1993 vs 2013

truemate

• Administrator

I did not know that, just looked up on GSM Arena and I was shocked. The 64 GB variant of iPhone 5 costs $238 (incl. manufacturing) and it retails for $849! That's about 256% increase.

Exactly.

Remember the rumour that Apple will stop using Samsung chips / parts in it's devices (or vice-verse) and use some other company to manufacture the parts? If that happens, it will reduce the manufacturing cost even further, with probably loss of quality.

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not know that, just looked up on GSM Arena and I was shocked. The 64 GB variant of iPhone 5 costs $238 (incl. manufacturing) and it retails for $849! That's about 256% increase.

Exactly.

Remember the rumour that Apple will stop using Samsung chips / parts in it's devices (or vice-verse) and use some other company to manufacture the parts? If that happens, it will reduce the manufacturing cost even further, with probably loss of quality.

I wonder if that would bring about any decrease in the retail price, but its highly unlikely. Maybe it could be related to all this 'cheap' iPhone rumors or something..Thanks for enlightening me on this, changed the way how I view the Apple Inc.

• Administrator

I wonder if that would bring about any decrease in the retail price, but its highly unlikely. Maybe it could be related to all this 'cheap' iPhone rumors or something..Thanks for enlightening me on this, changed the way how I view the Apple Inc.

Apple will always try to maximize it's profits as much as possible. Remember, Apple's market is slowing down as Android is eating Apple's marketshare very fast. Plus, Apple might be already knowing that as per the predictions, tablets' sales at some point, are going to slow down, maybe going down the path of PCs. With Apple having no innovator (or a copycat / stealer) in the name of Steve Jobs, Apple might be looking at it's available options. iPhone 5S, iPhone Mini, iWatch, etc. they are trying best to move something others are yet to master, so they can oversell themselves there too, with trying to be the "in" company.

I'm following Apple closely from many years now, I'm nothing but sick of their practices. They have been a cancerous poison to the industry. Inflated prices, corrupt practices, unfair strategies, immoral actions, etc. are the signatures of Apple.

And I'm not even talking about negatives of their devices, that's a different story altogether.

Archived