Daum PotPlayer 1.6.47450

anuraag

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum. Supports almost every available video formats out there. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include Webcam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting. PotPlayer is a network of Daum's players have their own independent copyright, not by the original Mr. Jiang Longxi, KMPlayer by the original author of the independent development of the follow-up. Current (1428 or later) KMPlayer by the team responsible for the collective Pandora.TV Because the development of the same developers PotPlayer into the natural KMPlayer part of the essence.

Thanks to sternog for the update.

Download

• Replies 26
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steven36

• Matsuda

• jvidal

• liverpal

Top Posters In This Topic

mancode20

First time poster here. I am having a serious problem with the latest 1.6.47450 32 bit version that was just released. None of my .mkv files have audio. I cannot hear a thing. I clicked on the tab key to see what audio codec it was using, and it said something new that I never saw before. It said: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder. It used to say: Audio Codec-Built-in Audio Codec/Transform(Built-in FFmpeg Decoder(ac3) This is obviously something new with 1.6 because I have never had this issue before. How do I fix it besides going back to the older version? I am not liking this 1.6 version so far, because even though I saved my settings to a .reg file, my albums are gone since installing the new version. I did uninstall the older 1.5 version first, but I thought double clicking the .reg file would bring back my old settings, albums, and even my skin. It didn't. Please tell me how to get my sound back. Yes, it only happens on .mkv files. Thanks!

@mancode20 Reinstall 1.5, import your registry settings, then update to 1.6 without uninstalling 1.5 first. If you don't want to do that then there must be something in the audio settings that is set incorrectly.

The what i see is that version from DVB Support works better than the version from daum.net.

DVB version is a bit more optimized, less use of memory and 0 to 2% percent of use of the CPU when playing HD movies.

Edited by Matsuda

The what i see is that version from DVB Support works better than the version from daum.net.

DVB version is a bit more optimized, less use of memory and 0 to 2% percent of use of the CPU when playing HD movies.

There's no difference in the versions from DVB Support than the versions from Daum expect Daum version is the official build .. The only reason DVB Support was doing it was because it use to not be in English . But now Daum has added English support there's really no reason to download DVB Support versions anymore . Daum is getting it right from the horses mouth . Its all made by the same developer that use to make KMPlayer before he sold it to Pandora.

Daum beta versions update alot more than DVB Support does though last week there were 5 updates this week there was 1 now theres a stable lol. If you do beta updates you want to use the x86 version it works fine for me on x64 ive never used there x64 version .

The DVB Support stable version installers were doggy always when i used them i use to lose my settings , but with Daum official build installers i dont lose settings witch is much better.

For me i have been using versions from Daum that were English since the middle of April when they 1st added English in there betas..this is why i always use there betas i get all the new features way before the stable.. they always are adding new stuff all the time.

Edited by steven36

how to configure this player for best audio and video performance

Its according to what you use it for. I dont have 3D so the best setting for me is Bulit in Self DXVA Decoder. If your watching 3D you want to set it for Self DXVA Decoder 3D . It plays everything thing for me the way it is but Bulit in Self DXVA Decoder lets me use all the other video settings when I need them.

But I miss the ''Full Size'' option in window size.... too bad for me in which I always used full size to watch any video : :o

so, what's the deal with this dvbsupport versions???

They are unofficial, who knows what crap they might have bundled...

Also, what's the difference with thew official version??

Edited by jvidal

Please tell me how to get my sound back. Yes, it only happens on .mkv files. Thanks!

The developer over at Daum says today that From now on, you must install OpenCodec..

Otherwise PotPlayer can't decode AAC/AAC LATM/AC3/EAC3/TrueHD/MLP/DTS...

When I done the last beta update before this stable it ask me did I want to install the codec I just said yes .

Edited by steven36

There is no crap bundled, this is the version the what nsane has used by years. for me this works better than from daum.net

There is no crap bundled, this is the version the what nsane has used by years. for me this works better than from daum.net

How does it work better ? the installer is not signed so avast has to deepscan it and for years every time I install a stable from dvbsupport it messed up my settings Ive used Pot before It ever was posted at nsane instead of assuming its different why you just dont email them and ask whats different ?

[email protected]

Changelog at dvbsupport says its the very samething as what is posted at daum

http://www.anonymz.com/?http://dvbsupport.net/info/potplayer.html

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for all the years that dvbsupport done English localization for it but they dont make it ,WANEZHILING over at daum.net makes it .

I dont see no difference in the 2 versions other they they have doggy installers from dvbsupport .

Edited by steven36

How does it work better ? the installer is not signed so avast has to deepscan it and for years every time I install a stable from dvbsupport it messed up my settings Ive used Pot before It ever was posted at nsane instead of assuming its different why you just dont email them and ask whats different ?

[email protected]

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for all the years that dvbsupport done English localization for it but they dont make it ,WANEZHILING over at daum.net makes it .

I dont see no difference in the 2 versions other they they have doggy installers from dvbsupport .

Look:

sshot_1.png

sshot_2.png

I know both are from the same developer but the version from DVB Spport has some thing that makes the software working better. As i have said before the difference what i see is on "performance"

[email protected]

Look:

sshot_1.png

sshot_2.png

I know both are from the same developer but the version from DVB Spport has some thing that makes the software working better. As i have said before the difference what i see is on "performance"

I just tested them both on a clean install the difference is this the version from daum requires you to install codec online now if clean install.

The version from DVB Spport still has the built in codecs in the installer but still there installers are doggy and dont support the latest Direct X in windows 8.1.1 so I have go in settings to fix it were it will change AR it always messes up your settings .

Edit: Also The version from DVB Support have the old settings that were in Pot seems in the offical version on clean install they been removed . This may be what it is the settings are different , they dont seem to be the same even different branches of players .

The reason that you are using less CPU is because your using the setting Built in DXVA Encoder , witch the developer removed in the official build because some of the new settings dont work using it , like resize for example , In order to get all settings to work it must be set to Built in Self DXVA Encoder , I'm sorry but if you want everything to work it will use more CPU

Edit: #2 the setting to use less cpu is in the official build still its just hidden

you just go to preferences/ Filter control /video decoder/ built in-codec/ DXVA settings and set it to use DXVA and it will use less cpu.... And if you want to use DXVA and all your settings to work you tick DXVA 2 box as well for visa and newer .

Edited by steven36

nasernori

First time poster here. I am having a serious problem with the latest 1.6.47450 32 bit version that was just released. None of my .mkv files have audio. I cannot hear a thing. I clicked on the tab key to see what audio codec it was using, and it said something new that I never saw before. It said: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder. It used to say: Audio Codec-Built-in Audio Codec/Transform(Built-in FFmpeg Decoder(ac3) This is obviously something new with 1.6 because I have never had this issue before. How do I fix it besides going back to the older version? I am not liking this 1.6 version so far, because even though I saved my settings to a .reg file, my albums are gone since installing the new version. I did uninstall the older 1.5 version first, but I thought double clicking the .reg file would bring back my old settings, albums, and even my skin. It didn't. Please tell me how to get my sound back. Yes, it only happens on .mkv files. Thanks!

Just copy "FFmpegMininum.dll" from old potplayer to this path "C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module\FFmpeg\"

oliverjia

I haven't used PotPlayer for a while now, since MPC-HC works great on all my computers. I always wonder, what would be the incentive for the Daum developers to release this free media player, as Potplayer is not open source either? Is there some information harvesting process involved?

I wouldn't say that the higher CPU usage from the official build is accurate. I just tested two different 1080p mkv's and they were both at 0% with the official build from daum.net.

I haven't used PotPlayer for a while now, since MPC-HC works great on all my computers. I always wonder, what would be the incentive for the Daum developers to release this free media player, as Potplayer is not open source either? Is there some information harvesting process involved?

What i read the reason its not open source is they distributed the GPL version of ffmpeg (instead of the LGPL one), hence the PotPlayer must released under the GPL. If they don't want to release the PotPlayer under the GPL, they must use the LGPL version of ffmpeg (and package it for the public) They never complied with this so there thread got shut down at doom9 that's one of downsides for pot theres not been really no English support for in lit like 2 years.

And answer to your question yes there is ..

Article 5 (Collection and Use of Data and Other Information)

1. (1) Daum may collect and use data from the computer of Users as a part of its product support services that are provided to Users in connection with the Software. Data that may be collected solely include the type of computer and type of operating system used on the computer, memory capacity, type of graphic card, Directx version, media player version, type of webcam and TV reception card.
  2. (2) Daum will use the above collected data only for the purpose of improving the Software or providing service or technology that is suitable to the user environment of the User and will not use such data for any other purposes

Source: http://www.anonymz.com/?http://potplayer.daum.net/publicRelation

Edited by steven36