The Gruesome Details of London's Horrifying Machete Attack

shamu726

nSRo5vF.jpg

An attack in broad daylight in London on Wednesday is drawing a swift response — and a possible terror link — from the highest authorities. Reports suggest two men chased down another man with their car before getting out, attacking him with a machete, and dragging him through the city streets.

One person is dead and two are injured after the attack, which happened in the middle of a Woolrich neighborhood street filled with eyewitnesses Wednesday afternoon. BBC political correspondent Norman Smith reports the government sources say it's "a fair supposition" the incident was a terrorist attack. One unnamed eyewitness told the BBC she saw a man being a chased by a car while walking her dog. "The car then screeched to a halt and two men got out one had some kind of sword," she said. They swung the sword, which multiple reports have suggested was a machete, at the man's head. Woolwich and Greenwich MP Nick Raynsford said the victim was believed to be a serving member of the military. The Guardian says there's a barracks about 400 meters from where the attack took place. Other government sources told the BBC's political editor Nick Robinson the men were shouting "Allahu Akbar" and were trying to record the attack. Police officers on the scene shot and subdued the two men before shutting down the surrounding area. They're now being treated for serious injuries at an undisclosed hospital. Police officers collected multiple knives and a gun from the scene of the crime.

Another eyewitness provided another gruesome take to the local radio station LBC: "These two guys were crazy, they just were not there, they were just animals. They dragged the poor guy — he was obviously dead, there was no way a human could take what they did to him. They dragged him from the pavement and dumped his body in the middle of the road and left his body there."

There was also this eyewitness account being passed around on Twitter (read from the bottom up):

aD6MJsk.jpg

In a statement, Prime Minister David Cameron called the attack "truly shocking." The Guardian reports the UK's emergency Cobra committee are meeting to discuss the alleged terrorist attack. The committee only meets for the most serious emergencies. Cameron is cutting a scheduled trip to France short and returning to London tomorrow to chair the meeting.

"The circumstances causing the incident are not yet clear. It's been suggested it was the product of a road traffic accident, but that's pure speculation," Woolrich MP Raynsford told reporters. "We think a serving soldier was the victim. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident." The Ministry of Defense has not confirmed anything about the victim's identity yet.

London's ITV obtained video of a man holding what appears to be a butcher knife and a machete with blood-soaked hands speaking into a street camera. He makes "a series of political statements," while speaking directly into the camera. "We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," he says at one point. We warn you — this is not for the faint of heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EROXP8JDG9M

Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London attack mirrors plot to behead Muslim soldier

oKIb8hg.jpg

Three men jailed in April had discussed targeting Royal Wootton Bassett, the town where UK troops -- both living and those killed in action -- are repatriated.

London (CNN) -- If a man hacked to death on a London street does turn out to be a British solider it will have echoes of other plots on British soil in recent years.

Lawmaker Nick Raynsford told CNN the victim of Wednesday's attack in Woolwich was a serving soldier based at a nearby barracks, and the UK government is treating it as a suspected terrorist attack.

In 2007 four men were imprisoned over a plot to kidnap and kill a British Muslim soldier on leave and behead him in a Birmingham garage. The group's ringleader Parviz Khan intended to behead the soldier "like a pig" and release footage of the killing on the internet.

Khan was later imprisoned for life and must serve a minimum of 14 years before he will be considered for release. Three other men, Basiru Gassama, Mohammed Irfan, and Hamid Elasmar, were handed down sentences of between two and seven years for their roles in the plot.

High Court judge Mr Justice Henriques said Khan's aim was to deter any Muslim from joining the British army.

"So rampant are your views, so excitable your temperament, so persuasive your tongue and so imbued with energy are you, it's quite impossible to predict when, if ever, it will be safe for you to be released into the public," the Guardian quoted the judge as saying.

"It was a plot whose purpose was to undermine democratic government, to demoralize the British army and to destabilize recruitment, and to cause anguish to the then prime minister of the day and the loyal citizens of the country," the judge said.

Prosecutors said Khan hoped to kidnap the Muslim soldier in Birmingham's Broad Street entertainment quarter with the help of drug dealers.

This is not the only recent example of serving soldiers being the targets of terrorist attacks. Last month three British-born men were imprisoned for between four and nine years for preparing acts of terrorism. The men, who pleaded guilty had discussed targeting Royal Wootton Bassett, a town that became a focal point for parades by UK troops returning from service in Afghanistan.

The judge, Mr. Justice Simon, said they had shown themselves to be "committed fundamentalists" ready to kill. Muslim convert Richard Dart, a former BBC security guard, and co-defandant Imran Mahmood had discussed how to make explosives, with the western English town as a potential bombing target.

Source: CNN.com

wake up people...there are factions of islam that have declared war..it makes no difference that it not a state with borders and a leader that has declared war... war has still been declared.even though it is a small group of fundamentalists who seeming have no troubles finding foot soldiers(terrorists)

Tweety.Abd

wake up people...there are factions of islam that have declared war..it makes no difference that it not a state with borders and a leader that has declared war... war has still been declared.even though it is a small group of fundamentalists who seeming have no troubles finding foot soldiers(terrorists)

The west needs to pull out all its troop out of Muslim countries, not blaming the foreign policy for this inhumane attack but this needs to be done. There's no point in having soldiers in foreign land.

The west needs to pull out all its troop out of Muslim countries, not blaming the foreign policy for this inhumane attack but this needs to be done. There's no point in having soldiers in foreign land.

That barbarian blamed supposedly was upset by our presence in Afghanistan, of course we have every right to be in Afghanistan, since it gave shelter to OBL but fair enough every civilized person out of the mohammedan world and every mohammedan out of the civilized world...I could live with that...

Tweety.Abd

That barbarian blamed supposedly was upset by our presence in Afghanistan, of course we have every right to be in Afghanistan, since it gave shelter to OBL but fair enough every civilized person out of the mohammedan world and every mohammedan out of the civilized world...I could live with that...

Enough humans have been killed, there's no need for armed presence in Afghanistan anymore. Pull out the troops, and let them go back to their families and also leave Afghanistan to the Afghans.

And there's no such thing as 'mohammedan'.

Enough humans have been killed, there's no need for armed presence in Afghanistan anymore. Pull out the troops, and let them go back to their families and also leave Afghanistan to the Afghans.

We know the results when we leave Afghanistan to the afghans, it will be used again as a base for terrorists attacks around the civilized world

And there's no such thing as 'mohammedan

In fact there is no such person as a muslim, it doesn't make sense and is insulting to non-mohammedans refering to mohammedans as muslims. Muslim means someone who submits [to god], since there is nu such thing as a god muslims do not exist but when you as a non-mohammedan refer to a mohammedan as a muslim you imply that there is a god, the mohammedan submits to it and you acknowledge the existence but refuse to submit to it.

To not insult non-mohammedans we should all (mohammadans and non-mohammdans alike) use mohammedan and mohammdanism and not use muslim or islam.

• Administrator

We know the results when we leave Afghanistan to the afghans, it will be used again as a base for terrorists attacks around the civilized world

I don't live in the Afghanistan and I don't have clear view of it's history. Having said that, first creating the terrorists then ruining the whole country financially, economically, socially, politically, etc. just because you are reaping what you have yourself sowed?

It's like saying, "you have an violent rat in your house, just because I don't trust you, I'm going to come to your house, invade you, rule your house, make mess of things and only I and myself have the courage and power to kill the rat".

Currently there might be violence, in the region, etc. but that doesn't mean it will be a soft place for terrorism forever. Even if it will remain a soft place for terrorism, hate and violence and eye for an eye wins over no one. Think about how time and again innocent people the soldiers killed while violating the human rights. Does the western army think that people who have seen or have known these things happening are going to have love for them?

Terrorism is an big issue, the issue that needs to be solved. I live in a country where major terrorism has happened time and again (this attacks in Boston and London are like nothing against what has happened here in India), but that doesn't mean the govt. and the army have become inhumane as them and fallen down to their levels.

And there's no such thing as 'mohammedan

In fact there is no such person as a muslim, it doesn't make sense and is insulting to non-mohammedans refering to mohammedans as muslims. Muslim means someone who submits [to god], since there is nu such thing as a god muslims do not exist but when you as a non-mohammedan refer to a mohammedan as a muslim you imply that there is a god, the mohammedan submits to it and you acknowledge the existence but refuse to submit to it.

To not insult non-mohammedans we should all (mohammadans and non-mohammdans alike) use mohammedan and mohammdanism and not use muslim or islam.

You are one very misguided person.

USA today is noting more than what USSR was from 79. to 89.

By saying mohammedian and/or similar you are trying to insult every Muslim that is reading this topic.

I do not wish you the fate of those who you mocker and insult, I feel sorry for you.

Youtube video removed watch the man(Woolwich terrorist) HERE

People killing each other in their homeland nothing different than it was in past , present n will be in future

Foreign invasion , Revenge of previous mistreatment and fanatism responsible on whole

I do not wish you the fate of those who you mocker and insult, I feel sorry for you.

What do you mean when you say you do not wish me the fate of those who mocker and insult? Because you know that the fate of those who mocker and insult mohammedanism is death?

It just proves my point all the more and makes me more determined. In the civilized world arguments are weight and appreciated by their value but in the mohammedan world any argument which negates mohammedanism is met with violence. Freedom of speech is not a big thing in the mohammedan world, is it?

I prefer dying a martyr fighting barbarism to letting my daughter grow up in a world dominated by mohammedanism

gotta agree that girls and women do not do to well in islam... i personally know 3 women whose families will kill them if they find where they are...one was raped so the family disowned her for no longer being pure the other two dared to refuse to marry the men their families chose

Trying to reason with some is impossible.

@ffi
You are undereducated (at least on the matter you are talking about) and highly frustrated, I recommend you more books and more therapy hours.

@dMog
Freedom is a very fragile thing, even for societies that are synonym for freedom.
Punishments are similar in every monotheistic religion, and in many other polytheistic, but, every girl and women in Canada is protected by Canadian law that
forbids torture, molesting, mental and physical bullying, and... killing.

yea well tell that to the many that have been "honor killed" in Canada... it HAS happened much more than you would think...cannot fathom how often it happens in in countries where governments and religious leaders and police forces actually sanction it as "God's will"

gotta agree that girls and women do not do to well in islam... i personally know 3 women whose families will kill them if they find where they are...one was raped so the family disowned her for no longer being pure the other two dared to refuse to marry the men their families chose

Saying girls and women don't do well in Islam is like saying they do well if they live in non-muslim countries. Ariel Castro wasn't a muslim when he kidnapped and kept those 3 women imprisoned for 10 years. There's a lot of trafficking in women around the world in many non-muslim countries. Getting disowned when raped or refusing to enter pre-arranged marriages doesn't happen only in Islamic countries. It happens in the USA, in India, in christian and jew communities, it happens everywhere.

And if u really know Islam - really know it and not learned about it in the media - u would know that women are protected in Islam. The rights given to women in Islam (over 1400 years ago) are a vast improvement compared to a lot of other religions (and compared to pre-Islamic Arabia). Women have a right to vote, voice their opinion, can't be forced in marriage, can divorce, can fight in army, etc. Things like honor killings are nothing but murder. There are very harsh punishments prescribed in Islamic law for those who abuse women.

I'm not saying abuses don't happen in Islamic countries; they do and it's disgusting. But it's not fair to blame it on Islam and not the people who twist it for their own justifications.

Where I come, from that little weapon (in the - now unavailable video) is not known as a machete - it looked more like the smaller version of the meat cleaver used by the Chinese in their culinary practice.

LazyPotato

Where I come, from that little weapon (in the - now unavailable video) is not known as a machete - it looked more like the smaller version of the meat cleaver used by the Chinese in their culinary practice.

Smaller? I don't really know any kinda weapon like that...

MidnightDistortions

This is quite sad. It's a shame not everyone can get along or understand we are all here for the same reason. :pissed:

Anyway on first reading the title it sounded like London had some zombie outbreak. :s

LazyPotato

This is quite sad. It's a shame not everyone can get along or understand we are all here for the same reason. :pissed:

Anyway on first reading the title it sounded like London had some zombie outbreak. :s

Yay,The Walking Dead irl. Where's Lee?

I don't live in the Afghanistan and I don't have clear view of it's history. Having said that, first creating the terrorists then ruining the whole country financially, economically, socially, politically, etc. just because you are reaping what you have yourself sowed?

It's like saying, "you have an violent rat in your house, just because I don't trust you, I'm going to come to your house, invade you, rule your house, make mess of things and only I and myself have the courage and power to kill the rat".

I could try to refute your analogy but I won't, I will refute the actual argument. Like I said we have every right to be in Afghanistan, it was a just war, unlike maybe Iraq though I think we tried to turn it into a prosperous democratic country, the terrorists tried everything in their power to make it fail. (Just remember the conquered axis powers post war and how those countries handled defeat. They saw it as a great opportunity for progress and they came much better out of the defeat than even before the war). Anyway the fact that we hurt innocent bystanders in a just war is not our fault, the blame lies solely with the mohammedan terrorists and those that harbored them.

These attackers should have gone around beheading their fellow mohammedans if they felt any wrong was done to their brethren not western soldiers.

Trying to reason with some is impossible.

@ffi

You are undereducated (at least on the matter you are talking about) and highly frustrated, I recommend you more books and more therapy hours.

I am highly educated. I took time to actually read the koran and hadiths, I never read anything more repulsive, vile hateful and violent in my life.

• Administrator

I could try to refute your analogy but I won't, I will refute the actual argument. Like I said we have every right to be in Afghanistan, it was a just war, unlike maybe Iraq though I think we tried to turn it into a prosperous democratic country, the terrorists tried everything in their power to make it fail. (Just remember the conquered axis powers post war and how those countries handled defeat. They saw it as a great opportunity for progress and they came much better out of the defeat than even before the war). Anyway the fact that we hurt innocent bystanders in a just war is not our fault, the blame lies solely with the mohammedan terrorists and those that harbored them.

These attackers should have gone around beheading their fellow mohammedans if they felt any wrong was done to their brethren not western soldiers.

I'm getting your point, but you are being quite harsh in your views here.

• No common man supports extremists, unless they are quite near to them or have no option.
  • The army have taken huge number of lives of innocent people who have had absolutely nothing to do with terrorism.
  • The war should be on terrorists and terrorism. Not civilians and or anyone you see in your sight.
  • By killing innocent people you are only making new terrorists. As I said, you reap what you sow, and western world is sowing the seeds of violence and anger.
  • I'll go on to guess that only the American army, by now, would have killed more innocent people in Afghanistan itself than all the Afghanistan terrorists killing Americans in all of their terror attacks. Tell me, who is the terrorist now? Having a license and a govt. behind them doesn't make them less inhuman.
  • Somehow, the army and soldiers, after killing innocent people, are considered martyrs and heros after they come back, but those innocent people who have done nothing for or against anyone, are said to be supporting the terrorists?
  • You may see it differently, but for me, every country has found peace only after the western army have left them. You might think that the army would have done their job, but for me, they didn't need to poke their nose into things in the very first place. And even if they did poke their nose, things could have been done in far far far more well mannered and humanitarian ways.
  • Spreading peace with peace is the last thing the western world does.

• No common man supports extremists, unless they are quite near to them or have no option.
  • The army have taken huge number of lives of innocent people who have had absolutely nothing to do with terrorism.
There are rules in war, combatants should be clearly identifiable and should not mix with the general population but these cowards break both these rules, some mohammedan groups even seem to do it on purpose. They know they can' t win militarily see they wage a propaganda war, hiding close to the civilians and hoping their own civilians get hurt so they can score some propaganda points.
  • You may see it differently, but for me, every country has found peace only after the western army have left them. You might think that the army would have done their job, but for me, they didn't need to poke their nose into things in the very first place. And even if they did poke their nose, things could have been done in far far far more well mannered and humanitarian ways.
Do you really think Nazi Germany and Japan voluntarily would have left the occupied countries and the nazis would have abandoned the death camps? War is ugly but sometimes it is the best solution.

• Administrator
There are rules in war, combatants should be clearly identifiable and should not mix with the general population but these cowards break both these rules, some mohammedan groups even seem to do it on purpose. They know they can' t win militarily see they wage a propaganda war, hiding close to the civilians and hoping their own civilians get hurt so they can score some propaganda points.
Do you really think Nazi Germany and Japan voluntarily would have left the occupied countries and the nazis would have abandoned the death camps? War is ugly but sometimes it is the best solution.

The western soldiers have been known to torture and kill kids thinking that they are hiding some "information". Some time ago I read how some chief army had hidden places where he used to catch people from roads, torture them, ask the docs to heal them, and then torture again. And this wasn't something new, this has been going around since decades. These actions are not war, these actions don't justify the killings, these is absolute vicious inhumane behaviour. This of course, is one small piece of the ugly pie, remember how Wikileaks leaked videos of soldiers mercilessly shooting people just because they "thought" they were suspicious (with no armoury with them) and then those soldiers congratulating and cheering others? All these have been the state of affairs. In an aim to bring peace to the world, these people engage in things that are not just inhumane but satanist both in thinking and actions.

You don't expect Nazis to leave others in peace, but are the western countries and their army Nazis? And I'm not even talking about WWII in that post, it's basically aimed at the time afterwards, where western countries have poked their nose where they don't belong, not just limited to Muslim countries.

As I've said, give peace, get peace. Do unfair treatment to others, get anger and hate. Peace and better management of matters can win over all.

Archived