• Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • Norton
    • Panda
    • Threatfire
    • Trend Micro
    • Other, please specify

• Administrator

I don't agree. I used AVG Free for about 3 years. I also liked it the way it took my cpu usage to 100%, the way it used to catch a false positive. Thinkin that it's great by doin that and I'm more safe by it. I was wrong. I got many viruses, trojan horses and what not, on my computer. It's not good. Take my word. Now I'm usin ESET from more then 8 months or so. And I'm very satisfied by it. ;)

• Replies 146
  • Views 27.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you think i should move to Eset? if so is it compatable with Win 7 ? thanks :)

• Administrator

I'm still unknown to Windows 7. Well shought will answer your question very well. I remember once he said it's workin great on his Windows 7. :)

• 7 months later...
Br4twurscht

I tried ESET but I don't get a LAN-Connection. After one day frustrating that I couldn't solve the problem now I try the actual version of Kaspersky because I used it before some years and was always happy with it. But with this version I have some performance problems/lags. So in Counter-Strike my third and fifth mousebutton sometimes react very delayed. Moreover, since I have it installed my explorer fries more than one time at different actions, for example remove a usb stick or open something. And the trial popups are very annoying.

So, now I hope I will be happy with Norton 2010. Last year I used the version 2010 but the last box patch don't resettet the trial period without a reinstall.

Me uses.... Symantec EndPoint ....

Don't know why but just always used Symantec stuff it's a love/hate relationship :huh:

I voted eset because smart light fast and easy

also Kasper : perfect unpacking engine and virus database!

I have tried them all, but now I settled with Avast Internet Security. It is the lightest for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Avast, I have been using it for many years and I never get malware period. Because I know that it does work for me and it is totally free.

Thanks.:D

Still Avast Pro and outpost firewall.

Archived