Chrome using too much RAM

demoneye

HI

welp , i dont get this chrome alike browsers (yes also its clone) , some times an ordinary site out of the FxXx blue consuming over night 1 giga ram ??????

it happen to some sites i leave open over night (and sometime shorter period) , just to point out the sites i refer to them are Israelis ...

so at the bottom line i back using firefox again which doesn't have this kind of bull ShXt :angry:

my question is , does anyone else encore such a bizarre chrome like behavior? :(

if someone want to give it a try there is the IL`s site who gave this issue , as u will see its only linked TXT site , not heavy loaded with graphics and other stuff...

http://rotter.name/news/news.php?nws=1 

• Replies 62
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like Chrome for a different reason - can't get the highest level of security into Chrome that I get with Firefox (referring to security through add-ons on both browsers.) :thumbsdown:

insanedown58

Hmm.. I didn't get a huge performance drag. Maybe its because of a faulty installation.

PS: It hasn't been long I have been in the site for only 5 Minutes but I am still monitoring the performance.

nope, I never get experience like that

well, I don't use it as main browser, just sometimes use it. Firefox too good for me with its own add-ons and the latest beta has really good improvements. For web development, I would still prefer Firefox than Chrome also. ^_^

You could try other browser with same engine like Comodo ;)

is there any relation with GPU hardware acceleration? :think:

nope, I never get experience like that

well, I don't use it as main browser, just sometimes use it. Firefox too good for me with its own add-ons and the latest beta has really good improvements. For web development, I would still prefer Firefox than Chrome also. ^_^

You could try other browser with same engine like Comodo ;)

is there any relation with GPU hardware acceleration? :think:

i already said same issue with google chrome clones...

i dont think is related to any HA ...

I don't like Chrome for a different reason - can't get the highest level of security into Chrome that I get with Firefox (referring to security through add-ons on both browsers.) :thumbsdown:

welp , security never bother me since all my browser and chat client are under Sandboxie :)

Hmm.. I didn't get a huge performance drag. Maybe its because of a faulty installation.

PS: It hasn't been long I have been in the site for only 5 Minutes but I am still monitoring the performance.

i remove chrome also (with revo uninstaller) and reinstall same bad results.

welp cool keep on monitor it , it takes time sometimes , over night and so...:)

nops the site work properly with chrome on my pc :s

its take time mate , some time a night sleep time , and than its spike up tje 1 giga ~ :s

welp , security never bother me since all my browser and chat client are under Sandboxie :)

Did you try browsing that same site with SandBoxie disabled?

chrome is shit for each plugin act as an individual component and also each tab as new chrome too much ram and simplicity

Firefox-nine tailed browser for me!

@ demoneye

I meant for SandBoxie to be disabled temporarily (not permanently) - so that you can troubleshoot Chrome, by the elimination method. ;)

HI

welp , i dont get this chrome alike browsers (yes also its clone) , some times an ordinary site out of the FxXx blue consuming over night 1 giga ram ??????

it happen to some sites i leave open over night (and sometime shorter period) , just to point out the sites i refer to them are Israelis ...

so at the bottom line i back using firefox again which doesn't have this kind of bull ShXt :angry:

my question is , does anyone else encore such a bizarre chrome like behavior? :(

if someone want to give it a try there is the IL`s site who gave this issue , as u will see its only linked TXT site , not heavy loaded with graphics and other stuff...

I think it has something to do with the way it stores its cached webpages.... It doesn't know how to flush its memory.

I can park Chrome on facebook for an hour or so and with all of the status updates and such, it will rack up about 500 Meg of memory used. I am wondering if there is a feature within chrome to limit the usable cache that chrome has.

Thoughts?

Airstream_Bill

HI

I do not think that a lot of users realize that a large portion of that program Chrome loads at start up of Windows. Using you RAM even it you are not using CHROME. Firefox is my choice also.

@ demoneye

I meant for SandBoxie to be disabled temporarily (not permanently) - so that you can troubleshoot Chrome, by the elimination method. ;)

welp , i didnt do it :D , the reason is other pages (all of them) never encore such matter , even not close... so its not SB fault...:)

HI

I think it has something to do with the way it stores its cached webpages.... It doesn't know how to flush its memory.

I can park Chrome on facebook for an hour or so and with all of the status updates and such, it will rack up about 500 Meg of memory used. I am wondering if there is a feature within chrome to limit the usable cache that chrome has.

Thoughts?

there is a point in what u are saying , maybe this is the main reason this web site get finally 1 giga ram usage , i use "cacheman" and when i press "free ram now!" its "shrink" this page tab from 1 giga to about 100 - 200 mb ram which is normal regarding google chrome ...:)

chrome is shit for each plugin act as an individual component and also each tab as new chrome too much ram and simplicity

Firefox-nine tailed browser for me!

Nope. Never. Chrome is the best.

just to mention , i take no side in chrome niter firefox , i like them both use them both , keep my eyes open on both new improvement and speed , i think they both deliver a great speed of browsing and stability , the only downfall i fell in google chrome (or chrome clones) regarding small glitches in some sites...most of them are il`s some how :)

• Administrator

@Lyon275: How much overall system RAM you have?

@Lyon275: How much overall system RAM you have?

Total : 4 GB

Free Memory : 2.68 GB (with chrome open ) :P

beside mem eating , chrome is better than firefox when playing vidz on youtube for example , they run smooth with out lagging...

BUT mem consuming is insane ... :unsure:

Archived