XP Defrag program doesnt work

vin3e

You have two types of computer stores in the UK; Pc World or a local store. Its hard to find a good local store and PC World is full of idiots.

Your key won't be changed with a repair installation.

thank you. you have mom and pap isp providers? usually dialup only over here.

• Replies 32
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never heard of them, so doubt we have.

my bad. the phase "mom and pap" store means local, small, family own. not an actually name. sorry didnt realize that phase wasnt in queens english.

ISP = Internet Service Provider.

is the isps in your area or nation all big companies or are there small companies like a family own store that sells bandwith/access?

• Administrator

You don't get small "family" ISPs, there not finacially viable. You get "smallER" ISPs compared to the big ones, nothing tiny though.

But what does this have to do with the subject at hand? :rolleyes:

You don't get small "family" ISPs, there not finacially viable. You get "smallER" ISPs compared to the big ones, nothing tiny though.

But what does this have to do with the subject at hand?  :rolleyes:

thanks for the inf

i was just asking about it. i had posted "could take it to your local isp provider (mom and pap store) they fix it for $20. might even let you use a win xp oem without the key for a day. could get a backup (which would be legal) in a newsgroup." and then thought "did they have small isp companies in britian and else where" you find them here all the time everywhere. usually dialup ones.

thanks again

That also happened to me.. XP defrag opens all yous see is the whole program but when pressing Analyze or Defrag it doesn't respond and then after checking the Drive C:/ Properties it told me that there is no defrag tool installed eventhough O&O or Perfect Disk was installed currently. The only one that fixed this was Executive Softwares Diskeeper. IMO this is the one defrag program that Microsoft really recorgnizes. If you see the "About" MMC of the real XP defrag it says there Executive Software. I dont know if im right. But, I think they're using Diskeeper in they're own defrag so now its working fine to me. Diskeeper :D

Archived