• Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uffbros

• VictorS

• Ponting

• jedy48

Downloaded twice, tried to get this running.

It just shows the splash screen and......nothing.

Just sits.

Used the home key at the splash screen and the console display is corrupted and garbled, cannot read it.Had to uninstall did not work for me.

Regards

ED

I just did a IM chat with the company that makes this program. here is what he says:

Jester Santos

Hello. How may I help you?

Jeff I have been waiting forever for your new version of RollbackRx..I have a SSD and am reading that this doesn't work with SSD's Trim doesn't work with RollbackRx. Is this the case?

Jester SantosHi Jeff

You can download the latest version just release last wednesday here:

Regarding SSD with TRIm function

Rollback has been compatible with SSDs with TRIM enabled since the last build for Version 9.1

As far as I know, it does work with SSDs with TRIM. I am still figuring out how it all works out. But as far as I know, RollBack Rx v10.2 works will with SSD and TRIM.

No it doesn't and has been proven. The company is deceptive in saying it does. Here is the proof below. wilderssecurity has a forum on it and people there did some testing and it in fact doesn't work. Sure it installs and all but trim doesn't work. Here you go. Remember this is only for people with SSD's not regular hard drive.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=341033

Edited by uffbros

To those who have been installation errors or issues , you might want to turn off any anti-virus or anti-malware protection during the installation. It does in most cases resolve the installation errors. At least in my experience it has. Good luck.

P.S: You can always approach the support from the company- Horizon DataSys. They have 24 hours Live Chat support. Let's put those support team to some use. :lol:

november_ra1n

To those who have been installation errors or issues , you might want to turn off any anti-virus or anti-malware protection during the installation. It does in most cases resolve the installation errors. At least in my experience it has. Good luck.

This is one of the good reason i use Kaspersky cause it gives false positive very rarely unlike some other Anti-Virus Engine however i don't want to open another endless debate here, just saying.

P.S: You can always approach the support from the company- Horizon DataSys. They have 24 hours Live Chat support. Let's put those support team to some use. :lol:

I don't think that AV would have anything to do with the garbling or inability of the program to display it's screens on boot. Something else seems awry with the interface to the BIOS and/or display driver.

Just sayin'

Regards

Ed

Downloaded twice, tried to get this running.

It just shows the splash screen and......nothing.

Just sits.

Used the home key at the splash screen and the console display is corrupted and garbled, cannot read it.Had to uninstall did not work for me.

Regards

ED

New build is coming soon...

I have subscribed to the Horizon DataSys Forum(developers of RollBack Rx) and put up a post asking about if the RollBack Rx 10.2 works on SSD Drives with TRIM. Will update here once I receive a reply.

I have subscribed to the Horizon DataSys Forum(developers of RollBack Rx) and put up a post asking about if the RollBack Rx 10.2 works on SSD Drives with TRIM. Will update here once I receive a reply.

I just reply in your thread go and read it quickly before they deleted

I'm so sorry it doesn't work in SSD with TRIM see this proof and read the whole thread

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...47#post2265247

and please developers be honest to your faithful clients and stop denying it

Sorry I just got to this post. Your right that link no longer exists. What did it say to what I have discovered about Trim? Thanks.

New updated build of Rollback Rx 10.2 is here.

Bugs fixed

1. Typical setup disables Windows Restore
1(a) Custom setup prompt users to disable Windows Restore
2. Modified Advanced settings; free space is below "xx" setting to allow easy change
3. Added command line switch for subsystem's different graphic modes
4. Fixed issue when desktop display changes to "Medium 125%", the top part of the pie chart is missing

5. Subsystem does a defrag on every reboot
6. Blue screen 0x0000609 on Windows 8 when mounting or defragging a snapshot
7. Subsys-en-us.xml setup font size does not work
8. Snapshot tables compression library error
9. Windows 8 64bit GPT Windows setup fails
10. Subsystem setup shows garbage text

• Administrator

New updated build of Rollback Rx 10.2 is here.

Bugs fixed

1. Typical setup disables Windows Restore

1(a) Custom setup prompt users to disable Windows Restore

2. Modified Advanced settings; free space is below "xx" setting to allow easy change

3. Added command line switch for subsystem's different graphic modes

4. Fixed issue when desktop display changes to "Medium 125%", the top part of the pie chart is missing

5. Subsystem does a defrag on every reboot

6. Blue screen 0x0000609 on Windows 8 when mounting or defragging a snapshot

7. Subsys-en-us.xml setup font size does not work

8. Snapshot tables compression library error

9. Windows 8 64bit GPT Windows setup fails

10. Subsystem setup shows garbage text

What's the bulid number for this update ?

What's the bulid for this version 10.2 ?

From HDS forum on the latest release,

Hi Everyone!

We just uploaded a new build of RollBack Rx with several new fixes. The build number will stay the same, however, you can check here the list of changes and bugs fixed here: http://www.horizondatasys.com/en/rollback_buglist.ihtml

Let us know about it here and if you have any questions, please be sure to PM me. I'd be happy to personally help you!

Download: http://www.horizondatasys.com/Files/...llbackv102.zip

Best Regards,

Gonzalo.

Those who use Rollback Rx for the first time must read the product limitations in userguide before the installation.Though the userguide hasn't been updated for the latest build version at this moment,it is recommended that you read.Here is the link to userguide

But they still haven't fixed the SSD drive issue have they? Whereas Trim doesn't really work as has been proven.

I could use a license if anyone has a spare....lol, yea right huh? I assume they are all gone!

Anyone woking on a crack/kg for this new v10.2? Thanx

Edited by locoJoe