Android 4.4.3 Factory Images and Driver Binaries Finally Here for the Nexus 4, 5, 7 2012/2013, and 10 [Update]

Technology

Technology

Android 4.4.3 Released

2cnyqlv.jpg

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 444MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait.

Update:

New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.

Download Link

Source

Edited by Technology

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• implague

• Technology

Top Posters In This Topic

thats gr8 news

i have a question my Nexus 5 is rooted can I receive this update over the air(OTA)?

Technology

thats gr8 news

i have a question my Nexus 5 is rooted can I receive this update over the air(OTA)?

Dude, I told you before Rooting the device doesn't interfere with OTA from Google. The only things that interfere is Custom Rom and Custom Kernel or even Modifying the manifest file but many people don't mess with manifest file especially in stock rom.

You can stay rooted with SuperSU pro version by enabling survival mode. But, I will recommend do a clean factory image, it always cleansup the mess we make in the system files. You can still have TWRP custom recovery installed by flashing the stock recovery.img. TWRP automatically will see that the device is rooted or not, if not it will do it for you when you are done flash the factory image.

Please make backup of your data through titanium backup. You can move your backups to your computer once the backup is done. And move back to your device.

Edited by Technology

@Technology I recived the OTA update but it failed to install.I am on rooted custom recovery with Xposed installed

infact i tried to instal OTA zip thru recovery still it failed and shows an error 701