uTorrent Makes Advertisement Unremovable in Latest Release

shamu726

Yes...The plus sidebar banner user option was taken away starting with the 3.4.2 beta, stable builds.

• Replies 40
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iih1

• dcs18

• Beasly

• CODYQX4

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

How much time will it take for a certain type of people to prove that uTorrent is earning money from file sharing or piracy as they call it.

This is wrong not only for uTorrent, but for the whole torrent network.

Oh dear even old U-Torrent is turning into a money grabber

Ive downgraded to v.3.3.2 (and used the old turn off ad tricks and it works fine) as the 3.4 series was a bloody nightmare especially on Torrent Leech-it wouldn't execute any torrents!

On the basis of all comment here re the latest version (3.4.2.) I think I will be sticking with 3.3.2. for a while

Greetings to all

Oh dear even old U-Torrent is turning into a money grabber

Ive downgraded to v.3.3.2 (and used the old turn off ad tricks and it works fine) as the 3.4 series was a bloody nightmare especially on Torrent Leech-it wouldn't execute any torrents!

On the basis of all comment here re the latest version (3.4.2.) I think I will be sticking with 3.3.2. for a while

Greetings to all

As i said few posts above, I'm on build 3.4.2 (build 31515), which is the most latest version and have no advertising displayed. I am not getting how you people still getting ads if you disable sidebar and bundles along with offers.

I still use 2.2.1. It works perfect. This version download and upload torrent with max speed so... why I need 3.x? I do not need :) People. Just use 2.2.1 or other good program like qBitorrent.

qBittorrent FTW.

Edited by Nautilus

• 3 weeks later...

uTorrent Plus 3.4.2 build 31893 Stable healed and other modifications - read below

Not my work.

Tested and working.

Other modifications:

-DHT patched to allow DHT usage on torrents disallowing it, also peer exchange and local peer discovery

-Ability to manually re-announce to trackers independent of the usual hardcoded minimum time timer

-Advertising modules stripped out of the binary completely

-Modified so that when a 0-byte Settings.dat file is present in the folder with the binary, it will execute in a portable mode that isnt in the unmodified client

https://www.mediafire.com/?qoijmh3qp0u3ob5

Password: nsane

Misc notes:

Obviously, as the binary is modified, it will say either invalid digital signature or nonexistent. The author of this medicine [the binary is already modified] decided to repack it into UPX or some such as well.

You can overwrite an existing utorrent.exe to use as well, you DONT need to use all the misc files in the archive such as the .dat file or btskin file, just overwrite an existing utorrent.exe and launch and it'll use existing settings fine.

Edited by IDAProFTW

Stable Build 3.4.2 32080
gui.show_plus_upsell in the advanced settings is now back

Version 3.4.2 (build 32080) Stable
- Fixed: Labels tree nodes
- Fixed: Fix bundle bundler does not go to torrent pane by default
- Fixed: Fix client does not go to torrent pane if no internet access during the install time.
- Fixed: Re-worked RSS internals
- Fixed: Windows Security Zone problem with newly installed binary, to suppress the "do you want to run this file?" dialog.
- Fixed: handling of running already-installed version during upgrade or downgrade install
- Fixed: a number of issues on XP install
- Fixed: display issues with version and product name in Registry
- Fixed: Potential crash when failing to load an RSS feed item
- Added: Ad's Label to the FW Ads
- Added: notification and confirmation for downgrade install

Utorrent 3.4.2 build 32080 Stable

I hope also remove utorrent Plus upgrade Offers...if so..it's very good..

knowledge-Spammer

I hope also remove utorrent Plus upgrade Offers...if so..it's very good..

it do i think but keep a eye out for bata updates i just got one and it removed my plus on utorrent

I still use version 2.0.4, works fine... ^_^

stick with it only az all these new versions r crap