Opera 15.0.1147.130

jalaffa

The most full-featured Internet power tool on the market, Opera includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. And because we know that our users have different needs, you can customize the look and content of your Opera browser with a few clicks of the mouse. Opera is designed with your life in mind. The day is short and productivity is essential, so let the Opera Web browser help you tackle your 'to do' list.

Thanks to nanana1 for the update.

Download

• Replies 35
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's build 15.0.1147.130. :showoff:

Compared to its previous beta versions, this final version release feels fast and furious. :wub:

Changelog here : http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/unified/1500/

Everything for this browser is new:

• New rendering engine based on WebKit
  • New user interface
  • New capabilities
  • New features
  • Improved site compatibility
  • Silent auto updates

As Opera has recreated its desktop browser, features will be introduced selectively and iteratively.

New features:
Combined address and search bar
Opera 15 combines the address and search bar, allowing for multiple predictive results that can be filtered by search engine. This bar includes options for adding current pages to Opera's Speed Dial or Stash, and expandable page information.
Enhanced Speed Dial
Opera 15 allows you to combine Speed Dial entries into groups, and introduces a search function that filters through entries.
Stash
Opera 15 introduces Stash - a feature that records the location, meta data, and a screenshot of a page. It places this information into a collapsable list entry on the browser's Start Page, that can be searched by keyword and/or scanned visually by screenshot.
Discover
A recommender service is included with Opera 15. Discover displays news and topical content that can be filtered by category or location/language.
Off-Road mode
Opera 15 adopts the server-side compression technology used by Opera Mobile.

It's build 15.0.1147.130. :showoff:

But for Mac it is 15.0.1147.132 so 15.0 Build 1147 seems ok...

So will this autoupdate from 12.15? If not do we have to uninstall first?

No autoupdate for now. Suggest you keep both versions since Opera 15 is still very basic in its features offering. :P

No , just download autoupdate file here.

Put to ( I use x86 machine, dont know if x64): C:\Program Files\Opera

Run as administrator Opera_15.0.1147.130_Autoupdate.exe.

And voooilaa.. you have new Opera with new UI like chrome. :D

U4nvE55.png

Delete Opera_15.0.1147.130_Autoupdate.exe. if you have done it.

No autoupdate for now. Suggest you keep both versions since Opera 15 is still very basic in its features offering. :P

Yeah that's why I asked didn't know if you could run both side by side or if it would upgrade, though eventually I see the need to move away from 12.15 as there will probably be bugs, exploits, etc. that would mean everyone should uninstall it.

Yeah that's why I asked didn't know if you could run both side by side or if it would upgrade, though eventually I see the need to move away from 12.15 as there will probably be bugs, exploits, etc. that would mean everyone should uninstall it.

From Opera :

"We have neither asked nor forced our 12.x users to upgrade to Opera 15, as we know that some features that are important to you are still to come. So, while you are very welcome to test and use Opera 15, Opera 12.x will still be alive for some time. You can expect that we will keep Opera 12.x up to date and secure. In the future, once we are comfortable with the feature set, we may ask you to upgrade."

Thanks for the update. x64 and x32 installers have been merged? :O

Thanks for the update. x64 and x32 installers have been merged? :o

No x64 atm, only x32 offfered now. B)

so new opera is using chromium engine?

anyway , i give this version a fast ride and i ditch it in the side way :D

they just castrate opera , gives almost zero maneuvers :angry: , even my bookmark needed a plugin in order to be added to opera 15.. :wtf:

and NO fonts selection / customization :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

opera 15 is worst the google chrome when consider the "light" appearance ;)

Opera 15 is the first version of the chromium engine.

The ability to create folders in the new Speed Dial is rather cool. :wub:

Patience is a much needed virtue here with Opera. B)

if so ... do they spy on us like google does with google chrome ? OR they keep their browser clean of spying tools? any idea?? :huh:

if so ... do they spy on us like google does with google chrome ? OR they keep their browser clean of spying tools? any idea?? :huh:

See Opera policy on privacy : http://www.opera.com/privacy

opera policy (head lines) :

The Opera browser offers excellent features for the protection of privacy and security when using Opera in the Internet environment. It is the policy of Opera Software to process personal data for purposes that are objectively justified by Opera Software’s service and to perform the processing in accordance with fundamental respect for the right to privacy, including the need to protect personal integrity and private life and to ensure that personal data are of adequate quality.

and most disturbing one

Opera Software has strict restrictions on access to user data. Only a limited number of Opera employees have access.

marshall39

I've seen a lot of good stuff becoming bad stuff (Windows 7 =>Windows 8 for exemple) but Opera wow what happened? tested it , uninstalled 15 minutes after. All the thing that made Opera a great browser disappeared!

Opera download

This opera download guide has even more options.

I prefer this one.

Edit:

hehe, I just say it, it's still v12 :)

I hope v15 get added soon.

What ever happend to v13 and v14?

Seems like they jumped after Opera started with Chromium.

I have to agree with marshall39

Opera 15 completely revamped the UI and it's not recognizable anymore. There are very few configurations, no toolbar, tabs look f-ugly and the whole browser looks f-ugly as sin.

I'm sticking with version 12.15 build 1748 until they get their act together. I can't believe what they did to the user interface. Unbelievable!! :angry:

Archived