Chrome 26.0.1410.43 bookmark spacing issue

eltigre

I have this version of chrome...now bookmarks are having a big space between them..

In the previous version I didn't have this...

Someone has and idea of a fix? or a workaround?

post-58171-0-33123800-1365442370_thumb.p

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this version of chrome...now bookmarks are having a big space between them..

In the previous version I didn't have this...

Someone has and idea of a fix? or a workaround?

Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue?

EDIT: Just thought I'd say this, few things have changed since the last Google Chrome update and things have gotten a tad bigger. I'm not sure if its relevant to your issue. I'd need a screenshot to confirm.

Chrome recently updated Chrome to have extra space in-between items all over the place in their browser. For example, the right-click menu looks very much like your screenshot of the bookmarks menu; you'll notice it's much taller with things more spaced apart. There's no workaround; it's just an aesthetic change Google made so it'd be more consistent with other Google web products.

Edit: You can find more information and a way to disable it here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/A0DJtvV4gTE

added an attachement with issue...

Its the new UI change, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do at the moment. You could try the band-aid fix suggested by Lacius. I don't like the change either, but I'm getting used it it..

chlorophyll

working fine here .i tried the trick disble new menu style.trick working fine for me.

blueriver649

Hi Eltigre,

Add a space before "disable-new-menu-style" , remember to click Ok after

1. Right-click on your shortcut to Chrome
2. Click Properties (at the bottom)
3. Go to Shortcut tab
4. Edit Target so that is has a space and --disable-new-menu-style at the end of it
5. Click Apply

2013-04-05-chrome-menu21-620x646.png?has

Problem solved!... :lol:

strange...i've done again the procedure...and now (in the moment of posting) it's working

Thank you

1. Right-click on your shortcut to Chrome

2. Click Properties (at the bottom)

3. Go to Shortcut tab

4. Edit Target so that is has a space and --disable-new-menu-style at the end of it

5. Click Apply

Google requiring its options to be set via command-line flags is extremely limiting. The above fix is just going to fix it if you launch Chrome from your start menu. But what if you launch Chrome from clicking on a .URL link or from typing a http:// address into the run box? Then it will launch Chrome from the registry path without that command line flag.

To make "--disable-new-menu-style" always work no matter how you launch Chrome - you will have to search your registry for all instances of chrome.exe - and add the command line flag to all the associations (such as HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command).

Found a good solution to compile an EXE with the flags already in there.

1. Rename chrome.exe to chrome_orig.exe

2. Make a .vbs script as follows in ScryptCryptor and compile to chrome.exe

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")If WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 ThenWshShell.Run """chrome_orig.exe"" --user-data-dir=""D:\PortableApps\Chrome\Profile"" --disable-new-menu-style"ElseWshShell.Run """chrome_orig.exe"" --user-data-dir=""D:\PortableApps\Chrome\Profile"" --disable-new-menu-style """ & WScript.Arguments(0) & """"End IfSet WshShell = Nothing

(NOTE: The "--user-data-dir" makes chrome portable - it specifies to use a specific profile dir instead of defaulting to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\. If you want the default profile location then you can remove this arg.)

Archived