PC Shuts down when playing Source Games

insanedown58

insanedown58

Alright. Now you need to monitor your CPU uses when the system runs on fire. You can get the CPU uses by respective program in the Task manager. Look for the programs that uses the CPU more and post a screenshot (when your system is heating up) here too.

Are you sure, your system isn't infected?

You are running a repacked game - did you scanned it for infections before installing?

I currently am not infected. I scanned with Hitman Pro and Emsisoft and they returned clean. Also, the uploader of the repack had a Trusted Skull in TPB.

• Replies 37
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have the same issue running other games which has similar graphics to Half Life 2?

insanedown58

Do you have the same issue running other games which has similar graphics to Half Life 2?

The closest I can compare it to is Left 4 Dead which runs smooth as silk.

So, it is sure that your system is fine. If something is wrong, it is that repacked game.

insanedown58

So, it is sure that your system is fine. If something is wrong, it is that repacked game.

If its the repacked game then why does it also happen in Black Mesa Source? Its also what I thought at first. BM (Black Mesa Source) was made from the Source SDK used on Half Life Episode Two (I think its 2007 since that was what was needed)

The only problem here is your temperature. I tried to tell you, and you don't listen. Something is wrong with your cooling, especially CPU. Maybe thermal paste needs replacing, or you cooler is not attached properly, or something broke on it.

Cheers ;)

MasterFaster

Buy a new cpu cooler (like CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO) and add a couple of case fans to your case (I suppose that you have a tower case)

What you have to check before buying a new cpu cooler is the height of the cpu cooler and if it can fit in your tower case. Also if you have ram sticks with high profile heatsinks, then you probably have to install them in ram slots 3&4 (if you have four ram slots), else there will be a conflict with the new cpu cooler.

insanedown58

The only problem here is your temperature. I tried to tell you, and you don't listen. Something is wrong with your cooling, especially CPU. Maybe thermal paste needs replacing, or you cooler is not attached properly, or something broke on it.

Cheers ;)

I contacted the person who assembled this and he told me he'll take a look :).

jimbojet2011

We are talking about a integrated graphics in the CPU the 'AMD Radeon HD 7480D'

So you cant talk about different temps.

Its one the CPU and the GPU ( from AMD )

In the whole story i dont see the PSU coming around the corner.

Maybe he doesnt have the right Volts or Watts ( but you checked it with OCCT ) so if you did it correctly it should have been ok.

Do you use a stock cooler or did you by a new cooler (check out this one http://cdromland.nl/productinfo/951453/Gelid_Solutions/CPU_Cooler_Gelid_Solutions_Black_Edition the one I use) my fx8350 from AMD is idle 35 and @full load around 60 )

Sometimes you cant trust software so buy or lend a cpu cooler and try it again.

I read something about that CPU and that ( is a problem with AMD's implementation of the sensors )

Is the CPU still under warranty?

In many cases 3 years ( if it is just get another one or by the newest from AMD )

Keep me informed ok and try to find something out about the implementation of the sensors )

And BTW can you tell me more about your mainboard please

We will find the problem just use your common sense and a lot of love

insanedown58

The APU is 3 Months old. I am using the stock cooler and I think I saw some warranty thing in the box.

It's a very good idea to go with legal warranty before you do any experiment with your APU which might void warranty terms.

• Administrator

So it was the drivers or something else?

If its the repacked game then why does it also happen in Black Mesa Source? Its also what I thought at first. BM (Black Mesa Source) was made from the Source SDK used on Half Life Episode Two (I think its 2007 since that was what was needed)

This is not about all repacked game. This is about that repacked game only. Try playing demo one.

Archived