1993 vs 2013

truemate

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Purple Trail

I would rather have all the items in the top picture then a iPhone any day.

And in the back of your mind you're probably wishing your parents would buy you an iPhone. This sounds more likely rather than your current overstatement.

• Administrator

And in the back of your mind you're probably wishing your parents would buy you an iPhone. This sounds more likely rather than your current overstatement.

1. Those things of the 90s are still very enjoyable.

2. I for one, will prefer an Android phone over an iPhone anyday. Please don't ruin my childhood by comparing great products with some Apple phone. -_-

Most of us have dared to stand against apple's proprietary policies - hope we can all one day, also show Microsoft the finger (the middle one.)

Hmm, nice try at attempting to sound patronizing but you just sound like a tit. I'm 29 and own my own business. I use Android devices and have absolutely no need, wish or intention of buying myself a iPhone, They're a feeble excuse for a "smart" phone and simply a shiny toy for sheep who dont have mental capacity to have or use a real full fledged device.

Purple Trail

DKT27, although on the desktop I still use Windows as the main OS, when it comes to mobile devices I prefer Apple products over the competition and I've been quite happy so far. I can't say the same about the Android devices I've tried. The only Android phone that currently looks promising to me is the HTC One, too bad it doesn't come with a vanilla firmware.

Sorry GRiM, I was distracted by the lack of intelligence and grammar, which makes you wonder how can someone be able to run their own business in this position. It's also sad knowing you're 29 and still acting the way you do, to say the least.

I'm astonished at how some people just see red in front of their eyes when they hear or see anything related to Apple products.

DKT27, although on the desktop I still use Windows as the main OS, when it comes to mobile devices I prefer Apple products over the competition and I've been quite happy so far. I can't say the same about the Android devices I've tried. The only Android phone that currently looks promising to me is the HTC One, too bad it doesn't come with a vanilla firmware.

Sorry GRiM, I was distracted by the lack of intelligence and grammar, which makes you wonder how can someone be able to run their own business in this position. It's also sad knowing you're 29 and still acting the way you do, to say the least.

I'm astonished at how some people just see red in front of their eyes when they hear or see anything related to Apple products.

I run my business perfectly well thankyou.

And what do you mean by "acting the way you do" ? You're the one who replied to a perfectly innocent comment in a childish and patronizing way you need to look in the mirror before accusing people of the things you're doing yourself.

• Administrator

Then and than are common mistakes of the internet. Most of the time they are typos. I don't consider them big grammatical mistakes (inspite of having completely different meaning) cause typos are typos.

A and an, well, not everyone uses these days. About a year ago or so, while I was browsing some English speaking / teaching forums (not sure why I went there :P ) I came to know that even the teachers in England don't teach "an" for a vowel anymore. Infact, the usage of "an" has totally been changed, it's now used for something else now. Again, I don't see this as a big grammatical error.

Some really love HTC Sense, and some hate Vanilla. I for one have got a chance to put my hands on a vanilla phone only once (some chinese phone) and I had liked it personally.

People have different views about things. Apple, in many views, is proprietary, closed source, walled gardened, it's policies are tyrannical, etc. Which is not preferable by many.

As a lot of people might be knowing already, one of my two cousins had bought iPhone, and he hated it so much, he sold to someone on the day itself. I asked my other cousin about a month later about it downsides, and when he told me some, I was literally disgusted to hear. I mean, cmon, can an mobile be so closed source? They were both impressed with my phone when I bought HTC One V, and later, both of them bought an Android phone themselves, and they loved it. One of them is a BlackBerry fanboy, but he extremely loved his Android phone, now he regularly asks me about updates on Android versions, apps and stuff. So these is how things are, people are preferring Android, which comes in a lot of flavours, with lot of phones, with lot of designs, with lot of features, with no shackles, full open source (in behaviour) over an iPhone / iOS.

So yeah, people have their reasons.

I can't understand why most of you guys hate iPhone that much. :(

Don't blame me, but I am really in love with iPhone and I will surely buy one if I had enough money, here in Iran, it's extremely expensive but very popular in the meantime.

Many Iranians here have bought iPhone in recent years, Apple products sales has been increased more than even 1000% in Iran; maybe the reason is that we are very much behind of day-technology. :P

But, my personal opinion, I prefer iPhone over any phones, I don't like Android phones that much, I used to own Galaxy Note and I was very satisfied with that, but iPhone 5 is really loving. :wub:

Don't know why I like iPhone more than others; Galaxy S4 or HTC One are very good and powerful, too; but I choose iPhone again. :wub:

I think, iPhone is an all-in-one device for everything you need from a smart phone, yes, it does not own 13 Mega-pixels camera or water-proof trait, but it does it job very well. :wub:

Don't ridicule me for my opinion, that was just my opinion. :D

Does not have any opinion on other Apple's products, have not tried them actually, but I don't think they are as good as iPhone.

I will surely buy an iPhone as soon as I get enough money for it :rolleyes: , it is about 25 Million Rials in Iran, which is about $2000 right now, it was more than $2800 when it came to Iran, especially in the first week and month, I can clearly remember those very long lines to buy an iPhone.

Currently, between every 10 Iranians, nearly 5 or 6 of them own an iPhone and that is not low number. :)

Even if ios were as good as android, I would never buy an apple product in my life, apple is pure evil patent troll, which had the audacity to patent so many commonly used trivialities which no thought or dared to patent.

I have a theory. The product itself is not bad, that still doesn't justify the price, but it doesn't suck. The problem is, rather, that Apple users are (in my experience) always defensive. They have a need to tell people about Apple, and how good it is. I've hate it when someone brandishes any kind of toy, phones included, but those people are fewer and fewer in number, except Apple-fans. It seems that almost every braggard I've come to know is an i-man. And for me, it's not that I hate the product, just the kind of people who buy it. That's the reason I don't wear fat golden chains around my neck, have diamonds in my teeth, wear sunglasses without the lenses, etc. Somewhere on that list of thing's I'll never have out of principle, lay an Iphone and Ipad.

@Purple Trail: As far as grammar is concerned - I value it greatly. There are few things more important than learning to express yourself properly. One of them is very old and convenient. It's called "good manners". A person as old as you (I infer from your post that you are older than 29) should know that a kind word goes a long way. Someone with so much life experience like yourself should also know that nobody likes a smart-ass. The fervour and zeal with which you blatantly attempted to discredit a person in his own profession makes me wonder with what aspect of your own life are you so dissatisfied? But that is getting way off-topic.

P.S. Some fun links - beware, the person on the website isn't me, just my idol. xD

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=padhole

Take your pick ......

:troll:

y3qZDR2.png

Currently, between every 10 Iranians, nearly 5 or 6 of them own an iPhone and that is not low number. :)

We don't have much oil to sell :P

Honestly, Apple products aren't as bad as you guys make it seem! :P

Honestly, Apple products aren't that bad as you guys make it seem! :P

I perfectly agree with you. :)

It does not that bad, anyway, I like it. :)

They make, hardware wise okay phones, computers and tablets and a great tablet with mediocre software. I would consider buying a macbook or ipad, if I could get a decent OS on it because the hardware is pretty good and looks beautiful though it is a bit on the expensive side for what you get BUT Apple is just a plain evil company abusing the patent system to get at the compitition and hurting the consumer. I would for that reason alone never ever consider an apple product anymore

• Administrator

They make, hardware wise okay phones, computers and tablets and a great tablet with mediocre software. I would consider buying a macbook or ipad, if I could get a decent OS on it because the hardware is pretty good and looks beautiful though it is a bit on the expensive side for what you get BUT Apple is just a plain evil company abusing the patent system to get at the compitition and hurting the consumer. I would for that reason alone never ever consider an apple product anymore

In addition, Apple has about 50% profit on it's products, one of the highest in the non-Asian company. What they do with the extra profit? Give reviewers free devices, pay them to write good reviews, sue others for meaningless things, buy politicians and patent office employs to give them generic patents and even buy High Court judges, even the jury.

In addition, Apple has about 50% profit on it's products, one of the highest in the non-Asian company. What they do with the extra profit? Give reviewers free devices, pay them to write good reviews, sue others for meaningless things, buy politicians and patent office employs to give them generic patents and even buy High Court judges, even the jury.

I did not know that, just looked up on GSM Arena and I was shocked. The 64 GB variant of iPhone 5 costs $238 (incl. manufacturing) and it retails for $849! That's about 256% increase.

Archived