Windows8 ENT

So my licence is expire in 2days,I have KTS(Total Security) 15 ...To find some new licence or to unnistall and install this KES? i need some advice tnx

os win 8.1 enterprise x64bit

• Replies 493
  • Views 138.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

So my licence is expire in 2days,I have KTS(Total Security) 15 ...To find some new licence or to unnistall and install this KES? i need some advice tnx

os win 8.1 enterprise x64bit

You can still use Kaspersky Reset Trial and get 30 days Trial Version of the application or install KES choice is yours.

CCUjCd.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi friends! Please help me to solve the problem in my organization by identifying key words in mail messages. The company installed Kaspersky for Exchange, which perfectly handles the incoming mail and filters it from spam. But it has a DLP module which is able to catch keywords in mail messages. So it seems this module needs a separate license. Can at whom there are such keys ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Kaspersky Lab has finally confirmed that KES 10 SP1 MR2, a Windows 10 compliant version, will be released on 7th December 2015.

According to news from the Kaspersky Forum, the KES 10 SP1 MR2 version only support languages in English, French and German. No reason given as to why all langauges are not supported.

I'm sure more news (good or bad) will be coming out soon from Kaspersky in the next 2 or 3 days. We've to wait and see what actually will be delivered.

Regards.

Hi All

Kaspersky Lab has finally confirmed that KES 10 SP1 MR2, a Windows 10 compliant version, will be released on 7th December 2015.

According to news from the Kaspersky Forum, the KES 10 SP1 MR2 version only support languages in English, French and German. No reason given as to why all langauges are not supported.

I'm sure more news (good or bad) will be coming out soon from Kaspersky in the next 2 or 3 days. We've to wait and see what actually will be delivered.

Regards.

It's already uploaded on their servers...

http://aes.kaspersky-labs.com/english/endpoints/kes10windows/kes10winsp1_mr2_en_aes256.exe

http://aes.kaspersky-labs.com/english/endpoints/kes10windows/kes10winsp1_mr2_en_aes56.exe

Release Notes: http://aes.kaspersky-labs.com/english/endpoints/kes10windows/releasenotes_10.2.4.674_en.txt

Can anyone confirm lic files here by november_ra1n still work or not?

Thanks for posting this information, ashish.k

Yes, it appears that Kaspersky might have released the KES 10 SP1 MR2 ahead of time but I believe this may not be the Official Release version.

Looking at the Release Notes you posted, version 10.2.4.674 30.11.2015 only supported Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise.

I'm sure it's safe to use these 2 new installers if you're running Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise but personally, I'll wait for the Official Release version scheduled to be released in 3 days time.

Regards.

Thanks for posting this information, ashish.k

Yes, it appears that Kaspersky might have released the KES 10 SP1 MR2 ahead of time but I believe this may not be the Official Release version.

Looking at the Release Notes you posted, version 10.2.4.674 30.11.2015 only supported Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise.

I'm sure it's safe to use these 2 new installers if you're running Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise but personally, I'll wait for the Official Release version scheduled to be released in 3 days time.

Regards.

Pro and Enterprise are only listed because those are the only SKUs used in business environment.

The same has been done with Win7/8/8.1 and previous versions of KES.

They are definitely final: http://aes.kaspersky-labs.com/english/endpoints/kes10windows/

could someone please explain the difference between aes256 and aes56 ?

AES encryption module is relatively small cryptographic module, which encrypts data using AES algorithm. There are two implementations of AES module, which differ in encryption key length. The standard AES algorithm with 256-bit key is implemented in the full version of the module, in the Lite version, the effective key length is 56-bit. These two versions of the module were developed because of legal issues. The length of the key to be used in commercial encryption tools is limited by the laws of many countries. The Lite version of the module is designed for them.

It is the administrator who makes the decision on the type of AES module to be used before deploying the encryption component.

PS: I just Googled! :P

Pro and Enterprise are only listed because those are the only SKUs used in business environment.

The same has been done with Win7/8/8.1 and previous versions of KES.

They are definitely final: http://aes.kaspersky-labs.com/english/endpoints/kes10windows/

No ashish.k, that's not the only SKUs used in the business environment.

Business Corporations do purchase PCs, Laptops, etc., for their employees that comes preinstalled with different Windows SKUs.

What about customers from the Government and Education Institutions that uses KES 10? One good example would be the Windows 10 Education SKUs available through academic Volume Licensing. Why ain't they supported?

I hope it's not the final version otherwise there would be alot of angry customers and lawsuits.

Regards.

No ashish.k, that's not the only SKUs used in the business environment.

Business Corporations do purchase PCs, Laptops, etc., for their employees that comes preinstalled with different Windows SKUs.

What about customers from the Government and Education Institutions that uses KES 10? One good example would be the Windows 10 Education SKUs available through academic Volume Licensing. Why ain't they supported?

I hope it's not the final version otherwise there would be alot of angry customers and lawsuits.

Regards.

OK, I hope that you are right but I made my conclusion based on previous release notes and this server only hosts KES final versions (RTM, MR1 and now MR2) and also...

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=339504

Sad news is that it does not support Build 10586 yet as reported by a user in Kaspersky forums.

EDIT: Windows 10 Build 10240 and 10586 both are supported (for clean install of AV only)

OK, I hope that you are right but I made my conclusion based on previous release notes and this server only hosts KES final versions (RTM, MR1 and now MR2) and also...

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=339504

Sad news is that it does not support Build 10586 yet as reported by a user in Kaspersky forums.

Come on ashish.k, how could it be the final version if its only supporting Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise.

Perhaps the forumer (Ulifax) is right by saying, "Should be the technical release not the beta. But does not run with Windows 10, version 1511, 10586,..."

Let's wait and see what Windows 10 Editions are supported in the Official Release version in 2 days time.

I'm suspecting that the Official Release version may not be even the final version after all.

Regards.

Come on ashish.k, how could it be the final version if its only supporting Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise.

Perhaps the forumer (Ulifax) is right by saying, "Should be the technical release not the beta. But does not run with Windows 10, version 1511, 10586,..."

Let's wait and see what Windows 10 Editions are supported in the Official Release version in 2 days time.

I'm suspecting that the Official Release version may not be even the final version after all.

Regards.

I hope you are right... Let's wait.

It's Official! Links posted earlier are indeed the FINAL version for MR2...

http://www.kaspersky.com/product-updates/windows-endpoint-security?_ga=1.207785938.1383168652.1443206918

Download link at the above site leads to those links which I posted earlier.

PS: Windows 10 Build 10240 and 10586 both are supported (for clean install of AV only)

2 hours ago, ashish.k said:

It's Official! Links posted earlier are indeed the FINAL version for MR2...

http://www.kaspersky.com/product-updates/windows-endpoint-security?_ga=1.207785938.1383168652.1443206918

Download link at the above site leads to those links which I posted earlier.

PS: Windows 10 Build 10240 and 10586 both are supported (for clean install of AV only)

Hi ashish.k

Yes, it's the Official Release of KES 10 SP1 MR2 but where does it states that it's the FINAL version?

Besides, according to the Release Notes available from the Kaspersky public server, version 10.2.4.674 only supported Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise.

What about other Windows 10 Editions, no support?. If it's really the FINAL version has you've claimed, I certainly would want to seek a full refund plus compensation from Kaspersky Lab for the KES commercial licenses which we've bought last year. I believe other Business Corporations, Government/Education Institutions, etc., all over the world who own such licenses would also do the same.

Yes, Kaspersky's forumers has confirmed that Windows 10 version 1511 Build 10586.17 is also supported.

Well, it does looks like Kaspersky is again living up to their sloppiness when dealing with new Windows OSs.

Regards.

1 hour ago, vyzzer said:

Hi ashish.k

Yes, it's the Official Release of KES 10 SP1 MR2 but where does it states that it's the FINAL version?

Besides, according to the Release Notes available from the Kaspersky public server, version 10.2.4.674 only supported Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise.

What about other Windows 10 Editions, no support?. If it's really the FINAL version has you've claimed, I certainly would want to seek a full refund plus compensation from Kaspersky Lab for the KES commercial licenses which we've bought last year. I believe other Business Corporations, Government/Education Institutions, etc., all over the world who own such licenses would also do the same.

Yes, Kaspersky's forumers has confirmed that Windows 10 version 1511 Build 10586.17 is also supported.

Well, it does looks like Kaspersky is again living up to their sloppiness when dealing with new Windows OSs.

Regards.

Sir,

I do not mean to argue at all on this topic but as I stated earlier, please have a look at release notes of previous versions of KES. Those release notes also state that KES only supports Pro (7/8/8.1)/Enterprise (7/8/8.1)/Ultimate (Vista/7 only) editions of Windows.

Release notes:

KES 10 SP1

KES 10 SP1 MR1

KES 10 SP1 MR2 (Added support for Win 10 Pro/Enterprise only, they may not know about Education :P )

I guess it may state that officially but may work on Core/Home versions of Windows too. I haven't tried that though. Now it is your decision to get a refund or file a complaint etc. :D

Regards.

20 hours ago, ashish.k said:

Sir,

I do not mean to argue at all on this topic but as I stated earlier, please have a look at release notes of previous versions of KES. Those release notes also state that KES only supports Pro (7/8/8.1)/Enterprise (7/8/8.1)/Ultimate (Vista/7 only) editions of Windows.

Release notes:

KES 10 SP1

KES 10 SP1 MR1

KES 10 SP1 MR2 (Added support for Win 10 Pro/Enterprise only, they may not know about Education :P )

I guess it may state that officially but may work on Core/Home versions of Windows too. I haven't tried that though. Now it is your decision to get a refund or file a complaint etc. :D

Regards.

You do mean to argue, ashish.k but don't worry I won't feel offended or belittled just because you're trying to defend your point of view in this topic. Nevertheless, please don't argue for the sake of arguing. A good argument, can be an amazing way to really get to the bottom of another persons point of view.

OK, your point of view in this counter-argument is based on the assumption that since the Release Notes of previous versions of KES states that it only support Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows, you're implying that the same goes with Windows 10 without giving due consideration to what editions are available in Windows 10. Am I right to say this, ashish.k?

Did you not also contradict your argument by stating, "(Added support for Win 10 Pro/Enterprise only, they may not know about Education :P)"?

Are you now saying to me, "they may not know about Education" and that's it, no support required by Kaspersky because you're arguing that the Official Release of KES 10 SP1 MR2 is the FINAL version? Does it sound logical to you, ashish.k?

Whether or not KES 10 SP1 MR2 is the FINAL version or just one of those periodic Maintenance Releases (MR), I'll leave it to you to decide.

Regards.

7 hours ago, vyzzer said:

You do mean to argue, ashish.k but don't worry I won't feel offended or belittled just because you're trying to defend your point of view in this topic. Nevertheless, please don't argue for the sake of arguing. A good argument, can be an amazing way to really get to the bottom of another persons point of view.

OK, your point of view in this counter-argument is based on the assumption that since the Release Notes of previous versions of KES states that it only support Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows, you're implying that the same goes with Windows 10 without giving due consideration to what editions are available in Windows 10. Am I right to say this, ashish.k?

Did you not also contradict your argument by stating, "(Added support for Win 10 Pro/Enterprise only, they may not know about Education :P)"?

Are you now saying to me, "they may not know about Education" and that's it, no support required by Kaspersky because you're arguing that the Official Release of KES 10 SP1 MR2 is the FINAL version? Does it sound logical to you, ashish.k?

Whether or not KES 10 SP1 MR2 is the FINAL version or just one of those periodic Maintenance Releases (MR), I'll leave it to you to decide.

Regards.

Sir,

I think you misunderstood me. By FINAL I meant final for MR2 release not final for KES 10. They may add support for other editions of Windows in future patches for MR2 or maybe in MR3 or entirely new product version. I mean testing is over for MR2 and final build (for MR2) is released to public and thus this release is safe to install on production machines.

I really don't want to make you feel offended or belittled. It won't be even the last thing I want. You are Senior member (more than that, VIP) here and are kind and helpful to others. I respect you for that from the bottom of my heart.

Regards.

18 hours ago, ashish.k said:

Sir,

I think you misunderstood me. By FINAL I meant final for MR2 release not final for KES 10. They may add support for other editions of Windows in future patches for MR2 or maybe in MR3 or entirely new product version. I mean testing is over for MR2 and final build (for MR2) is released to public and thus this release is safe to install on production machines.

I really don't want to make you feel offended or belittled. It won't be even the last thing I want. You are Senior member (more than that, VIP) here and are kind and helpful to others. I respect you for that from the bottom of my heart.

Regards.

I'm flabbergasted by your reply, ashish.k.

Apparently, you're resorting to flip flopping and the contents of your previous posts bears testimony to this.

If winning an argument is so important to you then what's right or wrong, let it be that I misunderstood you.

And, please stop this nonsense about not wanting to make me feel offended or belittled just because you want to looks good in this argument and for Pete's sake, leave respect and Forum ranking out of this. Thanks for the compliments, though.

Prolonging this argument isn't gonna benefit anyone so let's move on.

Regards.

19 hours ago, Crazycanuk said:

As i installed the key file in kaspersky, it had a red X stating encryption was not available, afterwords i clicked on the "status of access to files and devices" and a pop up asking for a key came up. My question, is my system encrypted? do i need a different key for  encryption? how to verify if my drive is encrypted? The tutorial on Kaspersky's site shows older version demo, its a little confusing thanks for the help guys/gals

Hi Crazycanuk

The reason you're getting the red X is because the key file you're using doesn't include the necessary license for the Data Encryption functionality.

AFAIK, if you're using a key file/activation code other than Kaspersky Total Security for Business, you'll need to purchase a separate license in order to unlock the Data Encryption functionality.

As I'm not familiar with Data Encryption for KES Business Products, I'm afraid I can't help to answer your questions. Perhaps you can wait for someone knowledgable to come in to assist you.

Nonetheless, what I can help is to provide you with the key file/activation code to let you unlock the Data Encryption functionality in your copy of KES.

I'll send you the key file/activation code by private message shortly, please wait.

Note: Once unlocked, you'll see a green check mark next to Data Encryption.

Regards.

Edit: PM sent.

• 1 month later...
  • Matrix locked this topic

Archived