Matt

New Year - New Look  

111 members have voted

1. 1. "Which Skin You Like For naseforums"

• Replies 83
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed my vote to none. I don't think they are an improvement over the current.

I don't understand why this post exists :s As already stated the powers that be will not be changing the skin.

I think it's always good to have a choice! So my vote goes for both. And I think the fact that you can always revert to the original is implied.

Dr. Eset - NSANE

Executive 2

My OS is Windows XP in classic view, no wallpapers, no eye-candy effects, bare minimum drivers and services, no .NET runtimes installed, no Java installed, 95% of programs are portable.

My web browser is Firefox 3.6.28 in classic view, no eye-candy with a set of addons designed to:

- load the body text quickly AND all external resources are not loaded.

- disable snooping

- protect my privacy

- obfuscate my web habits.

I do not own any wireless devices or mobile phones or any other mobile technology....on the internet I only use email and IRC, nothing else.

I HATE web pages designed for viewing on mobile devices.

I LIKE fast loading hand-coded web pages which use a minimum of Javascript effects with all resources loading from the starting server.

I LIKE minimalist web design.

I LIKE web sites designed by people who like programming and text editors and command-line tools and keyboards and mouses.

I like web pages which fail gracefully in old browsers; that is, if the site uses bleading-edge CSS and Javascript which fail to work with my browser, then I want the page to fall back to a basic view rather than crashing my browser dead; when a "modernized" web page crashes my browser it is invariably a web page designed by the new generation who don't give a fuck about the previous generation computer users and have no interest in the old-skool ways of seeing.

If a website I regularly visit gets redesigned and no longer satisfies my preferences, then I go away and never ever come back.

I will immediately sever my relationship with the website. I won't start a Poll about it. I won't try to change anybody's mind about it. I will never talk about that website again.

I will just move on and do something else....maybe I'll do nothing for a while; just merge with life's banalities; no conscious engagement; just let it all be; eat, shit, sleep, breathe, ride my bicycle; go back to a primal set of feelings and actions.

Welcome to the forums man. I agree with some of the things you said as I am old-skool as well. (I just went to win7 from XP about 1yr ago) It is however the 20-teens and IMHO ya gotta bend alittle bit or break with the wind. Anyways welcome to the forums. BTW I never made an introductary post in "Member Introduction" either. I just jumped right in and held on tight as you seem to have done. Again welcome to nsane.

Look at this, nsane.down in 2007