This is what the HTC M8 virtual buttons look like

geeteam

We've already heard that the successor to the HTC One - the M8 or Two - will have on-screen navigation buttons (instead of capacitive ones under the screen) and thanks to an anonymous email we may be seeing what they'll look like.

The image below shows the proposed three button configuration - the home and app switcher buttons match the current Sense design, the back button doesn't.

gsmarena_001.jpg

This could turn out just a well-made concept, not to mention that if the M8 launches with KitKat the on-screen buttons background should be transparent.

Source

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• Dodel

• calguyhunk

• Matt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like capacitive buttons, not the on-screen ones. As it is, phones only have a 4-6 inch screens generally, compared to 13-27 inch screens for *real* computers. From that, if you take away space for something that can be done any other way, then that's the way to IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'd still get the N5 if I could afford it (it's $500 here :( ) but I'd much rather have it the Nokia/Samsung way. :yes:

But we're prolly fighting a losing battle. It's will prolly be the norm in a couple of years' time :(

If those onscreen buttoms are you problem, i believe you can disable it