• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Views 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Emsisofts a-squared it came free with a giveaway of Online Armour

• 1 month later...

i got a question? norton av used to be a system crasher MUST REMOVE APP has it gotten better? -peace ;)

Yeaaa Norton has gotten alot better. Its very light and very effective. Also they seem to improve on the Uninstaller, not many registry/files left behind when uninstalling it.

ESS(NOD32) for the last year or so but every once in a while try out the latest stable versions of NIS, KIS, AVAST, AVIRA since all of them are neck to neck but ESET somehow outscores the rest on stability & system resources regularly btw the best part is the username/password delivered to my email free of cost :D

• 1 month later...

another 4-5 months and this poll is 2 years old... lets make a new one!

Am using Norton IS with paid subscription since 2004.. Will try Norton 2011 & NTR by BOX once my current Norton 2010 expires.. Since i found this forum :D

Was not using an anti-virus on my system for quite a long period until recent times when I re-installed NOD32 EAV V4 (just to test the PurplebeanZ fix) - however nothing and I repeat nothing beats the good old standalone NOD32 V2.

• Administrator

let`s do another poll. this one is too old...

This isn't old, made just a year ago. ;)

• 2 months later...

Kaspersky -->> for the best "behaviour analysis" AV ever made! Which give me full control all of my applications B)

I'm NIS user, it is just taking 6MB of memory when idle, but I never check when my NIS is scanning my PC.

Also it found some malware that AVG missed.

NOD32 EAV here :)

My 2 Laptops

1st x86: Eset+Prevx

2nd x64: Avast IS v6

Have Norton 360 v4 before and I would say it is pretty good and with a complete protection but now really like to try out the new avast with safezone for online banking and autosandboxing features. I clinged to my current setup for my 1st lappy (NOD32 with Prevx) though.

cheers!

• 2 months later...

^I know what you mean =P, as I find it annoying to, but I can deal with it. (Personally I chose it due to tests being done and it ranking at the top (Hehe from ssupdater)... And I don't really have any complaints about it cept for as you mentioned about the Cracks.

I keep hearing that norton has finally "fixed" all it's issues that made users complain about it...is this true or just more propaganda form Norton???? :rolleyes:

Archived