Thanks Posts

shought

• Administrator

There seems to be a distinct lack of meaningful posts in this topic - just the same as the "thanks" type of posts that we are trying to get away from (these cause alot of uneeded "clutter" amongst other things).

I tried to thank everybody... I Failed. quota reached... :(

Ill try again tomorrow.

• Administrator

There seems to be a distinct lack of meaningful posts in this topic - just the same as the "thanks" type of posts that we are trying to get away from (these cause alot of uneeded "clutter" amongst other things).

I agree, but also wanted to add something (hopefully meaningful). With the like/thanks now combined IMO it can cause some confusion. For instance this is whst happened to me, let me explain-=-

I asked a moderator a question in a thread (not PM). I really wasnt expecting an answer back (my question was a bit rhetorical) but I did get an answer. I disagreed with the answer given but I was pleased that he/her took time to answer me in a very literate and respectful mannor. Although I disagreed with his/her response, that doesnt mean he/her was wrong (or me for that matter). I hit the like/thank button for him/her out of respect and the appreciation of him/her spending the time to reply. In my mind I was thanking him/her. In their mind I was liking (agreeing) with them. There is a big difference! OK I am done now, thank you for reading this.

Thanks for the feedback.

We did trial having both a thanks and a like button, but that was even more confusing. I do believe a single feature is the way to go - to try and minimize confusion. I do however appreciate its not perfect, but it is a considerable improvement on the past and having two different systems. We aren't stopping forum posts, so in the case it is felt more information is required - do as such.

I tried to thank everybody... I Failed. quota reached... :(

Ill try again tomorrow.

We have a limit to stop abuse, its actually on the high side anyway at the moment. You can't be thankful for everything remember ;) . Maybe its an idea to restrict this to just the "best"?

"Thank/like" button doesn't realy matter in the fact that what linguistic meaning it carries, IMO.

This is just a button that gives you points (numbers of appreciation) for your post/comment/help.

I agree, but also wanted to add something (hopefully meaningful). With the like/thanks now combined IMO it can cause some confusion. For instance this is whst happened to me, let me explain-=-

I asked a moderator a question in a thread (not PM). I really wasnt expecting an answer back (my question was a bit rhetorical) but I did get an answer. I disagreed with the answer given but I was pleased that he/her took time to answer me in a very literate and respectful mannor. Although I disagreed with his/her response, that doesnt mean he/her was wrong (or me for that matter). I hit the like/thank button for him/her out of respect and the appreciation of him/her spending the time to reply. In my mind I was thanking him/her. In their mind I was liking (agreeing) with them. There is a big difference! OK I am done now, thank you for reading this.

See, in this circumstance had I been you I would have added a personal thanks....There's a difference between saying thanks and validating why your are 'thanking\liking' as opposed to the serial 'thanks' that a number of members had been guilty of...Its more than enough to press the thank\like button if all you want to do is say no more than thanks.

What about a Thanks button on the main page as well? I mean, near the contents at http://www.nsanedown.com/. That way we could thank without having to go specifically to the forums most of the times. Just an idea...

without opening a thread/topic,how can you simply say "thanks".i cant understand ur idea behind it :P

may be u come up with your explanation B)

Those who make meaningless posts need to be banned, without mercy.

Hombre ...exaggerated. This and New member! You can 'and you have to tolerate. :)

thanks *

Warning!

We kindly ask you to avoid making such thanks posts as they add little to the topic and are of no value.

Quoting the Community Guidelines

* The use of the 'Like / Thanks' button is preferred over simply posting 'Thanks' or something similar. Making an excessive amount of posts which add little to nothing to a topic might result in a post count reduction.

Further excessive amount of such posts will attract an action mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...