Thanks Posts

shought

AlienForce1

So many members were saying thanks just to boost their post count up and become VIP or whatever. There would be a whole page of threads with the same person showing as the last poster. You know full well they aren't using all the software in the posts. Like 4 thanks for different AV's :rolleyes:

I would love to see all those post counts reduced and the members named and shamed :lol: Would be pretty funny. :D

Thanks shought.

You read my mind . :yes:

NeowinMOD™

I admit that this Like/Thanks feature might cause some problems also, at least for those members who's clicking that button just for fun and not for gratitude and commitment.

I do wish that members here clicks Like/Thanks button only when it's necessary and recommended.

I admit that this Like/Thanks feature might cause some problems also, at least for those members who's clicking that button just for fun and not for gratitude and commitment.

I do wish that members here clicks Like/Thanks button only when it's necessary and recommended.

If you had been a Mod, your experience would tell you that you cannot stop the trolling. :troll:

Edited by nanana1

NeowinMOD™

I've been a Moderator for years, but it's always worth to try though isn't it. This topic goes a bit out of topic.

At last!....Quality, not quantity posts :)

agreed. Some just increasing their number of post with "thank..." to reach new limit and get new status such VIP > VETERAN > Mod....or even Admin :D

if one does not like these new "rules" does that mean they'll get an automatic ban? i don't think its a good idea because you have alot of members who don't get on nsane everyday. who may not even know this new implementation exists, it is a good way to keep it clean

Edited by Win7nerd

They should unless they are dumb & stupid and don't know how to read

We only ban members for very serious infractions on the first offense. In all other situations we'll send a PM explaining the issue first. Which might include an official warning.

At last!....Quality, not quantity posts :)

agreed. Some just increasing their number of post with "thank..." to reach new limit and get new status such VIP > VETERAN > Mod....or even Admin :D

Admin ? :huh: :huh: :huh: i will start hitting the Fo#@$ button :D :D :D (kidding)

davendranath

I find this forum excellent and full of interesting materials for all users .However my suggestion and request is that only relevant material should be posted and in order to encourage members to post more and more material like/thanks button is essential to boost up the moral. Appreciation is must !

What about a Thanks button on the main page as well? I mean, near the contents at http://www.nsanedown.com/. That way we could thank without having to go specifically to the forums most of the times. Just an idea...

Agree, if we have post a comment, but no like/thanks button in nsanedown subpages, the situation won't get much better soon. The faster option is always good thing. So like/thanks near post comment is a good idea.

NeowinMOD™

What about a Thanks button on the main page as well? I mean, near the contents at http://www.nsanedown.com/. That way we could thank without having to go specifically to the forums most of the times. Just an idea...

Agree, if we have post a comment, but no like/thanks button in nsanedown subpages, the situation won't get much better soon. The faster option is always good thing. So like/thanks near post comment is a good idea.

Or maybe a checkbox feature, I mean when you type a reply and before you hit Post you check Like/Thanks checkbox, so you could reply and Like/Thank at the same time. I admit that this it hard to configure feature because you have to define which post you like to Like/Thank. It needs some great HTML coding for sure.

Okay tHANKS for informing us, :) but what is the difference between tHANKS and LIKE; Personally for me, i think it should be either THANKS only or LIKE only. but not the 2 because they all sound the same way. This shouldn't create a confusion among others. It only depends on how we define it here in this forum. Maybe too we could block the word "Thanks for the Update" B) and then no one could use it.

So many members were saying thanks just to boost their post count up and become VIP or whatever. There would be a whole page of threads with the same person showing as the last poster. You know full well they aren't using all the software in the posts. Like 4 thanks for different AV's :rolleyes:

I would love to see all those post counts reduced and the members named and shamed :lol: Would be pretty funny. :D

Love the notice at the top of forum. No one can miss this now B)

Thanks shought.

Forum01.gif

Kudos for sharing :P

Edited by speedy57