Use Andy, (an Android emulator) to run Android apps on your PC [Guide]

geeteam

Unlike BlueStacks, Youwave & Others which merely runs Android apps, this free utility gives you a fully operable Android experience on a Windows or Mac system, and can even sync with your existing Android device.

Here's how to get started:

Step one:

Download and install Andy. Start it, You'll need to approve a Windows firewall request the first time you run it.

Step two:

After about a minute of "booting," you should see an Android Welcome screen, same as if you'd just booted a new tablet. (Andy currently runs Android 4.2, aka Jelly Bean.) Use your mouse to click Start (unless your system has a touchscreen, in which case you can tap!).

Step three:

Sign into your Google account (if you have one), then complete the rest of the setup screens -- again, same as you would on a tablet. You'll also be asked to supply your Google account info for 1ClickSync, the app that lets you sync between Andy and your Android device.

Step four:

Now you should be looking at an Android home screen.

You can rotate between portrait and landscape orientations by clicking the corresponding buttons at the bottom of the Andy window. Likewise, there's a Fullscreen button that acts as a toggle between fullscreen and window modes. You'll also see Back, Home, and Menu buttons, which can be helpful if you encounter an app that somehow obscures those buttons within Android proper.

And that's it! Now you can knock around Android, visit the Play Store, install and run apps, and so on. However, Andy offers a few other features you might want to try.

Source : CNET

Homepage : andyroid.net

Image Credits: @InnoCentGee

• Replies 18
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rok

• geeteam

• sujith

• truemate

Image Credits: @InnoCentGee

you forgot to add the image :P

yes, sorry about that... Will upload soon

I installed Andy, it loads the interface, but that's all, nothing else comes on screen.

mmmh! sounds wired. try again

I installed Andy, it loads the interface, but that's all, nothing else comes on screen.

Never mind, rebooted VM, restarted Andy. Now setting it up. Live wallpaper is not responding at the moment.

Never mind, rebooted VM, restarted Andy. Now setting it up. Live wallpaper is not responding at the moment.

relax as its gets it stability with time.

Does anyone know, how to install non-google play store apps on Andy? Couldn't find the location to copy the apps for installation.

Does it come with Malware confirm? (Russian social network?)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm using Win 8.1 update 1 x64 Enterprise.

I see only black blank screen, even after i exit and restarted VM.

The Same for me, it made CPU load 100% so Uninstalled it

Well, i had installed this, it runs though it doesn't allow installing third party apps. So, uninstalled it and is now satisfactorily working on Genymotion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using windows 8.1 update 1

I installed it and boot it results unresponsive.

Go for Genymotion, available here on nsane or install x86 Android on a VM.