Internet Download Manager 6.17 Build 3

jalaffa

• Replies 40
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you two guys personally test IDM and your personally liked download manager and see which one is able to download faster, and let us know about the results? I would love to hear which excels in the main subject of download acceleration. :)

First thing is, IDM is the fastest download manager in the planet. So, for the users with slower bandwidth, it rocks! For the users having fast bandwidth, it won't matter that much, yet for downloading larger file, it's ideal.

The next thing is, yes, it creats a lot of registry entries for downloads but CCleaner is there with CCEnhancer plug in to take care of that.

The last thing is, there is a issue of data corruption with a running download. I was downloading a 150 MB file that day with IDM and when it completed downloading 99.97% data corruption occurred and IDM restarted downloading from the beginning. Actually, it wasn't the fault of IDM. It was the fault of the AV that I'm using. Then I have added exception for c:\\users\user\appdata\roaming\IDM path and that was the solution for that.

I've tested EagleGet and found it faster than IDM and also it shows correct connection speed when downloading.

The thing that turned me off from using it is that it is in beta(has many bugs)... <_<

Also there is FlareGet that also reports correct downloading speeds and is similar to IDM gui, but its inconvenient for me.

CCleaner cant remove IDM logs and registry entries as I've found loads of them after using CCleaner.

Data corruption occurs because of antivirus like you said... But I find it pretty disappointing for the antivirus company to block the file before downloading completes, rendering the download useless.

I've tested EagleGet and found it faster than IDM and also it shows correct connection speed when downloading.

The thing that turned me off from using it is that it is in beta(has many bugs)... <_<

Let the bugs be fixed first, then we will talk about it latter.

Also there is FlareGet that also reports correct downloading speeds and is similar to IDM gui, but its inconvenient for me.

Well, reporting correct download speed isn't that necessary feature to have from a download manager - or is it?

CCleaner cant remove IDM logs and registry entries as I've found loads of them after using CCleaner.

With the use of CCEnhancer too?

Capture.png

Data corruption occurs because of antivirus like you said... But I find it pretty disappointing for the antivirus company to block the file before downloading completes, rendering the download useless.

Me too :(

Let the bugs be fixed first, then we will talk about it latter.

Well, reporting correct download speed isn't that necessary feature to have from a download manager - or is it?

With the use of CCEnhancer too?

1. "Let the bugs be fixed first, then we will talk about it later." :lol:

You could try it, as most bugs have been fixed by now, or wait for stable which should be out soon...

2. If you clicked the little link I've provided you would see that I've reported higher speeds than IDM and EagleGet [Also correct downloading speed]

3. I don't want to get that bloat on a freshly installed system. So I'll ask you to do it for me if you have IDM installed. After using any method possible, search for IDM Data (Not sure if IDM Data but its something similar) in registry and post results.

Add:

4. Creates tons of logs and registry entries for files downloaded. [This is the main reason I stopped using it]

how do I know it ??? Can you share the tutorials. ;)

Thanx. Is,t just me or is downloads getting a bit slower :rolleyes:

I still see 6.15 in the title window, but under help>about it is correct.

I've been installing the updates over previous versions without needing to reapply the patch.

BTW, which patch should I use if installing a clean copy?

unknownasphyxiated

I still see 6.15 in the title window, but under help>about it is correct.

I've been installing the updates over previous versions without needing to reapply the patch.

BTW, which patch should I use if installing a clean copy?

any patch on the fp

chlorophyll

ive noticed a lot of youtube videos split the video from audio which is pain in the a**

anything to remedy this cant in IDM. (bring the audio video back together)

s me too suffering lotttt with this issue.one thing i wanna know.is this da issue with utube or idm?i want it to be fixed quickly very badly

Still my problem not solved.pls anyone help me.

unknownasphyxiated

Still my problem not solved.pls anyone help me.

i never face this problem with chrome / ff portable

both work for me

maybe you need to uninstall completely idm and idm extension then reinstall

• Administrator

Why don't you guys try Youtube Center for Greasemonkey and download youtube videos from it? When you click download, it will open IDM and IDM will download for you.

Why don't you guys try Youtube Center for Greasemonkey and download youtube videos from it? When you click download, it will open IDM and IDM will download for you.

Nice suggestion, also works with tampermonkey. thanks. :)

chlorophyll

finally problem SOLVED

Thanks for the update :wub:

Archived