Chrome using too much RAM

demoneye

I would echo the same responses regarding Chrome being an inadequate browser that takes over way too much memory. That's why I de-installed it too. However, not to be a basher, I recall there being a "trick" regarding the task manager within Chrome to add a "purge memory" button. It should clear up your RAM and still leave all the tabs you have opened intact. You do have to get into TM and press it each time, it's a "rock, stick and string" type of solution, but what can you do, it's Chrome.

Hopefully, it can still be added into Chrome.

• Replies 62
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Chrome, and apparently Google has gotten in trouble over people's passwords and other info. Sorry no info, I was half asleep when I red it, heard it or seen it.

I would echo the same responses regarding Chrome being an inadequate browser that takes over way too much memory. That's why I de-installed it too. However, not to be a basher, I recall there being a "trick" regarding the task manager within Chrome to add a "purge memory" button. It should clear up your RAM and still leave all the tabs you have opened intact. You do have to get into TM and press it each time, it's a "rock, stick and string" type of solution, but what can you do, it's Chrome.

Hopefully, it can still be added into Chrome.

yes , i know this trick since it was published , however i mention in my opening post that i am using "cacheeman" which deliver same feature . :)

RAM is there to be used, only when you start swapping you have a problem, as long a an app releases the memory when another app needs it is pointless to look at memory usages

RAM is there to be used, only when you start swapping you have a problem, as long a an app releases the memory when another app needs it is pointless to look at memory usages

yes , i agree to that , somehow google chrome doesnt do it for some sites some how ...

even on my laptop with 4GB ram. Chrome runs just fine even with other programs on.

Not to mention my Rig, 16GB ram sooo hmmmm please Chrome take 5 GB of my ram and have x20 times performance?

Not to mention my Rig, 16GB ram sooo hmmmm please Chrome take 5 GB of my ram and have x20 times performance?

How many tabs do you have?

11t27et.jpg

I have around 100+ tabs.

35irad1.jpg

I have some sort of un realted issue but with Firefox that eats my RAM. I have unnnistalled and installed again and it takes aprox 800mb ram for 3 tabs opened and makes my system run slow. (Win8 4GB RAm x64) and the only plugins are the Adblock, HOLA Player and the Hotspot Shield thing)

unknownasphyxiated

does refresh the website every 5 minutes will lead to chrome eating too much memory?

I have some sort of un realted issue but with Firefox that eats my RAM. I have unnnistalled and installed again and it takes aprox 800mb ram for 3 tabs opened and makes my system run slow. (Win8 4GB RAm x64) and the only plugins are the Adblock, HOLA Player and the Hotspot Shield thing)

Did you try to back-up your existing profile and then running Firefox on a brand new profile?

You can always restore the previous profile - if not satisfied.

Edit:

Most of the tweaks that were made prior to the V8 fail to work with the latest releases and can be causing conflicts in your system.

Did you try to back-up your existing profile and then running Firefox on a brand new profile?

You can always restore the previous profile - if not satisfied.

Edit:

Most of the tweaks that were made prior to the V8 fail to work with the latest releases and can be causing conflicts in your system.

Actually I did not, I erased everything and ran CCleaner after that. New and "fresh" Firefox Install with the latest version, 19.

Check the screenshot if Firefox is running normal with ALL that RAM going.

post-39782-0-15983000-1363245640_thumb.p

unknownasphyxiated

Actually I did not, I erased everything and ran CCleaner after that. New and "fresh" Firefox Install with the latest version, 19.

try run firefox in safe mode

check whether the same problem occur

try run firefox in safe mode

check whether the same problem occur

in Safe mode in only runs with 80MB of RAM for 3 tabs. Ill test my add-ons !!

How many tabs do you have?

11t27et.jpg

I have around 100+ tabs.

35irad1.jpg

I have 11 pinned Tabs opened all the time. and Chrome's cold start up beats Firefox too easily =\!

Main reason why i switched

I have 11 pinned Tabs opened all the time. and Chrome's cold start up beats Firefox too easily =\!

I have 100+ tabs opened all the time and Firefox opens within a second.

yes , firefox handle mem usage different the chrome , that why i open this thread , to focus on CHROME regarding the site i provide ...

@demoneye:

Are you using:

1) Addons? If yes, try disabling it one by one.

2) Multi-process architecture? If yes, try Tip #1: Link

@demoneye:

Are you using:

1) Addons? If yes, try disabling it one by one.

2) Multi-process architecture? If yes, try Tip #1: Link

10x for the tips , my thing is the only pages that eat ram in my side and i found out is the one i post as example on my opening thread , i just want to see if anyone else got this memzila eating issue . :)

edit

i found process-per-site setup very useful and i give it a shoot

10x again :)

if u have OS or/and Firefox install on a SSD (or RAMDISK) does not count <_<

Why would I waste my money to buy SSD or waste memory to create a RAM Disk, when I can simply configure Firefox or any browser to work the way I want?

Why would I waste my money to buy SSD or waste memory to create a RAM Disk, when I can simply configure Firefox or any browser to work the way I want?

=o gimme that Tip?

Archived