Windows RT 8.1 pulled from the Windows Store

geeteam

Hey Folks ----

I did a posting over on the Microsoft Community forum related to some of what we've been talking about here. My post focused on what appears to be a more generalized concern of people who migrated Win 8 to an SSD being unable to update to Win 8.1. Having researched this for several days now, it seems that's where my problem with this update is centered.

A MS forum admin sent me back a PM requesting that I run diagnostics that can be uploaded to them. I would like to try to help them sort this out, but was wondering if any of you are experienced with that sort of thing? While my Win 8 OS is legit, not everything else on my computer is -- I'm particularly concerned that they might not find my copy of MS Office as humorous as I do --- and am concerned if it is safe to send them such diagnostics under the circumstances. I assume they wind up with a lot of info you may or may not want them to have. Do you think it safe to send them these diagnostics if not everything on your system is "clean"?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• Replies 28
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• mray88

• tezza

• demoneye

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mray88,

Thanks for following up stories like this.

I don't know how MS works with these stuffs that we send them.

I don't know whether they check for legitimacy of our products before addressing our issues.

Sometimes we follow up on a problem like this on MS forum pages and its get to a point where they will need your report (or something of that sort) and we draw back because of legitimacy issues. so forums like this always gives me the opportunity to share my problem and probably a help might come.

If you can take the risk and send them a diagnostics report well that is it - it will help us all B) . MS might reward you, who knows :mellow: ???

You can wait for other suggestions before you take the next step...

Hi mray88,

I don't know whether they check for legitimacy of our products before addressing our issues.

Sometimes we follow up on a problem like this on MS forum pages and its get to a point where they will need your report (or something of that sort) and we draw back because of legitimacy issues. so forums like this always gives me the opportunity to share my problem and probably a help might come.

If you can take the risk and send them a diagnostics report well that is it - it will help us all B) . MS might reward you, who knows :mellow: ???

thank you geeteam! I appreciate your input. I pm'd tezza about it as well, and he seems to be of a similar opinion, so I think I shall go ahead with it. It's sad, but these have become paranoid times and we need to be more careful than ever with these things.

BTW, you might recall the other day I was posting about leftover files from attempting this 8.1 update, several gb's worth.I did finally locate something on line that pointed to the correct files that could be deleted. MS was encrypting most of those files downloaded for the 8.1 update, and that's what made it so difficult to be certain what they were, and if they could or could not be deleted. I did finally get rid of it all, but since they were encrypted, it had to all be done manually, no disk cleanup, no ccleaner. Finally resolved though. :)

Thanks again for your thoughts on this diagnostics for MS. It seems this SSD/8.1 update problem is fairly widespread.

Hi mray88,

thank you geeteam! I appreciate your input. I pm'd tezza about it as well, and he seems to be of a similar opinion, so I think I shall go ahead with it. It's sad, but these have become paranoid times and we need to be more careful than ever with these things.

BTW, you might recall the other day I was posting about leftover files from attempting this 8.1 update, several gb's worth.I did finally locate something on line that pointed to the correct files that could be deleted. MS was encrypting most of those files downloaded for the 8.1 update, and that's what made it so difficult to be certain what they were, and if they could or could not be deleted. I did finally get rid of it all, but since they were encrypted, it had to all be done manually, no disk cleanup, no ccleaner. Finally resolved though. :)

Thanks again for your thoughts on this diagnostics for MS. It seems this SSD/8.1 update problem is fairly widespread.

No Thanks, as we are here to help eachother. i've have been thinking about this everytime that "What if Windows OS was open source?" it will be great cos we all will be able to help and make it better but because of one or two issues? we prefer to stay back and watch them do whatever they do. as a Nsaner, helping member has been my major priority. All the BEST mray88! and Good LUCK!