Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 45

jalaffa

If you are on 64-bit OS, you might have installed the 64-bit version. Firefox and almost all the browsers are 32-bit. Hence, you need to install the 32-bit version. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java can be installed together if required.

I did use 64-bit offline installer. And I just installed the 32-bit one after I read your post and voila! It's there :D Thank you very much. One less computer-induced headache thanks to you, Sir :lol:

Btw, why I saw Java plugin on IE, but not on FF and Opera, though?

• Replies 36
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spicey

• DKT27

• LeeSmithG

• datrance

• Administrator

If you are on 64-bit OS, you might have installed the 64-bit version. Firefox and almost all the browsers are 32-bit. Hence, you need to install the 32-bit version. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java can be installed together if required.

I did use 64-bit offline installer. And I just installed the 32-bit one after I read your post and voila! It's there :D Thank you very much. One less computer-induced headache thanks to you, Sir :lol:

Btw, why I saw Java plugin on IE, but not on FF and Opera, though?

You are welcome. :)

Reason you saw the Java plugin in IE is because you might have tried IE 64-bit. IE in Windows 7 and Windows 8 comes in two versions, 32-bit and 64-bit.

Reason you saw the Java plugin in IE is because you might have tried IE 64-bit. IE in Windows 7 and Windows 8 comes in two versions, 32-bit and 64-bit.

Umm, how do we know if an application is 32-bit or 64-bit? There is iexplore.exe in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). When I clicked the one in Program Files, it doesn't have the (32 bit) after its name on Task Manager under Processes tab and it doesn't have it either when I clicked the one in Program Files (x86).

• Administrator

Umm, how do we know if an application is 32-bit or 64-bit? There is iexplore.exe in both Program Files and Program Files (x86). When I clicked the one in Program Files, it doesn't have the (32 bit) after its name on Task Manager under Processes tab and it doesn't have it either when I clicked the one in Program Files (x86).

I see.

Are you using Windows 8? Cause I don't know exactly, but I heard that you are forced to use the 64-bit version of IE on it.

I see.

Are you using Windows 8? Cause I don't know exactly, but I heard that you are forced to use the 64-bit version of IE on it.

I am using Windows 8 x64. So, I guess that's must be the reason. Thank you very much for your time and explanations :)

• Administrator

I see.

I am using Windows 8 x64. So, I guess that's must be the reason. Thank you very much for your time and explanations :)

Welcome.

You have a good signature. :)

:lol: I just set it a few minutes ago. Too bad I can't see it here, though, only on my Signature Settings because I ignored signatures a few days ago by clicking the X on the top right of someone's signature because I'm on crappy USB modem connection, and now for the life of me, I can't find a way to un-ignore it :doh:

• Administrator

:lol: I just set it a few minutes ago. Too bad I can't see it here, though, only on my Signature Settings because I ignored signatures a few days ago by clicking the X on the top right of someone's signature because I'm on crappy USB modem connection, and now for the life of me, I can't find a way to un-ignore it :doh:

I see. :P

Go here. On top, there will be a box with this written next to it: Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages. Uncheck it and save changes. :)

Go here. On top, there will be a box with this written next to it: Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages. Uncheck it and save changes. :)

Aha! That's how! I was there on that settings a couple of times, but I didn't notice that option :blush:

Thank you very much again :) Many things to learn every day here :D

• Administrator

Aha! That's how! I was there on that settings a couple of times, but I didn't notice that option :blush:

Thank you very much again :) Many things to learn every day here :D

Welcome. :P

Actually, it is the first time I noticed that option myself. I knew it was there somewhere, but it wasn't noticeable.

Welcome. :P

Actually, it is the first time I noticed that option myself. I knew it was there somewhere, but it wasn't noticeable.

Maybe because the two other options below it are more eye-catching, so it can hide in plain sight :lol:

• 2 months later...

There are new versions.

Saw them at majorgeeks.com

now 51.

Still don't work right on mozilla based browsers, which is a shame.