about an older version that had worked fine for many months suddenly not working

I had the hosts method in place for well over a year

Im not a newbie

Please stop posting "works here" when at least 2 people have told you it isnt working for them when it worked previously, its obviously being circumvented somehow by the software....its a fact

You posting "working here" doesnt help.....

stylemessiah

Works fine here ( host method ) :troll:

Hosts method is rocking - over here, too (actually, has always been.) :rockon:

So by both your replies, after i posted supporting another member who has seen the hosts file method suddenly stop working (and asked people not to just post continuous "working here" replies which do nothing to assist anyone), it seems trolling really has caught on to people who really should know better around here......

This place is REALLY going downhill

@stylemessiah,

No need angry or looks like desperate. I believe its something wrong at your end or need clean out previous patch that could be used.

Just try this :

If fake serial message appears > TURN OFF NET > register with working serial > click cancel > re open IDM > you are done. Message will disappear. I am not sure if this method will stay. At least, it also happened to me once. Till now, no more message with host method.

in addition, block IDMgrhelp.exe with firewall

good luck

So by both your replies, after i posted supporting another member who has seen the hosts file method suddenly stop working......

This place is REALLY going downhill

@stylemessiah, don't be so disheartened, if the host method isn't working for you........you are not alone. It's also not working for me too. You can seek help from the people here, they will definitely help you. The other day, @dcs18 has offered me help to get it working. You just need to have a TeamViewer on your PC / laptop to get a remote help (should you choose to get one) and somebody will definitely help you out. I am going to install TeamViewer soon to get it work with dcs18.

If patched is the same as edited in your dictionary - then, all the best to your vocabulary. :dunno:

My screenshot is an evidence that my technique works.

Wonderful - who claimed your technique did not work? We are extremely happy for you. :clap:

Did anybody invite or request you to teach those age-old, sodden *tricks* which you so sincerely believe are new?

BTW, you were the one who approached me with your free and unsolicited advice at post # 28.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." –Mark Twain *

Note: Prohibited offensive language.*

It is not allowed foul language, or face discussions or writing offensive phrases, controversy, defamatory, against any party member of the forum.The staff / Adm / Mod to that effect, reserves any necessary action. The activity of moderation relies on the rules set out in paragraphs. Community Guidelines

For those who are interested, my preliminary investigation suggests that blocking the IDMgrhelp.exe with a firewall doesn't do much good. The nag screen is triggered by that spyware executable. I know I said that blocking it with a firewall is a possible solution that I haven't tested myself, but I tested it yesterday, and I got nagged. Well, it only happened to me one time, 5 seconds after I blocked it with a firewall. It can be due to a number of things, one is maybe it already performed a server check before I blocked it, or something else. I haven't had time to fully test the blocked IDMgrhelp.exe yet. This was not a conclusive test and it wasn't performed in a controlled environment. I will try to do more test, maybe analyze it as well as the other IDM components when I get a chance. But one thing is still for certain, the IDMgrhelp.exe is the process that triggers the fake serial nag.

in addition, block IDMgrhelp.exe with firewall

good luck

There is a possibility why my IDM method survives with the hosts method - in my system, IDMGrHlp.exe has always been configured as blocked by my security system. :think:

I could be wrong about this observation. :dunno:

But one thing is still for certain, the IDMgrhelp.exe is the process that triggers the fake serial nag.

where did you get this conclusion ?

Do analyze > test as much as you do and report back here. We are happy to know.

Archived