102 members have voted

1. 1. Which Uninstallers do you use?

• Advance Uninstaller Pro Yes
    • Total Uninstall Yes
    • Your Uninstaller Pro Yes
    • Best Uninstaller Yes
    • Other Yes

• Administrator

You are right. People don't know about it as it has not updated from a long time. It means it doesn't have many bugs. Well it doesn't officially support Windows 7, but it's reportably workin properly on it.

• Replies 60
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, must be objective here!

revo is nowhere near best even ashampoo- they do not perform as good as Total Un. etc, but agree- they are freeware, easy to use and still many times over better that win unin.

• Administrator

I do not agree. Revo is one of the top uninstallers. It isn't given 5 stars by CNET editors for nothin - http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

And is the most downloaded on download.com as far as uninstallers are concerned. I don't use it as it's free, I use it as it suits my needs.

I do not agree. Revo is one of the top uninstallers. It isn't given 5 stars by CNET editors for nothin - http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

And is the most downloaded on download.com as far as uninstallers are concerned. I don't use it as it's free, I use it as it suits my needs.

I'll take my comment back!

• Administrator

No problem. Infact I thank you for it. Your comment made me post it, here on the forums. :)

I have tried Perfect Uninstaller, Final Uninstaller, Your uninstaller, Smarty and even Ashampoo.

My final choice Your Uninstaller 2010, the very best! :dance2:

• Administrator

You are welcome. :)

Well that video was the main reason I started usin Revo. But after usin it, it's the best IMO.

Have been using 'Your Uninstaller! 2008 PRO" and 'Revo Uninstaller' on and off for many years until someone introduced me to 'Total Uninstall Professional Edition,' after which I've never been able to go back to any other unistaller program. B)

Bolt_Gundam510

well from what i was reading or looking at what about this little program pc-decrapifier. maybe it could be a good program or something i am not for sure. just my 2 cents here.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
chlorophyll

as far i heard - total uninstall may create problems regarding registry as it touches each n evry part of registry.recently complaints lodged in our forum this also.

my choice -- cCleaner and your uninstaller pro :lol:

Perfect Uninstaller works perfectly for me. It runs the original uninstall program, then scans the registry and hard drive for leftover files. It can also force an uninstall if it's corrupt... You guys should deffinitely try it!

• 2 weeks later...

i've just turned revo after giving up on TU which almost corrupted my os.

Revo Pro altough Free version is also good. Basically only difference is that Pro version got installation monitor :) I don't count GUI differences as it's not main thing you look in uninstaller ;)

• Administrator

Revo Uninstaller Pro supports 64 bit OS. Revo Free doesn't show 64 bit applications. Plus it doesn't fully support Windows 7. There are whole lot of differences between them but I still feel that it should had been free. :(

• 2 weeks later...

as far i heard - total uninstall may create problems regarding registry as it touches each n evry part of registry.recently complaints lodged in our forum this also.

my choice -- cCleaner and your uninstaller pro :lol:

i've just turned revo after giving up on TU which almost corrupted my os.

@ ravi & Tucker

Yes, it's true that Total Uninstall can cause what you describe as well as any other Uninstaller program. :(

That said, Total Uninstall Pro does have the extra feature of backing up the installation prior to de-installing it provided we configure it right. :console:

• 2 months later...

Any of these uninstallers survive reboot? I mean, a program uninstallation says "You need to reboot to complete uninstallation".. Does the uninstaller resume automatically after reboot and continue removing the junk?

Revo Uninstaller + Total Uninstall

according to the day of the week !! :D

Archived