ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Ditched marzu fix for the 3.0 version for box mara fix 1.1.

1 Removed marzu fix.

2 Rebooted

3 Run box-fix "FIX-IT" - on patch.

Error - Something about Compiling Kernal.

ESET gui closed didn't reopen (should it reopen? as patch says it should come up with 2 icons)

4 Rebooted

Manual update - cannot update due "General Compiler Error"

edit

XP PRO / SP3 / x32

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 135.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sonar

Did you use the option remove trial watermarks? If yes then this is probably the cause.

@shought

He can't use that option on v3. If v4 is not detected option is disabled.

@Sonar

I just tested fix on Eset v3 on XP SP3 Pro and it works fine. I suggest that you re-install Eset v3 and then use the fix. Before you uninstall you need to UnFix the fix.

Cheers :)

Ok, sorry mara-, I just remember you already told me that ;) My bad :)

@Sonar

Did you use the option remove trial watermarks? If yes then this is probably the cause.

Not that i know of, no box was ticked on the patch. "see above post"

@mara - thanks for the reply. I figured the patch uninstall bit. went back to marzufix lol seems to be the only one my pc seems to like

@box, mara-
" I " wrote...

Providing you follow the instructions, the latest box, mara- fix seems to be working 100%

I've just hit manual update on a machine powered by the 1.1 fix and got a message saying "Program Modules Updated" ??

It hasn't pulled in new sigs, they're still on 3994 (20090407) so I guess the servers are still congested, but I thought trials didn't pull in module updates? :s

Update module: 1028 (20090302)

Virus signature database: 3994 (20090407)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1206 (20090409)

Advanced heuristics module: 1092 (20090309)

Archive support module: 1092 (20090324)

Cleaner module: 1040 (200900401)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1010 (20090302)

Personal firewall module: 1045 (20090325)

Antispam module: 1011 (20090114)

SysInspector module: 1211 (20090325)

Self-defence support module: 1005 (20081105)

Seems to be the Antivirus and antispyware scanner module that's been updated, anyone else notice this?

@jonahlomu

What is the "difference" you see? be more precise! :)

Have you too received a module update? Check in ESET window > Help > About and compare module versions with those I have listed here, or have your sigs been updated? if so list the version?

NO ONE should be alarmed at not receiving the very latest sigs from ESET, be patient they will arrive! you'll just have to wait your turn!

Or... dig deep and buy a licence!!! ;)

Cheers

@Hoca

Herewith my details on XP-SP3 Pro ESS4.0.417 Trial Version:

Virus signature database: 4000 (20090410)

Update module: 1028 (20090302)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1206 (20090409)

Advanced heuristics module: 1092 (20090309)

Archive support module: 1092 (20090324)

Cleaner module: 1040 (20090401)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1010 (20090302)

Personal firewall module: 1044 (20090121)

Antispam module: 1011 (20090114)

SysInspector module: 1211 (20090325)

Self-defense support module : 1005 (20081105)

It is interesting to note that although I have a later virus sig. 4000 then yours, your Firewall Module 1045 is later then mine.

Just wondering why that is icon14.gif

What Firewall Module do others have icon14.gif

I also have 1045. Go to Setup->Advanced Setup->Update. Click on Setup. Under 'Program component update' select 'Always update program components'.

I also have 1045. Go to Setup->Advanced Setup->Update. Click on Setup. Under 'Program component update' select 'Always update program components'.

@mara

Thank you for your advice.

However, from day-1, Eset has been set @ 'Always update program components', confirmed by the fact that the

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1206 (20090409) - updated 2days ago.

Hence my surprise to see the difference.

I wonder whether this is a difference between the Trial & Full version icon14.gif

Not all trial servers have every module update available from day 1. Try updating from another evaluation server.

That's why i've always been using retail and have module updates instantly. (not that this changes much but...).

Use Nodlogin 9.9 or MiNODLogin if you want to get modules as fast as possible.

from day 1. Try updating from another evaluation server.

That's why i've always been using retail and have module updates instantly. (not that this changes much but...).

Use Nodlogin 9.9 or MiNODLogin if you want to get modules as fast as possible.

Thanks for your response. icon1.gif

I am not too concerned about getting the Modules updates as fast as possible

but

"Not all trial servers have every module update available"

that is very strange & surprises me.

One would expect all Update-Servers to carry the same data , within a few hours if not minutes.

- I think.gif

av nod32 4.0.417.0 with boxforever fix.

I have always the same problem: last successful update 11/04/2009 version of virus signature database: 19/03/09

I don't understand why the virus signature database is not updated.

:P Patience & a . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Happy Easter everybody - may God bless you all with abundant updates of Signature Database (4002 FYI.) :D

Buona Pasqua per tuti !

Happy Easter Holiday, My Fella Pirates! :P

Feliz Dia de Páscoa para todos !

Un Heureux Jour de Pâque pour tout le chrétien .

av nod32 4.0.417.0 with boxforever fix.

I have always the same problem: last successful update 11/04/2009 version of virus signature database: 19/03/09

I don't understand why the virus signature database is not updated.

Click update again and again and again......and again and again....zzzzzzzz....until it update.

The first update upon using the fix is the most difficult.

Once it is updated, the rest is simple..

Simply go here to check the latest update virus definitions: http://www.eset.com/support/updates.php

Thought this have been answer so many times already! :P

if you people dont like the wait then use nodlogin or such instead of forever trial versions :P

V3 (684)

Marsu-fix 2.5 x32 (still working auto updates) (sometimes delayed)

Virus DEF 4002 (20090411)

Firewall Mod 1040 (maybe 1045 is for v4? as the box is ticked to update them)

XP PRO sp3.

@Sonar, @box, @mara-

I too have started to receive the General Compile Error described by @Sonar :P

The system is WinXP Pro SP2 x86 with ESS 3.0.350. It was working happily with box, mara fix 1.1. Previously I had ESET4 Box4EVER v4.30A installed and that worked fine too. Since the problem appeared I've tried reverting to ESET4 Box4EVER v4.30A but no joy ;)

When I click update it goes through the motions as if it is about to pull in an update then it halts and presents the following screen...

generalcomplileerror.png

Anyone else receiving this error?

Not sure if the error is to due to ESET servers or the fix?

It seems odd that @Sonar has reported that switching to Marsu-fix 2.5 has fixed the error?

Cheers

I tried Marsu-fix 2.5 on my Server 2008 x64. Up poped a message, "could not adjust registry." Or something to that effect.

Tried box-marsu fix 1.1 and kept getting asked for u/p. Only thing left that I'm comfortable with is offline updates.

Hope box or marsu come up with something else.

@RobrPatty

Have you read the tip in the forum to enter eset in both username and password fields when using box, mara fix 1.1 on x64 systems?

Did you UnFix/UnLock with the box fix before applying the Marsu fix? It is essential you unlock the registry before trying to apply a new fix or re-installing of ESET.

Cheers

@Hoca

Fixes has nothing to do with your problem. Check this here. For the record, I'm using box, mara- fix since day 1 and it still works fine, without single problem.

@RobrPatty

Is your Eset already converted to trial, or you are trying to convert it to trial? If you are not already on trial that might be the problem, since Eset servers are not working good again. Maybe when they have big load on servers they password protect conversion to trial since it requires 20MB+ for download. You may want to get trial username/password from Eset to convert to trial (if you already did not) and after conversion you can delete it.

Cheers :P

@Sonar, @box, @mara-

I too have started to receive the General Compile Error described by @Sonar :wut:

The system is WinXP Pro SP2 x86 with ESS 3.0.350. It was working happily with box, mara fix 1.1. Previously I had ESET4 Box4EVER v4.30A installed and that worked fine too. Since the problem appeared I've tried reverting to ESET4 Box4EVER v4.30A but no joy :dunno:

When I click update it goes through the motions as if it is about to pull in an update then it halts and presents the following screen...

generalcomplileerror.png

Anyone else receiving this error?

Not sure if the error is to due to ESET servers or the fix?

It seems odd that @Sonar has reported that switching to Marsu-fix 2.5 has fixed the error?

Cheers

I had to uninstall v3 and install it again due to box marra-fix. working fine again with marsu-fix.

This only messed up when i installed that particular fix, updates was working fine and dandy before.

hello friends, I will let you know my problem .... eset asked to update the virus definitions and password .... there is any way to skip this? .... Am I right with what I say? ..... when a user login and password when taking the license and the fix-fix 4.30A box will continue to update or you'll enter another username + password?

expect an answer

greetings

I don't really know what you want to know, but it works like this:

If you install ESET4 Box4EVER fix or box, mara-fix you don't have to enter a username or password, you will have eternal trial days. If asked for a username and password try using eset for both.

Archived