405 Million Users Still Running Windows XP

Matsuda

MidnightDistortions

I've seen plenty of machines that don't even update and they are fine connected to the internet.

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• viggen66

• Misaki2010

• MidnightDistortions

• LeeSmithG

numbers are to large because people just do not want to upgrade to a new computer every time a new OS comes out to be able to run anything newer...especially when XP is such a good one..now if it was just win95 or win3.11 as legacy options there would be no issue and most people would be running win7 or 8

Or maybe they cannot afford to.

I see a lot of schools and business's still use XP.

My dentist uses 7 and my GP XP.

You got to understand, changing to a new operating system usually means having to then buy new software.

XP works fine with all my software Vista didn't, some that didn't work on Vista does work on 7 and some still doesn't.

So MS, write the new Windows 9 so all older software that worked on XP will work on 9.

I've decided that I will bypass Windows 8 and sell it.

If MS carry on without start buttons and similar to 95-7 desktops then I will stick with 7 forever.

KamenRiderBlack

People need to move on from Windows XP.

People need to move on from Windows XP.

Why?

Because its an old and obsolete os that its time has passed. Unless you are using Jurassic computers that are 6 years or older

Because its an old and obsolete os that its time has passed. Unless you are using Jurassic computers that are 6 years or older

It has nothing to do with hardware, people like it, it's extremely stable, all the drivers are hugely mature, you get almost 99% compatibility with all programs with exception to very few new games, what else do you need, free bloatware operating system with almost no bugs. If you are concerned with appearance there are lots of ways of changing that

You seem like a d00d that would spend £1200 on a compu..ter just to email and post in forums.

That is the point, people (the majority of them) use XP to send emails and post in forums.

A lot have ditched their PC and use their cell phones.

Edited by LeeSmithG

OK, so calm down guys! :o

Here's the deal. Individuals aren't moving on from XP mostly because they don't need to. Yes, the money does matter, but mostly, people either couldn't be bothered or chances are, they don't even realize that you don't need to stick with the OS that came with your Dell/HP/Compaq/Lenovo etc. That you can install one of your choice any time you want. ;)

Not everybody is a wannabe geek registered on tech forums on the net and just has to have the latest and the greatest OS for their PC's and ROM's for their phones LOL! :lol:

As for the businesses, they ain't doing so because migration is a ginormous pain in the backside not to mention an expensive, strenuous and lengthy undertaking - much more so than first time deployment. Also, there's the small matter of in-house software compatibility! Which is why a lot of the businesses still run IE 6/7/8 with XP and not IE 11 with Win 8.1 LOL! :D

Edited by calguyhunk

MidnightDistortions

Old Jurassic computers are those only capable of running DOS. Nothing wrong with using XP, i got a couple of XP machines that run fine and are 14 years old. I've seen people use W95 and W98. I think W7 does have a better interface then XP but i still use XP for a few things and since there's quite a few XP machines still floating around i doubt XP will die a timely death. If XP is old, obsolete and it's time has passed then practically no one would be using it. That simply is not true.

I'm using XP Home Edition on a Dual CPU, 3 Gigs RAM, 500 HDD, no problems at all, no bugs, more stable than Windows 7 in my opinion, always promptly programs to boot, no virus, no hackers attacks, fast boot, even though XP Professional is more secure namely because you have group policy, I rarely used it so I run my computer on a Windows XP Home Edition with a limited account, which for me secures XP good enough, working together with an Internet Security Product, it can’t be more secure than this, only if I do on purpose something to ruin my Operating System, but that happens on Windows 7, 8 whichever Windows you run.

Try to run Windows 8 and boot programs with virus or visit some websites to see if it is secure