Windows 8 customer satisfaction drops to Vista-era lows

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

A new study has found that customer satisfaction for Windows 8 has dropped to Vista-era lows, scoring just 74/100, just one point above Vista. Previously, Windows 7 peaked at 78/100 in 2011.

mpZqGe2.png

Despite sales that are on par with Windows 7, the newest version of Microsoft's OS has met with some hostile criticism. The CEOs of major companies have panned the tablet version, which has captured just 0.4% of the U.S tablet market, saying it is just not ready.

And it would seem that consumers agree. A new survey, via BGR, has revealed that customers scored Windows 8 just 74 out of 100, one point ahead of Windows Vista, which is widely regarded as one of the biggest OS failures of recent times.

9Wm3xDH.jpg

Microsoft's satisfaction rating peaked at 78 in 2011, two years into the tenure of Windows 7. Since then, things have headed downhill, dropping to 75/100 in 2012 and then down to 74/100 in 2013. While this isn't an all-time-low for Microsoft, it is a worrying drop off from 2009, after an ascent of nearly 10% from 2008-2011.

Windows 8.1 is just around the corner, however, and will come as a free upgrade. Many are speculating that Microsoft will re-introduce the Start button, which was removed when Windows 8 was released, shifting to a more touch-focused UI.

view.gifView: Original Article

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Microsoft made a mistake to have created Windows 8

----------------

(Suggestion) Why not make windows 7 better, do not remove the UI of Wind 7

Maherz updates is my new Windows 7 SP2

A new study has found that customer satisfaction for Windows 8 has dropped to Vista-era lows, scoring just 74/100, just one point above Vista. Previously, Windows 7 peaked at 78/100 in 2011.

I'm surprised it returned such a high rating of 74/100 - Windows 8 is not for n00bs. :tehe:

LazyPotato

I'm surprised it returned such a high rating of 74/100 - Windows 8 is not for n00bs. :tehe:

I'll see,I'll see. I haven't used Windows 8 yet,but I'm highly disappointed cause of the UI,I was expecting Windows 7's kickass beautiful UI.

Well if Windows 8 is too challenging for you then you should try Linux Bourne Again SHell...

mr-burns-wallpaper.gif.scaled1000.jpg

Now seriously, if you find Windows 8 callenging then you might consider switching to OS X...

tumblr_ltw9xfJCHs1qafrh6.gif

:mellow:

damn , its same , I love to say that shit over and over again... for all the W8 haters . W7 = W8 just add the start button and after 2 days u will forget u even in w8 , unless u mistakenly bring the metro gui up :)

damn , its same , I love to say that shit over and over again... for all the W8 haters . W7 = W8 just add the start button and after 2 days u will forget u even in w8 , unless u mistakenly bring the metro gui up :)

So no need to change then from Win 7. :lol:

i see no need to change from w7 => w8 unless u are doing it for fun or for "learning" purpose or u just death bored (like me when i install w8 :P )

cheers ;)

• Administrator

I've said it before and will say is again, the whole Windows 8 hate surrounds around the Metro UI. So the people who are hating Windows 8 are not wrong - they are just not aware that Metro can be disabled completely.

MidnightDistortions

What's really sad is some users actually prefer the start screen over the desktop UI so much that they want the desktop gone. :rolleyes:

I've said it before and will say is again, the whole Windows 8 hate surrounds around the Metro UI. So the people who are hating Windows 8 are not wrong - they are just not aware that Metro can be disabled completely.

absolutly right

absolutly right

newbs

got windows 8 here...no hate here...but i do not use metro as i do not have touch screen

What's really sad is some users actually prefer the start screen over the desktop UI so much that they want the desktop gone. :rolleyes:

I've come across some of my Customers (especially the younger ones) who request me to not disable the ModernUI completely - they're quite adept at using the Metro features (maybe I need to also learn their ways and develop myself.) :)

So no need to change then from Win 7. :lol:

Yeah, no need to change for those who are not looking for more performance, forward compatibility, GPT and UEFI. :coolwink:

IMO its more than that , since i read IT pro and even big company downgrade w8 to w7 .... its deeper than just install the startisback or the free ones.

LazyPotato

Well if Windows 8 is too challenging for you then you should try Linux Bourne Again SHell...

mr-burns-wallpaper.gif.scaled1000.jpg

Now seriously, if you find Windows 8 callenging then you might consider switching to OS X...

tumblr_ltw9xfJCHs1qafrh6.gif

:mellow:

It isn't funny actually -- And how can my PC run Mac product?

Yeah - truly . . . . . . . . . . . . moaning, groaning, grunting, cribbing, whining, grumbling, mumbling, laming, blaming, flaming, lamenting, crying, etc., etc.

LazyPotato

38199157.jpg

You're posting a single image to every thread,this is you -> batman_bin_suparman.jpg

Batman,son of Suparman.

• 3 weeks later...

8 is the new vista and millennium.

MS should so what consumers ask rather than dictate to us what they want.

If I went and purchased a shop and it only sold custard and when asked for different products and said, only custard will be sold here, then I will go out of business quick.

This is why people have moved permanently to linux or apple or some other ops.

Mac OS X is currently installed on 6.94 percent of computers worldwide, while Linux powers only 1.17 percent of PCs.Windows had a market share of 91.89 percent. People are not moving to linux, their marketshare has remained roughly the same as far as i know, they will continue to moan and use Windows. :D

Archived