Here's how the new Windows Blue Start Button may work

tezza

I know there are still doubters out there, but from everything I've heard, the rumored Start Button is going to be part of Windows Blue, a k a Windows 8.1.

I've heard from one of my good sources that the Start Button, as well as a new boot-straight-to-desktop option are included in the most recent internal "Milestone Preview" builds of Windows 8.1.

What we haven't heard many leaks about is how this new Start Button will work. While sources have emphasized that the Start Button won't work the way the current Windows Start Button does -- by opening up a Start Menu -- that's about all we've heard.

I've been trying to glean details on how the new Start Button will work. Here's what I've heard from one of my primary Windows Blue sources, who has been dead-on about all the Blue information he's shared.

The new Start Button supposedly will look just like the Start Button that is currently part of the Charms menu in Windows 8: An angled, stylized window (like the one at the top of this post). It likely will be turned on by default, but can be turned off for those who like the Start Button-free design that debuted with Windows 8.

This new button will sit on the taskbar in Windows 8.1, in the same place and in the same way that the "old"/current Start Button does with Windows 7.

When users are on the Start Screen or inside of a Metro-Style/Windows Store app, according to my source, the new Start Button won't be visible. It only will become visible if/when a user moves the mouse to the bottom left corner. Instead of seeing the thumbnail of apps that Windows 8 users see when the mouse over the left corner, they'll supposedly see the new Start Button instead.

There's also going to be an "All Apps" view that users will have the option to use instead of the tiled interface, my source said. This is the same All Apps view that users can get in Windows 8 now when they bring up the app bar and select "All Apps." In Windows Blue -- as previous leaked builds have shown -- users can get to it by swiping up on the Start Screen. (The screen shot above of the All Apps view is courtesy of the Windows SuperSite.)

But Microsoft plans to allow users to show "All Apps" by default for those who don't want the tiled interface, my source said. In this view, selecting the Start Button will bring up the Start Screen with a list of apps with icons, and no tiles. Users will be able to arrange the icons by usage, allowing the most commonly used apps to be first. This view is the closest users will get to the Windows 7 Start Menu, even though it will be full-screen, instead of a list.

Boot-straight-to-desktop is in the Windows Blue Milestone Preview builds, too, my source confirmed. And it supposedly works just like it sounds: Users can opt to see the Desktop, and not the Metro-Style Start Screen when their PCs/tablets start up. Clicking the Start Button in this view takes users to the Metro Style Start Screen, even though users start on the desktop.

There's one more interesting UI tweak that may come with Blue, my source said. Microsoft is expected to allow users to use the same background across both the Metro Start Screen and the Desktop with Blue. The idea is by doing so, moving between the two environments would feel less jarring.

I asked Microsoft officials if they wanted to comment on my source's information. No word back so far, but I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.zdnet.com/heres-how-the-new-windows-blue-start-button-may-work-7000016042/

3Lj9ayN.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 8.1 Start Button Leaked

luY23IB.jpg

A new screenshot showing what seems to be the Windows 8.1 Start button reached the web a few minutes ago, confirming that Microsoft will indeed bring this new option in the next Windows release.

Paul Thurrott of WinSuperSite.com writes that the Start button will look exactly like the Start Charm and will obviously be placed in the same place like the previous versions available in Windows 7.

It appears that Microsoft is planning to offer the Start button with a dedicated option to allow users to disable it, just in case they love the Windows 8 design so much that they don't need this old feature back.

According to the report, the Start button is available in Milestone Preview build of Windows 8.1, so expect a new ISO to get leaked anytime soon. Microsoft is projected to officially unveil it at the BUILD developer conference in late June.

Info Source: Softpedia

• Administrator

Threads merged. ;)

• Administrator

New Start experience? Windows Blue is looking more like Windows Blah

Those still hoping for a Windows 7-styled Start experience for Windows 8.1—a.k.a. Windows Blue—will apparently be disappointed, according to two new reports filed Wednesday.

ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurrott both reported that Windows 8.1 does include both a boot-to-desktop option and a Start button, as previously suspected. But the Start button essentially just moves the Start charm from the right-hand portion of the screen, where it's normally hidden, to a more prominent role in the the left-hand, bottom corner of the screen.

Foley did say that users will be able to reorganize the traditional "Metro" Start page, by default, into an "all apps" view, which will veer somewhat closer to the Windows 7 Start experience. And both Thurrott and Foley seem to indicate that both the Desktop as well as the Start screen will be able to share common background images, making the transition from one to the other more natural. (To enable the "All Apps" view within Windows 8, go to the Start screen, type a and click or touch the "all apps" button in the lower right.)

To recap: To switch from the Desktop to the Start screen under Windows 8, users can do one of two things—find the Start charm by sliding the Charms in from the right-hand portion of the screen, or by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard.

With the changes coming to Windows 8.1, users can also slide their finger or cursor to the bottom left-hand corner and trigger the Start menu as well, via the Start charm that will now live there and be visible by default, according to Foley. Hovering over the Start charm causes the button to change color, with a black background and the accent color used on the flag logo, Thurrott wrote.

Windows Blah?

In all, the alleged UI changes coming in Windows 8.1 don't appear all that spectacular. Microsoft is simply taking elements that already existed within the UI and exposing them to the user: hand-holding between the Start page and the Desktop, for example. Those who disliked Windows 8's schizophrenic interface will still have the same complaints in Windows 8.1.

If Foley's report is true, however, the most substantive change will be the reorganization of the Start menu, exposing all of a user's apps and making them easily accessible. Organizing them by how often they're used, as Foley indicates, would go some way toward making the list of apps more useful.

fVB5jLA.png

Windows 8's "All Apps" view.

To Microsoft's credit (or not), boot-to-desktop may be a superfluous feature at this point. Those users who have used Windows 8 can probably figure out to enable the Desktop with just a button click or touch upon booting. But if it's a matter of convenience, I'm all for it. Booting Windows 8 requires swiping away the splash screen, entering a password (if you choose to enable this), then working within the Start screen or jumping right to the Desktop.

According to one developer, Windows 8.1 actually hides a ton of stuff under the hood: possible support for 4K screens, scanner support, better lock screen UI, and so on. But for now, the UI changes in Windows 8.1 sound like little more than just a few tweaks. Will PC buyers wait for Windows 8.1 or pass it over altogether? We'll find out in a few months, when the final version hits the streets. Until then, we'll have to wait for a preview version of OS update to be released at Microsoft BUILD at the end of the month.

view.gif View: Original Article

Can't you do that in a regular Windows 8 by disabling the metroUI?

nube

To recap still worthless start button...MS can keep that crap.

you r another one that winds me up.dont no shit about wind 8.but feels the need to think u do. :angry:

• Administrator

you r another one that winds me up.dont no shit about wind 8.but feels the need to think u do. :angry:

Thing is, Start Button itself is useless, we need a full Start Menu back, not just the button.

Thing is, Start Button itself is useless, we need a full Start Menu back, not just the button.

Summarizes the whole issue...

Those still hoping for a Windows 7-styled Start experience for Windows 8.1—a.k.a. Windows Blue—will apparently be disappointed, according to two new reports filed Wednesday.

The fact of the matter is that neither the Start Menu nor the Start button is essential - what is really required though, is just the programmatic codes for the same ( just like the one now existing in Windows 8 ) - remember initial rumors described that Microsoft was gonna completely eradicate not only the Start Menu & Start button, but also the underlying codes ( that would have been really bad news compared to the present situation, which is far better. )

The native Start Menu from Microsoft is lousy, lacks in features and never ever kept updated - that's the pure & simple reason why 3rd party alternatives are superior and bring more options & varieties like StartIsBack, Start8, etc., etc.

The fact of the matter is that neither the Start Menu nor the Start button is essential - what is really required though, is just the programmatic codes for the same ( just like the one now existing in Windows 8 ) - remember initial rumors described that Microsoft was gonna completely eradicate not only the Start Menu & Start button, but also the underlying codes ( that would have been really bad news compared to the present situation, which is far better. )

The native Start Menu from Microsoft is lousy, lacks in features and never ever kept updated - that's the pure & simple reason why 3rd party alternatives are superior and bring more options & varieties like StartIsBackabsolutely, Start8, etc., etc

absolutely right.customization is what its all about <_<

• Administrator

The native Start Menu from Microsoft is lousy, lacks in features and never ever kept updated - that's the pure & simple reason why 3rd party alternatives are superior and bring more options & varieties like StartIsBack, Start8, etc., etc.

Windows 8.1 is said to have no Start Menu codes present. Also, Microsoft runs on a burning tava of it's users, think of the backlash if it had actually prevented Start Menu softwares from working.

Sure, but you don't get the point - reach and defaults. Not everyone has reach to start menu softwares (otherwise it's downloads would have been more than just 20 odd millions). And at defaults, you could allow everyone to enjoy the experience - not just people who like customization.

Your customers are blessed with an expert, think of those who aren't? Even with the bloody start button in Windows Blue, how many noobs are going to manage to customize it?

I'm never against customization, I support it, but I worry about those knowing nothing about the OS, having it forced to them, via, lets say, a new purchase of the PC. You just don't expect everyone to customize or reach to your level.

Windows 8.1 is said to have no Start Menu codes present. Also, Microsoft runs on a burning tava of it's users, think of the backlash if it had actually prevented Start Menu softwares from working.

Aren't you aware that some 3rd party Start Menu alternatives work regardless of absence of the Star Menu codes - then, what backlash are we referring to, here? :dunno:

If the codes are absent just a handful of Start Menu alternatives (for example StartIsBack) are adversely affected - others (for example Start8) continue to work with impunity.

Sure, but you don't get the point - reach and defaults. Not everyone has reach to start menu softwares (otherwise it's downloads would have been more than just 20 odd millions). And at defaults, you could allow everyone to enjoy the experience - not just people who like customization.

Your customers are blessed with an expert, think of those who aren't? Even with the bloody start button in Windows Blue, how many noobs are going to manage to customize it?

I'm never against customization, I support it, but I worry about those knowing nothing about the OS, having it forced to them, via, lets say, a new purchase of the PC. You just don't expect everyone to customize or reach to your level.

Worrying about how the n00bs of the world are going to be able to customize the Modern UI and being obsessed with Metro are 2 completely different things - frankly DKT27, you need to take a hard look at man in the mirror (I see a very demented human who has only Metro in his vocabulary whenever he has to say a few words on Windows 8.)

Coming back to the common man, obsession is not gonna help him - one needs to reach out and hand-hold such challenged individuals (Microsoft has a fling-into-the-sea policy.) They just introduce innovations and expect us to be able to swim - they did this with Windows 95, XP became a success (credit goes to Windows 95 - not XP.) They repeated it with Vista, Windows 7 became a success (credit goes to Vista - not Windows 7.)

Windows 95 and Vista did not succeed mostly because humans, by nature have a default resistance towards change-management - many come with a very lean learning curve. Well, what about me and you (fcuk the common man and his goddamned downloads) - just . . . . . . what does the man in the mirror have to say???

Edit:

I'll just state what mine has to say (I'm an Optimist and believe that [like others] I'll fall, too - only, I've resolved to invariably pick up something while getting up):-

Life is like a tsunami

Most drown - the good ones survive

The Greats come back to testify how they learned to swim up against tidal waves

shorty6100

I'll certainly download 8.1, but I imagine I'll still be using Startisback.

I'll certainly download 8.1, but I imagine I'll still be using Startisback.

Maybe, maybe not

"Let's wait for 8.1 release and I hope it won't feel so rushed, despite very short development time. Let's hope we will have StartIsBack.Next by then."

Tihiy

@ tezza

Actually Tihiy is right on that count - Microsoft have been known to make a U-turn at the very last moment (as in Windows 8 when they cancelled the Aero development, mid-way to the RTM release.) :think:

Beamslider
Bottom line all the fuss around Windows 8 is about choice and with Windows 8 Microsoft has decided to make the choice for you. This is long run about control. MS has taken away of lot configuration tools and options as well making it harder to configure what you like because they want uniformity.

There is a regular desktop with Windows 8 but there it seems more an afterthought rather than meant to be usable. Seems the only had to keep it to keep regular applications from breaking for now. Not much you can do in the desktop without pinning applications to the task bar as everything is pinned to the start screen in metro requiring extra steps and effort to get to. Yes you can pin apps to the task bar but not the same level of access as having the start menu. Using Charms is a pain with a mouse/keyboard. Closing an APP well apps don’t have the red x anymore. You have to click on the top of the screen while in the program, drag all the way down to the bottom of the screen, and 'throw it away'. Something that used to take one nanosecond now takes extra steps and several seconds. These type of kludges add up in wasted time fast.

The main issue with Windows 8 is that MS is trying to make it the same across all platforms from phone, tablet, laptop/desktop. This is unworkable. Touchscreen for Desktop especially is not the way that users are going to interact. Holding your hands out in front of you to interact with a vertical touchscreen is painful after a couple of minutes. Laying a 22” plus monitor down on the desk is not workable either. Windows 8 is a great tablet OS.

I do not need nor want a desktop that has screens sliding all over the place and live tiles blinking and winking at me. It is a distraction and harder to use for anything serious. Nor do I want a bunch of apps that use the entire desktop space and aren’t limited to windows in the desktop. The whole metro concept is good for consumption of media, web and social networking but not for working on a computer. So Metro is more of a media consumption item.

Bottom line the code is in Windows 8 as all the menu replacement programs use it to supply the menu. All Microsoft has to do is make it a choice. Simply give an install option to use the start menu and boot to desktop. This would satisfy most users. But it doesn't fit in with the MS concept of total control by steering all users to Windows Store and garbage apps that make money for MS. Also if they can end up in the long run controlling all installations of apps/applications the make big bucks and the user is screwed.

MS has taken away of lot configuration tools and options as well making it harder to configure what you like because they want uniformity.

Which configurations tools and options are you referring to? I've got every option at my finger-tips. :unsure:

Not much you can do in the desktop without pinning applications to the task bar as everything is pinned to the start screen in metro requiring extra steps and effort to get to. Yes you can pin apps to the task bar but not the same level of access as having the start menu.

Here, pinning - whether to the Task Bar or the Start Menu is a cinch (as fast - if not faster than Windows 7.)

Using Charms is a pain with a mouse/keyboard. Closing an APP well apps don’t have the red x anymore. You have to click on the top of the screen while in the program, drag all the way down to the bottom of the screen, and 'throw it away'. Something that used to take one nanosecond now takes extra steps and several seconds. These type of kludges add up in wasted time fast.

What's the reason for keeping the Charms Bar enabled? I've never seen my Start Screen, Lock Screen, Tiles, Toasts, Charms Bar, ModernUI - in fact, anything remotely metro for the past 4 months. :dunno:

Touchscreen for Desktop especially is not the way that users are going to interact. Holding your hands out in front of you to interact with a vertical touchscreen is painful after a couple of minutes. Laying a 22” plus monitor down on the desk is not workable either. Windows 8 is a great tablet OS.

I do not need nor want a desktop that has screens sliding all over the place and live tiles blinking and winking at me. It is a distraction and harder to use for anything serious. Nor do I want a bunch of apps that use the entire desktop space and aren’t limited to windows in the desktop.

What's the reason for not being able to configure your system as a full-blooded Desktop by being rid of the Touch Screen part completely?

MidnightDistortions

Well all was good with Microsoft is slowly disappearing but I wasn't expecting much of a change with 8.1 and it doesn't change users ability to customize 8 or 8.1 or switching to either Linux or iOS. I don't have a link currently but some PC venders want to give users options on what OS they want to use. We might even see dual booting on brand PCs so users can simply try what OS they prefer. Right now its just Linux or Windows and Windows is currently the best with software compatibility but that could change with the way MS is changing Windows around.

While I do care what MS is doing with Windows I'm opening my scope to different possibilities. The start screen is not anything the desktop is already capable of and there's plenty of reason that the desktop is still superior to the touch UI.

It's quite funny how some users claim that the desktop is an old archaic system but I always find myself using a desktop UI compared to touch. In fact while tablets are great in portability compared to laptops Id rather stick with laptops. If I'm at home I'll use a desktop PC with a desktop UI. Using touch on a desktop just doesn't feel right.

• Administrator

Aren't you aware that some 3rd party Start Menu alternatives work regardless of absence of the Star Menu codes - then, what backlash are we referring to, here? :dunno:

If the codes are absent just a handful of Start Menu alternatives (for example StartIsBack) are adversely affected - others (for example Start8) continue to work with impunity.

Worrying about how the n00bs of the world are going to be able to customize the Modern UI and being obsessed with Metro are 2 completely different things - frankly DKT27, you need to take a hard look at man in the mirror (I see a very demented human who has only Metro in his vocabulary whenever he has to say a few words on Windows 8.)

Coming back to the common man, obsession is not gonna help him - one needs to reach out and hand-hold such challenged individuals (Microsoft has a fling-into-the-sea policy.) They just introduce innovations and expect us to be able to swim - they did this with Windows 95, XP became a success (credit goes to Windows 95 - not XP.) They repeated it with Vista, Windows 7 became a success (credit goes to Vista - not Windows 7.)

Windows 95 and Vista did not succeed mostly because humans, by nature have a default resistance towards change-management - many come with a very lean learning curve. Well, what about me and you (fcuk the common man and his goddamned downloads) - just . . . . . . what does the man in the mirror have to say???

Edit:

I'll just state what mine has to say (I'm an Optimist and believe that [like others] I'll fall, too - only, I've resolved to invariably pick up something while getting up):-

Life is like a tsunami

Most drown - the good ones survive

The Greats come back to testify how they learned to swim up against tidal waves

The rumour was, Microsoft would prevent Start Menu apps from working. The point has nothing to do with code removal. My point is, think how much backlash MS would have faced if they prevented Start8 like softwares from working. And let me tell you, the rumour wasn't a plain one, it had come directly from the top, from the insides, there were also some talks about MS releasing patches only to prevent Start Menu softwares from working. A lot of it has to suggest that after lot of angry complains and backlash from the users, MS had decided not to go that way. If you think MS didn't decide against it, then do read news about latest Xbox, for which, after a lot of backlash from the consumers, Microsoft has come out and openly said they are re-consider few things.

The removed codes is a different part of the subject. Though I'm not happy that SiB won't work on Windows 8, Start8 will not be effected, hence, I don't care about that problem that much.

I can go on to describe other points too. But knowing how Windows 8 fanboys and backers are here only to shutup others, I keep my aims to just one main issue. Sure, Windows 8 has many issues, lack of Aero, crappy looks, UAC requirement, half Metro / half desktop connected services, really crappy bugs, gimmicky fast boot (I can say that maybe people with UEFI don't suffer from this problem), altered system functions, heavy improvements on metro side but except some subjects, total lack of care for the desktop, etc. But I don't, cause it's already discussed and there's no point discussing as not all may have similar views about it or maybe feeling the same, so repeating the same makes no sense. Plus as you repeat all the time, we can change things they way we want.

I know you are not in support of the Metro. But even from Windows 95 to Vista, all had gradual innovations and implementations. What Windows 8 did with Metro was a total mockery of innovation. Microsoft didn't care about desktop. As I had told you, there were said to be two teams working on Windows 8, one working on the desktop and one working on the Metro. And the main desktop team wasn't even told that Start Menu was going to be replaced with shitty Metro. Microsoft, as a company, only cared for mobile devices in Windows 8, it was the backend team which was caring for us all. In all the conferences, you might not have seen, but I've covered everything from the time Windows 8 was rumoured for the first time, all Microsoft talked about how they run it on mobile SoC devices, how they are bring the Metro, how Metro is good for the touchscreen, how Metro is godsent from the holy angels of the purest breed, how unicorns shit Metro instead of rainbows and stuff. What was their reaction when asked about desktop? Oh yeah, there's desktop too. :huh:

Something similar is happening with Windows Blue, all Metro, no major talks about about desktop. However, we already have seen this happening with Windows 8, so nothing is new, and Windows Blue is an SP, so not much major thing there either.

So you tell me, who's more obsessed with Metro. Me or Microsoft.

You say we should go beyond it, sure. But why fuck the common man? To whom this whole OS is aimed at? You don't expect the common man to prevail something that he has no idea about, how can you expect them to deal with things or fix things. Forget even common man, how Microsoft is able to fool even the good users with it's Start "Button" BS speaks how much you can expect from people to deal with things.

The rumour was, Microsoft would prevent Start Menu apps from working. The point has nothing to do with code removal. My point is, think how much backlash MS would have faced if they prevented Start8 like softwares from working. And let me tell you, the rumour wasn't a plain one, it had come directly from the top, from the insides, there were also some talks about MS releasing patches only to prevent Start Menu softwares from working. A lot of it has to suggest that after lot of angry complains and backlash from the users, MS had decided not to go that way. If you think MS didn't decide against it, then do read news about latest Xbox, for which, after a lot of backlash from the consumers, Microsoft has come out and openly said they are re-consider few things.

The removed codes is a different part of the subject. Though I'm not happy that SiB won't work on Windows 8, Start8 will not be effected, hence, I don't care about that problem that much.

Kindly stop laying your bets on rumors - it's an Idiot's past-time. About Microsoft preventing Start8 - that's absolutely crass. Let's just stick to verifiable facts - to reality.

Please understand one thing very clearly - regardless of whether the codes are present or not, some Start Menu alternatives will continue to work. Hence, there's no question of any backlash - so, let's stop day-dreaming.

I can go on to describe other points too. But knowing how Windows 8 fanboys and backers are here only to shutup others, I keep my aims to just one main issue. Sure, Windows 8 has many issues, lack of Aero, crappy looks, UAC requirement, half Metro / half desktop connected services, really crappy bugs, gimmicky fast boot (I can say that maybe people with UEFI don't suffer from this problem), altered system functions, heavy improvements on metro side but except some subjects, total lack of care for the desktop, etc. But I don't, cause it's already discussed and there's no point discussing as not all may have similar views about it or maybe feeling the same, so repeating the same makes no sense. Plus as you repeat all the time, we can change things they way we want.

That's a serious accusation which I've struck down, choosing to ignore - this time. <_<

As you've yourself already admitted in the last sentence of your para, all of that can be changed (read - partially / completely disabled) - I don't see the reason for your continued whining about it. It would be perfectly understandable if a n00b were to lament about all of that - what beats me is someone belonging to a :pirate: fraternity insisting on behaving like a n00b.

FWIW, neither is UAC a requirement nor is fast boot a gimmick - nonetheless those who insist otherwise can always disable them partially / completely provided they know how to do it (so that they can stop whining about those.)

I've heard many Fags using the words 'buggy' and 'Windows 8' in the same breath - except for one, none other has ever described those so called bugs.

I know you are not in support of the Metro. But even from Windows 95 to Vista, all had gradual innovations and implementations. What Windows 8 did with Metro was a total mockery of innovation. Microsoft didn't care about desktop. As I had told you, there were said to be two teams working on Windows 8, one working on the desktop and one working on the Metro. And the main desktop team wasn't even told that Start Menu was going to be replaced with shitty Metro. Microsoft, as a company, only cared for mobile devices in Windows 8, it was the backend team which was caring for us all. In all the conferences, you might not have seen, but I've covered everything from the time Windows 8 was rumoured for the first time, all Microsoft talked about how they run it on mobile SoC devices, how they are bring the Metro, how Metro is good for the touchscreen, how Metro is godsent from the holy angels of the purest breed, how unicorns shit Metro instead of rainbows and stuff. What was their reaction when asked about desktop? Oh yeah, there's desktop too. :huh:

Something similar is happening with Windows Blue, all Metro, no major talks about about desktop. However, we already have seen this happening with Windows 8, so nothing is new, and Windows Blue is an SP, so not much major thing there either.

There you go again with the Metro shit. :frusty:

Just like Windows 8; Windows 95 and Vista were no gradual innovations and implementations - they were a radical departure from the norm.

Let me repeat to you; those who have mastered the Metro won't give a shit about it - if someone is grumbling all the time about Metro, that person is in dire need to upgrade himself / herself.

So you tell me, who's more obsessed with Metro. Me or Microsoft.

You, of course - just count the number of times you've used it in one post!!!

You say we should go beyond it, sure. But why fuck the common man? To whom this whole OS is aimed at? You don't expect the common man to prevail something that he has no idea about, how can you expect them to deal with things or fix things. Forget even common man, how Microsoft is able to fool even the good users with it's Start "Button" BS speaks how much you can expect from people to deal with things.

Microsoft has, is and will continue to fcuk the common man - what have you done about that? Is whining into our ears about the same old shit that can so easily be overcome, day in and day out - gonna alleviate his predicament . . . . . . . . no!!! In the quest for mastering Windows 8, I've configured dozens of systems, written numerous tutorial across the internet highway, trained thousands in the classrooms - what have you done?

Depending on person to person, the common man has been observed to eventually come to terms - on the other hand, Geniuses never whine.

The common man dealt with Windows 95 and mastered it with Windows XP - the Geniuses mastered Windows 95, right away.

The common man dealt with Vista and mastered it with Windows 7 - the Geniuses mastered Vista, right away.

The common man shall deal with Windows 8 and master it sooner or later - the Geniuses mastered Windows 8, right away.

I'm not the common man - are you? :coolwink:

Archived