Seedboxes: Worth it?

Rock Lee

Well, after getting invited to a few high rank trackers (iptorrents, revTT) I was wondering if any of you pay for seedboxes. I was looking for a trial, can't find one. I dont like to pay for things unless I know for sure its worth it.

:rolleyes: maybe it is, but I'll ask a few of you first.

► Rock Lee

• Replies 36
  • Views 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO seedboxes are worth it.

Good seedboxes guarantee high speeds, 24/7 online and also anonymity.

Finding a trial will be hard I think because I haven't seen one around.

If you want to buy one, check out if they are shared, if they have a bandwidth limit, the interface and also where it is located.

IMO seedboxes are worth it.

Good seedboxes guarantee high speeds, 24/7 online and also anonymity.

Finding a trial will be hard I think because I haven't seen one around.

If you want to buy one, check out if they are shared, if they have a bandwidth limit, the interface and also where it is located.

:P sounds like it might be worth it. I think you use one, so which one do you use & whats the price?

I only have a seedbox for 2 weeks. It really one of the best. It has torrentflux, so the updating is slow, I only have 20 GB hd space, maximum of 5 active torrents and it is shared so I only have 4mb down and 3 up.

The good thing is, it only costs me 9 euros per month. It is from yourseedbox.com.

I only bought this seedbox for 2 months and so far I like it. It is stable and does it job well. But it is not truly 100mbit up and down.

So I think the next time I will get one from http://www.ovh.co.uk/

I only have a seedbox for 2 weeks. It really one of the best. It has torrentflux, so the updating is slow, I only have 20 GB hd space, maximum of 5 active torrents and it is shared so I only have 4mb down and 3 up.

The good thing is, it only costs me 9 euros per month. It is from yourseedbox.com.

I only bought this seedbox for 2 months and so far I like it. It is stable and does it job well. But it is not truly 100mbit up and down.

So what exactly what is torrentflux? (sorry for the noob question. Still brand new to the whole private tracker thing aside from demonoid, which really isnt private)

9 euros = about 12 dollars here. For only one month eh? :P

Definitely will have to check this one out...

So what exactly what is torrentflux? (sorry for the noob question. Still brand new to the whole private tracker thing aside from demonoid, which really isnt private)

9 euros = about 12 dollars here. For only one month eh? :)

Definitely will have to check this one out...

Torrentflux is a program to download torrents from, like uTorrent. Only on torrentflux works only on UNIX systems (like Linux)

Torrentflux has an option to maintain your torrents from a different PC.

I see torrentflux like a mediocre torrent client. The updating is rather slow and it is kinda clumsy program.

Never the less it does it job, but for a better seedboxing experience I recommend a PC with utorrent webgui or some sort of remote desktop.

OVH offers to install several operating systems. You even can tell them to install windows for you and then you use remote desktop to completely control that PC. This is only available on a dedicated machine.

Also beware that the 12 dollars offer is for a shared connection. I mailed to them and they said if their service becomes more popular, the user might experience slower speeds.

Torrentflux is a program to download torrents from, like uTorrent. Only on torrentflux works only on UNIX systems (like Linux)

Torrentflux has an option to maintain your torrents from a different PC.

I see torrentflux like a mediocre torrent client. The updating is rather slow and it is kinda clumsy program.

Never the less it does it job, but for a better seedboxing experience I recommend a PC with utorrent webgui or some sort of remote desktop.

OVH offers to install several operating systems. You even can tell them to install windows for you and then you use remote desktop to completely control that PC. This is only available on a dedicated machine.

Also beware that the 12 dollars offer is for a shared connection. I mailed to them and they said if their service becomes more popular, the user might experience slower speeds.

I only use utorrent, if I do use the seedbox I'll get the web gui for it.

:yes: Mhm I knew that. I dont need a dedicated server at this moment.

Does a seedbox work both ways? (Downloading & uploading)

Does a seedbox work both ways? (Downloading & uploading)

Yes, a seedbox can download and upload torrents.

Also you can download your files, because your seedbox also works as a FTP server.

It is also possible to upload files to your seedbox. Very handy if you want to upload files that way.

Also you can download your files, because your seedbox also works as a FTP server.

It is also possible to upload files to your seedbox. Very handy if you want to upload files that way.

Well alrighty then. Looks like I'll start with yourseedbox.com next month. Thanks for all your help demonon :P

► Rock Lee

Well alrighty then. Looks like I'll start with yourseedbox.com next month. Thanks for all your help demonon :)

► Rock Lee

No problem :D

I have a seedbox at fastsh.it (yes that's their name ^^). By looking at the offer from yourseedbox.com I'd say fastsh.it is waaaay better. I'm only on a

LU100, that is 100GB, unlimited torrents, 576MB RAM, SSH, FTP, HTTP, RDP access to the box, unique subdomain, and my choice of what client I want to run. uTorrent through Wine if I want, Deluge if I want or (my personal recommendation) rTorrent + wTorrent. All for only 20$/mounth (used to be 15$). Amazing speeds, great support. 10 MB/s both upload and download. I suggest you both check them out!

I have a seedbox at fastsh.it (yes that's their name ^^). By looking at the offer from yourseedbox.com I'd say fastsh.it is waaaay better. I'm only on a

LU100, that is 100GB, unlimited torrents, 576MB RAM, SSH, FTP, HTTP, RDP access to the box, unique subdomain, and my choice of what client I want to run. uTorrent through Wine if I want, Deluge if I want or (my personal recommendation) rTorrent + wTorrent. All for only 20$/mounth (used to be 15$). Amazing speeds, great support. 10 MB/s both upload and download. I suggest you both check them out!

The site is down and are you serious about the 10 MB/s upload and download?

Yeah the site is down as demonon stated. ; As far as your seedbox goes, ;) ysb doesnt have a lot on it.

Ysb is cheaper so I may start with that in order to see how using a seedbox goes for me. If it does work out

I definitely will jump shit for fastsh.it (love the name by the way :s). Thanks for the info Entrimo ;)

there worth it if u MUST have 0day stuff or be 1st to have stuff etc...

i dont need one cause im more selective regarding downloads these days...

i recall when sum of the top p2p movie release crews were offering seedboxes etc...

also if ur involved with sum torrent sites etc than a seedbox will probably get u on there "uploaders" list etc...

there worth it if u MUST have 0day stuff or be 1st to have stuff etc...

i dont need one cause im more selective regarding downloads these days...

i recall when sum of the top p2p movie release crews were offering seedboxes etc...

also if ur involved with sum torrent sites etc than a seedbox will probably get u on there "uploaders" list etc...

Its not that I must have 0-day stuff, its just that I like being on top of things. ; The faster I get it

the faster I can share it with you guys, which the whole idea :) ; Where did you hear / see that the p2p

movie release groups were giving away seedboxes, etc. & yeah I saw that some will let you ul if you have a box.

Site is not technically down, but I get this screen when I get there:

2nvdtm9.jpg

Thanks for the links, :unsure: this site keeps getting better and better

Thanks for the links, :angry: this site keeps getting better and better

It sure does.

I think I might get one of these boxes after my two months with yourseedbox expire.

• 4 weeks later...

Never heard about seedboxes, but it seems to go really fast, sort of usenet for torrent clients

A seedbox is used for people with bad connections. It downloads fast & uploads fast so if you're on a ratio based tracker (such as demonoid) you can do pretty much whatever you want without having to worry about your ratio.

If I had an incredible connection like Marik had I definitely wouldn't need a seedbox, but since my ISP took my bandwidth away because of my torrenting, I need one.

• 2 weeks later...

*Sorry for the double post*

Found a great article on cheap seedboxes. One of them is even $4 a month :) (for 1 gig only tho).

You can read much more on it in the link below, If they had more space I'd definitely be inclined to snag one...

10 Really Cheap Seedboxes That Anyone Can Afford

A bit outdated as some of the servers quit hosting & some of the prices aren't accurate but still a good read :)

• 1 month later...

hey i'm interested in the Subject

But , i know nothing about it

I dont know if this needs any support here in my country

Coz seems like i've never seen this Here !

Can i get a seedbox , while being here , and using my Normal connection ?

hey i'm interested in the Subject

But , i know nothing about it

I dont know if this needs any support here in my country

Coz seems like i've never seen this Here !

Can i get a seedbox , while being here , and using my Normal connection ?

Your connection doesn't have anything to do with you being able to get a seedbox.

I recommend you look at seedbox.fr. Very cheap seedboxes but you will need to pay extra for more active torrents. 15 active torrents will cost you 10 euros a month I believe. Check the site for the real prices though.

A seedbox is just a fast server for your torrents. If you have a bad home connection, a seedbox will help you out tremendously. 100mb upload & 100 mb download is perfect for anyone trying to help their ratios out. You will not be accessing a seedbox directly. Instead, it is located offshore (in a different country). You'll use a web based torrent client (typically utorrent or torrentflux) to access it. Some require FTP. Others do not.

Rocky ...thanks alot .

But i have a question

If i have to upload a file here from my pc to a site let's say Sportbit

how can i upload it that fast , while i dont have the seedbox here

i know the question might sound stupid

but i will upload the files to seedbox then Let it do the dirty job ?

Archived