Leaked Images shows metal housing for Apple's iPhone 6 aka "iPhone Air"

geeteam

Amid rumors that Apple is testing out iPhones with screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5.7 inches, a photograph published on Wednesday allegedly shows off the metal housing for the Apple iPhone 6. With the 5.7 inch iPhone rumored to be part of a new line of Apple iPhone phablets to launch in May, we can assume that the metal part in the picture will house a 4.7 inch panel.

The picture confirms a very thin design for the iPhone 6. According to the latest speculation, this device will be 6mm thin and will be named the Apple iPhone Air. This model would be launched in September, around the same time that the Apple iPhone 5 was released in 2012, and the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c were released last year.

6-1.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• calguyhunk

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

... Apple is testing out iPhones with screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5.7 inches ...

This will probably be the first iPhone worth buying even for Android aficionados if priced right (outside of the US). I've always found those devices too small to get any real work done, My uncle has a 3.5" iPhone 3 that he's been using for quite a few years (the screen size has only gone up by 0.5" since then), and it looks like a kid's toy next to cheap 5"+ phablets everywhere. ;)

This has always been my number one gripe against Apple products in general that for some reasons, they keep the screens of most of their products unnaturally small compared to the competition, whether Macbooks or iPhones. Yes, configureability, customizations and lack of options in general are still going to be a problem for a large section of Android tweaking Geekboys, but at least, one big monkey will now be off Apple's back and Android will not have the large screen market all to themselves - especially with the Note 3 (5.7") sized phablet :)

Edited by calguyhunk

Mmmh! I can see that, Not you along, Everyone is happy Apple is now into bigger displays... "Phablets" if i may say.

But reports reaching this evening from mac rumours states that "iPhone 6 frame" is likely to be fake.

Well they have a couple of reasons stating why its fake. But i dont trust them. Lets wait and see.

source