How to change system font color in windows 8?

rudrax

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudrax

• DKT27

• johnse7en

• Zex

Top Posters In This Topic

No setting found in Font..

also no setting in Windows 8 manager. :console:

I tried this method

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors and change the RGB Value of "Title Text"

The default RGB velue was (0 0 0 BLACK) Black text I converted it to (255 0 0 = RED)

After reboot I found no change but accidentally after sometime I was downloading winrar and I noticed that the color was changed as below

LJdXw0A.jpgW6ybrjP.jpg

How to know colors RGB value? Very simple just open "Paint" click on "Edit Color" there you'll find RGB value for every color in edit color windows

FMj2gtj.jpg

@tezza, thank you.

@zex, That sucks!

@johnse7en, I did the tweak and waiting for the change :lol:

Thank you everyone for replying :)

@johnse7en, that tweak actually just changes the title text color of active IDM download window - nothing else. Other system title bar text color remains the same.

Currently, I don't wanna patch system files.

Edited by rudrax

• Administrator

This is new to me. Why did Microsoft remove this useful option. :huh: Not just text, changing just any window's color and other stuff seems to have been removed.

This is new to me. Why did Microsoft remove this useful option. :huh: Not just text, changing just any window's color and other stuff seems to have been removed.

That's really a pain in @$$ :angry:

• Administrator

Again, I openly reject Microsoft's shameless ways to take away the easy customization and control from the users.

Again, I openly reject Microsoft's shameless ways to take away the easy customization and control from the users.

+1

As it turned out after searching the whole web, it's not possible to change the title bar text color of windows 8 without patching the system files. So, I, finally compromised to patch my system files. Now, I'm enjoying a lots of 3rd party themes.

• Administrator

If you are talking about UXTheme Patcher then it's quite a basic thing, I remember using it on almost all the Windows OSs I've used so far.

@johnse7en, that tweak actually just changes the title text color of active IDM download window - nothing else. Other system title bar text color remains the same.

Yes you are right even I changed the value of everything to "255.0.0" in registry Editor

only personalize windows and Internet explorer color was changed.