J.C

You may have noticed that YouTube is changing it's interface and UX (User Experience), some (crazy) people may think that things are getting better with this new UI/UX, but it's not! Here are some things that makes me crazy in YouTube:

1. No shortcut for Inbox at homepage;

2. Interface not optimized for HD resolution or larger;

3. Ads before videos;

4. The new player that integrates annotations, player size and quality in one place.

Now, imagine you can end these problems with simple plugins/scripts... that's what this guide is about!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem #1: Inbox shortcut

1. Install Tampermonkey;

2. Install the script "Youtube startpage Inbox with unread comments";

3. Done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem #2: Interface

1. Install Tampermonkey (if it's not already installed);

2. Install the script "YouTube Center";

3. Go to Youtube, and click in the (new) gear icon on the right of your account image;

4. Tweak as you please, this script is very powerful;

5. Done!

Problem #3: Ads

1. Install Adblock;

2. Done!

Problem #4: New player

1. If you already made the steps said in "Problem #2", then you just need go to "gear icon > Player" && "gear icon > Resize". If not, do them! :lol:

YouTube Center advantages:

1. It automatically put the videos in the best quality possible;

2. More resolution options for the videos;

3. Download the video and/or music-only;

4. "Turn of the lights" integrated;

5. Repeat toggle;

6. Automatically show the video quality when hovering the thumbnail;

7. Like/Dislike bar in the thumbnail;

8. Bigger and centralized interface;

9. (Retina/Ultra HD only) Nowadays the most popular HD quality in YouTube is 1080p, and you only have three options for player resolution (small, medium or full-screen), but 1080p full-screen in a Retina/Ultra HD monitor is not good. With this script you can put the video in 1080p resolution without full-screen.

10. And many more...

HueNbKB.pngGelSxz0.pngv5AvpKH.png

Thanks for reading!!! :P

Have a nice day.

Tutorial written with the sound of AZEDIA - Calm Down

END

Edited by J.C

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matsuda

• Paft

• J.C

• smallhagrid

Top Posters In This Topic

As for "Youtube Center" I have been using "Yousabletubefix".. I'll trail it out now.

Nice, I didn't know "Yousabletubefix". Reading the description it seems very similar to "Youtube Center".

As for "Youtube Center" I have been using "Yousabletubefix".. I'll trail it out now.

Thanks to the suggestion, using tubefix now. i dont know why but Youtube Center dont save the changes that i made.

Edited by Matsuda-NSANE

Thanks to the suggestion, using tubefix now. i dont know why but Youtube Center dont save the changes that i made.

Estranho, aqui funciona normal. Primeiro e único BR que vejo por aqui, hahaha.

----

Unusual, all working fine here.

Edited by J.C

Youtube Center has many more features it seems. Again, I'll trial it out and report any issues.

Speaking of YT - I also use these:

Youtube Ratings Bar:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/119840

Youtube Subscriptions Grid:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/better-youtube-subscription/

Firefox users like myself will of course need Scriptish or Greasemonkey.

I also use this Stylish style:

http://userstyles.org/styles/62289/black-youtube-by-panos

Edited by Paft

Estranho, aqui funciona normal. Primeiro e único BR que vejo por aqui, hahaha.

----

Unusual, all working fine here.

Tipo, ele salva as configurações enquanto uso o navegador mais depois que eu fecho ele e faço uma limpeza com o CCleaner e volto a usa-lo, as configurações sumiram.

Type, it saves the settings while using the browser over after I close it and do a cleanup with CCleaner and I will use it, the settings are gone.

Edited by Matsuda-NSANE

When embedding Flash .SWFs in HTML, there are several choices you can make for the wmode parameter. I've always been a bit confused about which was which, so I set out to today to pull together as much information as possible on the subject. Here is a quick run down of the choices, and what they mean for your Flash .swf.

wmode=window : Usually the default option. This puts the Flash movie on top of all other content on the HTML page. This means Flash won't play well with other HTML elements, and it won't adhere to z-index ordering. In some cases, this mode will net you the best performance for your Flash game or application. This appears to be the safest option for getting your Flash to work properly in the majority of web browsers.

wmode=opaque : This mode is supposed to let Flash play well within an HTML page and adhere to z-index ordering. This option will disable hardware GPU rendering and default to software rendering. This mode is not recommended for use with mobile platforms displaying video. This mode also sometimes interferes with capturing keyboard events in Flash. At the same time, some game developers have found that opaque nets them smoother frame rates.

wmode=transparent : If the background of your Flash movie is transparent, the HTML page will show through. Just like opaque, this option is supposed to play well with other HTML elements and has it's uses in the arena. However, this option takes a significant amount of processing power to render the transparency. Like opaque, this option will automatically disable hardware GPU rendering and default to software rendering, is not is not recommended for use with mobile platforms displaying video and sometimes interferes with capturing keyboard events in Flash.

wmode=gpu : Uses the GPU for hardware accelerated rendering. This may sound like a good idea, but that is not always the case. Although running on the GPU can be very fast, in some cases loading and reloading graphics data to the GPU can be costly and time consuming. You need to test this with your apps and the target devices to make sure it is beneficial to performance.

wmode=direct : This mode bypasses the browser when rednering. This mode is required for Flash "StageVideo" to work in Flash player 10.2. This mode appears to not play well with some HTML elements (similar to wmode=window).

Source

Youtube Center has many more features it seems. Again, I'll trial it out and report any issues.

Speaking of YT - I also use these:

Youtube Ratings Bar:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/119840

Youtube Subscriptions Grid:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/better-youtube-subscription/

Firefox users like myself will of course need Scriptish or Greasemonkey.

I also use this Stylish style:

http://userstyles.org/styles/62289/black-youtube-by-panos

If you use YouTube Center you won't need the "Rating Bar" nor "Subs Grid", because they are already "built-in".

Edited by J.C

In my opinion, YouTube Center is way, way better than Yousabletubefix. Not to mention YouTube Center is updated regularly (check out the Github for YouTube Center, there's some neat features already in the dist builds). As for the inbox thing, you could suggest that to the YouTube Center author so there's one less script needed.

Edited by Clusterphuck

Other bug, example:

Download button also dont work sometimes show me it -> sshot_1.png

Otherside EagleGet never fail and always show me it -----> sshot_2.png

Resuming
Yousabletubefix is crap. :thumbsdown:

Download button dont work in firefox sometimes too.

Edited by Matsuda-NSANE

For me Magic Actions For Youtube All the way !!!

Almost perfect!!!

Missing features:

- More resolution options for the videos (with this plugin I only have the YouTube defaults resolutions and the "Expanded" mode);

- I can't see the option to download video/music-only;

- Centralized, but not bigger interface.

Hide Youtube comments (Adblock)

www.youtube.com###watch-discussion
Hide Youtube annotations (Adblock - this is not working anymore though because Youtube changed its interface yet again)
||youtube.com/annotations_

Great tute & very helpful info !!!

Problem #2: Interface

1. Install Tampermonkey (if it's not already installed);

2. Install the script "YouTube Center";

3. Go to Youtube, and click in the (new) gear icon on the right of your account image;

4. Tweak as you please, this script is very powerful;

5. Done!

Important to note, I think=>

Tampermonkey is not for Firefox users like myself, Greasemonkey is what must be used for scripts.

Youtube Center is a great script, but unfortunately does not always work and often updates are very behind YT changes.

(But when it is working it is a pleasure to have !!)