Which Uninstallers do you use?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which Uninstallers do you use?

• Advance Uninstaller Pro Yes
    • Total Uninstall Yes
    • Your Uninstaller Pro Yes
    • Best Uninstaller Yes
    • Other Yes

Any of these uninstallers survive reboot?

In the course of a de-installation through third-party Uninstallers, one is not supposed to permit the 'reboot.' B)

I mean, a program uninstallation says "You need to reboot to complete uninstallation"..

The call for a "You need to reboot to complete uninstallation" is made only by the inbuilt 'add or remove programs' and never by any third-party Uninstaller. :nono:

Does the uninstaller resume automatically after reboot and continue removing the junk?

One of the USPs of a third-party Uninstallers is in removing most of the files, folders, and registry entries that are locked up by the system that the inbuilt 'add or remove programs' fails to do so (without a reboot.) ;)

• Replies 60
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, a program uninstallation says "You need to reboot to complete uninstallation"..

The call for a "You need to reboot to complete uninstallation" is made only by the inbuilt 'add or remove programs' and never by any third-party Uninstaller. :nono:

But all these third party uninstallers do call the built-in uninstallers.. and then scan for "leftovers" once it is done.. isn't it? (I tried a few runs with Revo Uninstaller..)

But all these third party uninstallers do call the built-in uninstallers.. and then scan for "leftovers" once it is done.. isn't it? (I tried a few runs with Revo Uninstaller..)

Whether to call on the inbuilt 'add or remove programs' or not . . . . . . . . would depend on the User configuration and even if called, when prompted for a reboot, one should opt for 'No.'

Since I've replaced 'Revo Uninstaller Pro' a long time ago with 'Total Uninstall Pro,' I wont be able to recall how - but, configurability is one of the reasons why I find 'Total Uninstall Pro' more appealing. Check below for the configurations on calling / leaving out the inbuilt 'add or remove programs'.

5f1c2p.jpg

Revo Uninstaller Pro first uninstalls a program with the program's uninstaller. (If the uninstaller wants to restart Windows, just tell the uninstaller no.) Then you hit the scan button to find leftover folders, files and registry entries. If some files and/or folders can't be deleted because they're still in use, just remember their location(s). After rebooting Windows, you can either delete those files and/or folders manually, or you can use Revo Uninstaller Pro's "Forced Uninstall". Here you can give the full path to a program's file or folder or you can specify the program's exact name. (Forced Uninstall will force the uninstall of remnants of an already uninstalled program.)

• 3 weeks later...

Your Uninstaller here..mostly the programs uninstaller though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Me too, Revo Uninstaller. Additional i use Auslogics BoostSpeed to find some

missed registry entries (if there some :lol: ) and other crap on my computer.

The Hunter Mode is a really useful feature but YU! has it, too.

Archived