Study: iPhone Owners Have ‘Blind Loyalty’ And Will Buy Anything Apple Makes

Turk

By Zach Epstein on Feb 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM

316w4lj.jpg
Apple logo chest fanboy

A study that will make blindly loyal Android fanboys giddy with glee has found that a huge chunk of iPhone owners admit to being blindly loyal to Apple, willing to buy just about anything the Cupertino, California-based consumer technology giant slaps an Apple logo on.

The study was conducted by SIMOnlyContracts.co.uk, and it involved polling 2,000 iPhone owners.

About 60% of those polled admitted to having a “blind loyalty” to Apple and even more — 78% — said they “couldn’t imagine having a different type of phone” than an iPhone. Interestingly, however, just half of respondents said they were “really impressed” by Apple’s iPhone.

In other words, they’re happy using a smartphone they’re not really impressed by simply because Apple made it.

The survey found that 54% of iPhone owners have owned another iPhone model prior to their current phone, and 37% said the reason for upgrading to a newer iPhone model was familiarity with the iOS user interface. 28% said the newer iPhone model was just the best smartphone for them, and 25% said they stayed with Apple because of iOS-specific features like iMessage and FaceTime.

“It’s really interesting to discover this blind loyalty amongst iPhone users – they’ll no longer consider other mobile phones on the market, purely because they trust Apple and perhaps like being associated with the brand,” SIMOnlyContracts.co.uk founder Roshan Bholah told The Telegraph. ”However, the old saying ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ could ring true here, as it’s clearly a case of them having a positive experience with the handset. It’s ultimately the loyalty all brands hope to achieve with their customers – old and new.”

He continued, “Product lifecycles are fickle, so it’ll be interesting to see how long Apple can maintain this relationship with its customers, not forgetting to mention how long they can keep their competitors at bay.”

Of those who had switched to an iPhone from other smartphone brands, 17% came from a BlackBerry, 14% from a Nokia phone, 9% from a Samsung handset, 4% from HTC and only 2% from a Sony phone.
http://bgr.com/2014/02/13/apple-loyalty-study-iphone

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Turk

• geeteam

• oliverjia

• OrbingStorm

Ive had an iPhone 4 for a few years now but its been replaced twice due to being faulty.The only thing that puts me off apple is the so called geniuses at the local apple shop treat you like an idiot.Plus the fact that they still say apple devices don't get viruses .

iPhone Owners Have ‘Blind Loyalty’ And Will Buy Anything Apple Makes

It's an well established fact. You don't need research to know that. ^_^

There's an itard born every minute. Those ignorant idiots will continue to patronize Apple because they *actually* believe that overpaying for under-performing hardware and feature deprived software makes them cool or something. Apple products are a status symbol for most tech-illiterates and that's not about to change any time soon. Good for them. I don't grudge them their tiny colorful little iPhones and handicapped, app-less Macs. Give me a Nexus 5 and a powerful home-built Windows/Linux PC anyday. ;)

Edited by calguyhunk

Apple has done exactly that "Customer Satisfaction is 100%" no two ways about that. So why won't you go for everything they make?

Am not a "blind loyal apple fanboy" but lets face fact here... Did you know that statics revealed that users are comfortable find their way out on the Apple device than any other device? Here is a scenario, I gave an iPhone to my little sister and she was able to find her way out, make a call, music, camera and other stuffs, I did the same thing for HTC and she wasn't able to even make a call. She wasn't able to find her way out, she got pissed and threw the phone away. That exactly what Apple has been able to do.

Geeteam, we all know you are not a blind fanboy, you should not be, if already you are, though you rightly like Apple or whatever. Sometimes a bit sense of humour, and also study is not about durability of Apple etc but how behave Apple customers e.g. even if it makes a useless device, fanboys would buy it with blindly. that is the main point of the study, I guess :)

I understand @Turk but what makes an "apple fanboy"? It's all about customer satisfaction, and Apple has just done that. It's doesn't matter the device Apple will make, so far as customer satisfaction is 100% fan and non-fanboys will always go for it.

ignoring what people say about buying an apple no matter how good or bad is I guess makes it "a fanboy", take it easy and enjoy your postings, I actually do not like to post "mobile things", If I come across windows, Microsoft fanboys or geeks, I will post them, too :)