Help me to get a digital camera

rudrax

I'm planning to buy a digital camera in the next month. My range is 7K ($140) Indian currency. I have heard from some source that the camera that the latest HTC one houses has the capability to shoot photos at 300% brighter light than usual and it has some dual sensor thing. This will be great for night shots.

So, is there any dedicated digital camera with the feature that HTC one's one possess within my range?

• Replies 21
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's one at that price point. Look for one with a large aperture, like F/2.0 (HTC One). Smaller no. means larger aperture (F/1.8 > F/2.0). Large aperture basically allows more light to pass through the sensor.

A large aperture allows a lot more light to fall onto the sensor, and when this happens you have the freedom of using a faster shutter speed. This is especially handy in situations of low light and fast movement, such as indoor sports or a water fall at the end of the day. That’s why larger apertures and fast action shots indoors need to go hand in hand. By widening your aperture you have a better chance of the movement being “frozen” in time and the camera won’t have time to think about camera shake. If done right, you’ll find good sharp images of freeze frame shots without any blur at all.

Some cameras with fast lens are Samsung TL500/EX1 (F/1.8 ), Canon Powershot S100 (F/2.0), Panasonic Lumix LX3, LX5 (F/2.0), LX7 (F/1.4), Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 (F/1.8 ).
You can still get good low-light images even with a smaller aperture but you have to use a slower shutter speed to allow more light to get in and you have to have a steady hand or use a tripod.

I don't think there's one at that price point. Look for one with a large aperture, like F/2.0 (HTC One). Smaller no. means larger aperture (F/1.8 > F/2.0). Large aperture basically allows more light to pass through the sensor.

A large aperture allows a lot more light to fall onto the sensor, and when this happens you have the freedom of using a faster shutter speed. This is especially handy in situations of low light and fast movement, such as indoor sports or a water fall at the end of the day. That’s why larger apertures and fast action shots indoors need to go hand in hand. By widening your aperture you have a better chance of the movement being “frozen” in time and the camera won’t have time to think about camera shake. If done right, you’ll find good sharp images of freeze frame shots without any blur at all.

Some cameras with fast lens are Samsung TL500/EX1 (F/1.8 ), Canon Powershot S100 (F/2.0), Panasonic Lumix LX3, LX5 (F/2.0), LX7 (F/1.4), Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 (F/1.8 ).
You can still get good low-light images even with a smaller aperture but you have to use a slower shutter speed to allow more light to get in and you have to have a steady hand or use a tripod.

Thanks kent for your response. Are the options provided by you, in my range? If not, please provide what reaches nearest to my expectation within the range.

Invest for a DSLR.

Can't afford one and it's not a pocket thing.

Unfortunately, no. :) Maybe you can roundup the models that are available to you and find their respective reviews and sample photos.

Edit: you can also check flickr to see if there are available groups/photos taken from a camera model you're interested.

I'm planning to buy a digital camera in the next month. My range is 7K ($140) Indian currency. I have heard from some source that the camera that the latest HTC one houses has the capability to shoot photos at 300% brighter light than usual and it has some dual sensor thing. This will be great for night shots.

So, is there any dedicated digital camera with the feature that HTC one's one possess within my range?

may be this site could help

http://snapsort.com/

In the link provided by manu, I found one. It's priced between $100-$190. Sony cybershot WX50 (f/2.6). It can also record 1080p videos at 60fps. So ck_kent, what do you say about this one?

In the link provided by manu, I found one. It's priced between $100-$190. Sony cybershot WX50 (f/2.6). It can also record 1080p videos at 60fps. So ck_kent, what do you say about this one?

yup i own it

when it was priced rs.11,999

but now it cost rs.9,490 (official price) see here : http://www.sony.co.in/product/dsc-wx50

yup i own it

when it was priced rs.11,999

but now it cost rs.9,490 (official price) see here : http://www.sony.co.in/product/dsc-wx50

Really! How is it's photo and video quality? How is your hands on experience with it?

Really! How is it's photo and video quality? How is your hands on experience with it?

awesome photo quality even in dark + ultra compact

only drawbacks:

- 5x optical zoom (but has got 10x clear image zoom)

- only 30 min. of full hd video on default battery and 4 gb sd card

anyways considering the range no other digital camera comes near it

just look at the specifications : http://www.sony.co.in/product/dsc-wx50/specs

and compare it with any other digital camera on snapsort, u wont regret buying it.

I've read the specs. They are stunning at this range. Seems like, have to another month to arrange the addition 2500 bucks.

How about night shots. Are they satisfy you? Be honest :naughty:

I've read the specs. They are stunning at this range. Seems like, have to another month to arrange the addition 2500 bucks.

How about night shots. Are they satisfy you? Be honest :naughty:

100% very clear even in night (but not videos)

one more thing fps for full hd is not 60 its 25

100% very clear even in night (but not videos)

Alright, that's good. I do not have any planes to shoot videos in low light.

one more thing fps for full hd is not 60 its 25

Well, this disappointed me a bit. 60 fps is runs fluid than 25 fps. How if I record at 720p? How much frames can it obtain at that resolution?

Well, this disappointed me a bit. 60 fps is runs fluid than 25 fps. How if I record at 720p? How much frames can it obtain at that resolution?

company has not mention fps officially but its 25 fps

on its menu its give two options : i) AVCHD 50i

ii) MP4 25p

avchd mp4

Capture.jpgCapture2.jpg

16M PHOTO HIGH RESOLUTION PANORAMA

Capture.jpgCapture2.jpg

25 FPS do not disturb the fluidity at least i never experienced it, and at snapsort they say fils are shot at 24fps so infact this camera has been given negative point for not having 24 fps

see the resolution of photos 350ppi

has high light sensitivity ISO 3200 (SO CLEAR PICTURES EVEN IN DARK)

and i here be holding my words at this range no camera comes near it

Thanks a lot from your time, my friend. These info are really valuable. I'm gonna buy this.

@rudrax, that Sony looks good. You can check out actual photos taken by it here -> http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Sony+cybershot+WX50

Browse through the pages, there are several good night shots that can help you decide. :)

BTW, when you say night shots, you're not talking about taking picture with a flash are you? I rarely use flash, it just ruins the natural light and contrast on the subject.

Good luck! ;)

@rudrax, that Sony looks good. You can check out actual photos taken by it here -> http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Sony+cybershot+WX50

Browse through the pages, there are several good night shots that can help you decide. :)

BTW, when you say night shots, you're not talking about taking picture with a flash are you? I rarely use flash, it just ruins the natural light and contrast on the subject.

Good luck! ;)

Yeah, you are right about flash thingy. It adds terrible noise to the shot. Yesterday, one of our neighbors bought a nikkon DSLR at 56000 ($1120). That thing had a stand too and has several lenses. He shot a pic of mine in a room with few candles. I just shocked. The quality of the pic is same as if you are looking the room with your naked eyes. Well, this is just a dream for me. I will have that one when I get a job.

Thanks for your opinion, kent. :)

DSLRs are just too big and bulky for my taste. I prefer mirrorless or micro four thirds. That's why I got myself a Lumix GF5 :). It still has interchangeable lens in a nice compact body.

@rudrax

Off Topic , but it does concern you .

for you are - The English School Starter .

And , unfortunately the English in most of your posts on this page is broken , battered and injured ! :(

Meaning too many mistakes ... :P

@rudrax

Off Topic , but it does concern you .

for you are - The English School Starter .

And , unfortunately the English in most of your posts on this page is broken , battered and injured ! :(

Meaning too many mistakes ... :P

I'm very glad that you have pointed it out, really I am. :)

So the thing is, I'm the founder of the school, not the active faculty but I gotta active because no one in the active faculty were found active enough to run the school. My primary intention was just to learn English (properly) in the school.

The another thing is, keeping accurate grammar in mind, it will take very long time to compose a post. So not everywhere in the forum but in the school I try my level best to keep the grammar accurate.

One request: Please drag my mistakes to the school for further discussion.

Lemme just get them together here first .. ;)

>> Seems like, have to another month to arrange the addition 2500 bucks. How about night shots. Are they satisfy you?

Correct -- Seems like , i have to wait for another month to arrange the additional 2500 bucks . How about night shots ? Do they satisfy you ?

----------------------------------

>> Well, this disappointed me a bit. 60 fps is runs fluid than 25 fps. How if I record at 720p? How much frames can it obtain at that resolution?

Correct -- 60 FPS runs more fluid than 25 FPS . What if i record at 720p ?

( On Topic --

FPS has got more to do with the lighting and the scene required to be captured . 60 FPS , simply means the shutter is faster . So allows less light into the image processor but captures more frames per second . So 60 FPS is best suited for bright , sunny lighting and fast moving scenes like a race , car spinners , children with pets running around , and the like .

At 30 FPS , daily routine shooting wont make any difference and is in fact rather better suited for capturing low light situations ;) )

------------------------------------

>> -- Thanks a lot from your time, my friend. These info are really valuable. I'm gonna buy this

Correct -- Thanks a lot for your time , my friend . This info is really valuable .

--------------------------------------

>> -- He shot a pic of mine in a room with few candles. I just shocked. The quality of the pic is same as if you are looking the room with your naked eyes.

Correct -- He shot a pic of me in a room with a few candles . I was shocked . The quality of the pic is the same as if you are looking at the room with your naked eyes.

:)

Dragged to the school. That will be better place to deal with such things, I guess.

Archived