Here are all apps and services the Samsung Galaxy S5 gets for free

geeteam

Samsung is preloading lots of value-adding apps and services on its latest top-tier devices. First we saw those premium software packages on the latest Tab Pro and Note Pro slates and now the Galaxy S5 is getting an even better treatment.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The apps and services every brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 is entitled to cost north of $600, but of course, chances are you wouldn’t have purchased them all anyway so it’s up to to judge how much they are worth to you.
So, Samsung is giving for free 1TB of Bitcasa storage for 3 months, 1 year Bloomberg Businessweek + subscription, 50GB of Box storage for 6 months, 50GB of Dropbox storage for 2 years, Evernote premium services for 3 months, LinkedIn Premium for 3 months, Skimble premium fitness services for 6 months, RunKeeper premium service for 1 year, Wall Street Journal subscription for 6 months, and even more.
You can check the full list of apps, services and subscriptions plus detailed explanations on the official Galaxy S5 website, Galaxy Gifts section.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• jtmulc

• AlexCross

• Nastrahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, shity gifts i'd say, why to get 3 months of cloud storage, If after that you can't use it.

The single good service that Samsung gives, it's Milk Music, or how it is called, but that's shity too, since they didn't make it available for all their clients, only for the US clients.

Edited by AlexCross

Well, shity gifts i'd say, why to get 3 months of cloud storage, If after that you can't use it.

The single good service that Samsung gives, it's Milk Music, or how it is called, but that's shity too, since they didn't make it available for all their clients, only for the US clients.

yeah AlexCross, Thats not a good idea from Scamsung, but the choice is in your hands, you choose to get it or not. You can also get the device without using those services. basically you can remove them using 3rd party apps.

It's bloatware, just like what you see on store bought PCs.

I choose to buy a Samsung (a Note 2) because only them could provide all of that :

• A SDcard slot
  • No on-screen buttons (no waste on screen space)
  • A better panel than the S3 (not pentile and full RGB)
  • A very huge battery
  • Better specs overall
  • A pen (not mandatory but neat).
  • I like a big screen to type and surf on the Internet

I don't really care about the value-adding apps that are only usable for a limited time, and since I can add a SDcard space is not an issue. Rooted, I can get rid of the apps that runs on startup, so it's all good.

I won't mind buying at an other brand but they have to fulfill the gap first.

Edited by Nastrahl